mike Mar 12, 2014 @ 7:14pm
Steam Client Bug - Registry keys not properly being set after deleting/installing content
Hi,

I believe I may have found a "bug" in the Steam Client. Deleting game content doesn't activate Windows' uninstall of that game. I presume it just, you know, deletes the game's content. The issue is that there is a registry key, InstallLocation in LocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 244210 (Assetto Corsa in my case) which remains after Steam has deleted the game files.

Reinstalling the game through steam does _not_ update this key.

I don't even know if you'd consider this a bug but since I came across it, I figured I might as well report it.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
mike Mar 12, 2014 @ 7:15pm 
I forgot one main part (heh).
If you delete the game content, that registry key remains. Then if you reinstall the game AND CHANGE THE LOCATION OF THE INSTALL, the game gets installed and that key is not updated.

Sorry about that.
Black Blade Mar 13, 2014 @ 6:43am 
hi sorry i think you may be better to report it in the Steam Clinet Beta: Bug Report sub Forums then here:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/
mike Mar 13, 2014 @ 9:39am 
Thank you! I wasn't sure if that would work since I wasn't using the beta client but I will repost there.
phyj Mar 13, 2014 @ 11:47am 
9 te wac e6alo na4uwy
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 12, 2014 @ 7:14pm