what happened to the Rep system the old fourms had?
So I love these fourms and everything but the one and only thing it's missing is a fancy rep counter. That would be nice ya know show off to your friends and all that.
I mean it's a bit lame that almost every fourm site has rep but this one.
So it would be nice if we got a Rep counter back for the new fourms
Отредактировано Your Majesty Padded Gamer; 3 мар. 2014 г. в 19:46
< >
Сообщения 18 из 8
Thankfully it was left out as it was useless.

Almost every other forum has a rep system? I don't know any other forum that has it.
Well to be true looking on the two now..i think in a way Valve has now 2 forums not an old and new
More like two types... these one is a more clean one, no rep no much but a simple post

When the other is more of a forum.. also what Jade say
Was abused.
Was not used for what it was intended.
People used it in a way to claim how good they where compared to 0 rep users.

So it won't be coming back.
So they introduced a "Steam Level" which basically suggests superiority by name? Well...
They could reintroduce the "add rep" button and have it give the corresponding user 1 Steam XP. Although that would probably cause inflation really fast.
Автор сообщения: daniu -TLG-
So they introduced a "Steam Level" which basically suggests superiority by name? Well...
They could reintroduce the "add rep" button and have it give the corresponding user 1 Steam XP. Although that would probably cause inflation really fast.
that will do abuse really fast ya
Автор сообщения: daniu -TLG-
Speaking of "Superiotrity" Your level 50 bro.
So yeah before you talk relize your being a hipocrit bro
Автор сообщения: Jade
Thankfully it was left out as it was useless.

Almost every other forum has a rep system? I don't know any other forum that has it.
Minecraft fourms as an example.
*editted to remove reference to removed post*

Personally, I think the handful of mods do a great job of keeping the forums in check. Posts that are in the wrong place tend to get moved. Posts that are blatantly flaming get vanished, and the 20 million threads that appear when something breaks tend to get merged quite quickly.

In my personaly experience, rep systems in forums (as well as post counts) tend not to work well, and get used as oneupmanship. They can be easily abused (x player beat me in a game, -rep for all his posts! Tell all friends to do it too), and very rarely add any useful features.

If you want to make shiny numbers in steam, there's always the badge/xp system. Still not quite sure what the point of that is, but horses for courses I guess.
Отредактировано Pewpewmoar; 4 мар. 2014 г. в 15:46
< >
Сообщения 18 из 8
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 3 мар. 2014 г. в 19:46