Ellie Jul 31, 2015 @ 2:56pm
Laptop Only Opens on "Aptio Setup Utility"
I recently had brought my laptop on a plane trip to Europe, and after the flight, my laptop began to only open up on "Aptio Setup Utility." At first, a loading icon appears, but after changing some settings, now it doesn't.

I apologize for my lack of computer knowledge. If you can, I would love it if I can find the problem, and it would be even greater if it can be fixed. Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
Bad 💀 Motha Aug 1, 2015 @ 5:21am 
Your other one has no reply yet; u can hurry up and just delete that one then.

After u do, I will just delete my post right here as well.

Judging from "google search" that app comes with some ASUS Laptops, correct?

Please put the model of laptop u have and also OS; as we kinda need that to help.
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Aug 1, 2015 @ 5:23am
Ellie Aug 1, 2015 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
Your other one has no reply yet; u can hurry up and just delete that one then.

After u do, I will just delete my post right here as well.

Judging from "google search" that app comes with some ASUS Laptops, correct?

Please put the model of laptop u have and also OS; as we kinda need that to help.
Yes, the app comes with some Asus laptops in the motherboard. It says on my laptop that it is ver: X502CA.

As of now, my hard drive runs on Windows 8, but the problem is that it won't boot on that.
Last edited by Ellie; Aug 1, 2015 @ 9:19am
Bad 💀 Motha Aug 1, 2015 @ 10:04am 
Aptio Setup Utility is something that laptop has as a stand-alone bootable utility; or that is a Windows app? I'm confused now that you're saying Win8 won't boot.
Ellie Aug 1, 2015 @ 10:53am 
Aptio Setup Utility is something that laptop has as a stand-alone bootable utility; or that is a Windows app? I'm confused now that you're saying Win8 won't boot.
What I mean is that the computer only opens now on "Aptio Setup Utility,"(This is on the motherboard, as a standalone Bootable utility) as if there is no hard drive to boot with, but I can see the hard drive if I go on "SATA Configuration." I can also see files such as Steam when I enter "Start Easy Flash."
Bad 💀 Motha Aug 2, 2015 @ 3:09am 
U have the OS SSD/HDD setup to Boot as 1st Drive?

Maybe the OS or MBR/BootLoad is corrupted; u can repair the OS, but u need a way to boot off of either Optical Media Discs (CD/DVD) or USB Flash Drive / External HDD.
Ellie Aug 2, 2015 @ 4:34am 
U have the OS SSD/HDD setup to Boot as 1st Drive?

Maybe the OS or MBR/BootLoad may be corrupted; u can repair the OS, but u need a way to boot off of either Optical Media Discs (CD/DVD) or USB Flash Drive / External HDD.
So you're saying that a part of the Motherboard's files are corrupted? If so, I will need another computer to download these files on a flash drive? If I need to download them, can you point me to a website based on the model of this laptop? Thanks!
Last edited by Ellie; Aug 2, 2015 @ 4:37am
Bad 💀 Motha Aug 2, 2015 @ 4:50am 
Just boot from your Windows OS media and do a repair; if that doesn't work, then u have issues related to corrupted OS or Drive at-hand. Either way, it appears the OS is "broken" and needs to be repaired from the OS media/disc.

Otherwise, if u can't fix it this way, take out the drive and hookup to another working machine as a secondary drive, and backup what data u need from it. Then install the drive back into original system and clean wipe it + clean install your OS.
Ellie Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:04am 
Just boot from your Windows OS media and do a repair; if that doesn't work, then u have issues related to corrupted OS or Drive at-hand. Either way, it appears the OS is "broken" and needs to be repaired from the OS media/disc.

Otherwise, if u can't fix it this way, take out the drive and hookup to another working machine as a secondary drive, and backup what data u need from it. Then install the drive back into original system and clean wipe it + clean install your OS.
How would I get this onto a flash drive? Is there a website for it?

Also, a friend had given me a windows 8 repair flash drive to me, in case the files on the drive don't work/are corrupted. When I plug this in, it doesn't do anything, and doesn't even light up(the flash drive lights up when plugged in, usually).

Forgive me for my illiteracy to computer issues.
Last edited by Ellie; Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:06am
Bad 💀 Motha Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:10am 
For bootup to USB; you may need to ONLY use a USB 2.0 port.
3.0 ports might not work fully outside of an OS.

Then u will need to enter the BIOS at system startup and change the boot order to that of:
1) USB Device/Drive
2) SATA (SSD/HDD)

Or, your laptop should have (and might even show at startup) an F key that is used for Boot Options; which selecting that, you should be able to do a one-time boot to that USB drive.
Ellie Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:14am 
For bootup to USB; you may need to ONLY use a USB 2.0 port.
3.0 ports might not work fully outside of an OS.

Then u will need to enter the BIOS at system startup and change the boot order to that of:
1) USB Device/Drive
2) SATA (SSD/HDD)

Or, your laptop should have (and might even show at startup) an F key that is used for Boot Options; which selecting that, you should be able to do a one-time boot to that USB drive.
I am not sure what you mean by USB 2.0 port. As I said before, I do not know much about fixing computers. Sorry.

Also, how do I changee the boot order to those two things? When I go to boot, I only see that you can enable/disable fast boot, or delete boot option.
Last edited by Ellie; Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:17am
Bad 💀 Motha Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:22am 
Pretty much every Laptop / Desktop for many years now, has multiple USB ports.
Some are 1.1/2.0 and some others might be 3.0
It is a "Spec" related to speed and such. But they usually also have a different chipset for each "set" of USB ports.

This is why they are color coded; 2.0 are either Black or Yellow
3.0 are Blue

If you look at the port straight-on; you can clearly see this.
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:23am
Ellie Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:28am 
Thanks. 3.0 is blue, as you said, but the 2.0 ports are grey. It still seems to be the same, though. How can I make it boot on this. And If I cant, will I have to reinstall files on the motherboard?

Edit: The flash drive lights up after booting to setup utility. I am not sure how to make it boot to the flash drive instead of opening to setup utility.
Last edited by Ellie; Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:34am
Bad 💀 Motha Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:35am 
Most laptops do have their own version/form of a Bootable Diagnostic Application; that is within the BIOS itself; or is on the HDD as part of a hidden secondary OEM partition.

Again just plug your OS USB Flash Drive into a 2.0 port (Grey) and you should be fine to boot from that.

Can U take pictures of whats on the screen once it boots to that utility application?
I really can't find much on google searches or elsewhere about it.

Overall, it just appears to me u are powering on the laptop and then letting it sit too long; press the key needed to enter the BIOS. As there might even be an option to stop booting to such utility firstly. Overall, u should enter the BIOS so u can force-change the Boot Drive Order.
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:37am
Ellie Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:46am 
Can we move this conversation elsewhere (kik, fb messenger) so I can send photos/video easier?
Last edited by Ellie; Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:46am
Ellie Aug 2, 2015 @ 5:51am 
You can upload pictures for free (even in bulk) to IMGCUR
Once uploaded should end in a unique URL address; which u could then share.
No exchange of infos needed; etc...
Can I have a link to this? And does it work with phones (as I'm using now)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 31, 2015 @ 2:56pm