Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Off Topic > Dettagli della discussione
Are Windows 8 and 9 Jeporadizing PC Gaming?
I know windows 9 hasnt came out yet, but windows 8 has. Lots and lots of people are happy with windows 7, like me. I really hope that nobody develops any games that require windows 8 or higher in the system requirements. People like me dont like change and we wouldnt want any games to be required to have windows 8 or higher, And in 20 years, most new games will require windows 9 or even windows 10 to play. Or will they? Lets hope not. Can somebody shed some light on this for me PLEASE? And tell me what is going to happen? Me, and lots of other people dont exactly love the idea of a new version of windows coming out, considering the fact that most of us know how to use windows 7 really well by now.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-11 commenti su 11
Depends on the developers. If the newer version of an OS are much more powerful then the devs would obviously want to use them. In time win 7 will become obsolete, but probably not anytime soon.
Almost there. Windows 7 isn't going to get the DirectX updates, while Windows 8/8.1 is. If the gaming industry continues to use DirectX for it's primary graphics API and embraces the next version with open arms, then Windows 7 wouldn't have much longer to go.

Honestly, 8.1 isn't that bad. You can set i to go strait to the desktop and not even loot at the Windows RT aspect of it, then ignore the "new" start menu (I find I use it more then I did the old one), you won't even notice you are not on Windows 7.
I'd prefer for games to use OpenGL so that SteamOS doesn't fail, but that's just me.
Messaggio originale di FuG chibilibi:
I'd prefer for games to use OpenGL so that SteamOS doesn't fail, but that's just me.

I'm with you there. OpenGL so I can start getting serious using Linux and still have all my games.
So you mean windows 8 is just like windows 7 if you change the settings?
Windows 8 is kind of like Vista. Both have become more useable after some updates (either in software or hardware) but the initial response seems to make people dislike it still many years later.

The reality is that as long as you stay tied to PC gaming on Windows, you will be subjected to problems like what you are describing. This is one reason that console game systems are popular. The system you buy at launch can still play the games being developed for it 10 years later.

Messaggio originale di navorskatie:
Windows 8 is kind of like Vista. Both have become more useable after some updates (either in software or hardware) but the initial response seems to make people dislike it still many years later.

The reality is that as long as you stay tied to PC gaming on Windows, you will be subjected to problems like what you are describing. This is one reason that console game systems are popular. The system you buy at launch can still play the games being developed for it 10 years later.

That is all very true, as depressing as it is. Maybe PC gaming isn't superior....
I don't care.
I honestly don't care.
The only gripe I have with my Windows 8.1 PC is that the desktop lags when highlighting an icon or right clicking anything. Everything else is absolutely perfect...except that one little thing that means a lot to me.
Well, to be honest, now that i have a new computer with Windows 8 and have gotten used to it, i would say no.

It really wasn't as bad as i thought it was, yes, there's a few pet peeves in it, but in overall, it's a really good OS.

And if you're mad that there's no start button, just download ClassicShell.
i thought windows 8 was terrible which came preinstalled on my new pc back in march last year but after a few weeks i grew to love it.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-11 commenti su 11
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Off Topic > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 21 ago 2014, ore 16:22