Need "reason for add" on friends add requests......
When lots of people add you for trading or whatever, this would make it easier to deal with them, also they could make their offers in the note. It would also cut down on phishers, because those people/bots generally wouldn't bother to customize a message enough to make it worth checking out, and it would be an obvious ignore.
< >
15 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
If and when it will be added the bots will have a message so it will not cut it (like they add something for steam guard when it was added)
And as these was ask many times there can be many problems like someone can just put a pouching site on it or spam (for the lolz)
En son Black Blade tarafından düzenlendi; 3 Mar 2014 @ 14:36
Not a bad idea, I receive friend requests from random people from time to time (and always decline them). I'd like to at least know why they're adding me.
İlk olarak Majestic Turkey tarafından gönderildi:
When lots of people add you for trading or whatever, this would make it easier to deal with them, also they could make their offers in the note. It would also cut down on phishers, because those people/bots generally wouldn't bother to customize a message enough to make it worth checking out, and it would be an obvious ignore.
"obvious" for everyone ? That's not sure at all.
Sadly, despite phishers being mostly recognizable, some people will STILL fall into the trap.

So, what would stop user 5289784 from clicking the provided link in the "reason for add", despite all the safeguards already in place ? Nothing.

The room for abuse is far too high, as of now.

For the rest, this post says it all :
İlk olarak Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/ tarafından gönderildi:
If and when it will be added the bots will have a message so it will not cut it (like they add something for steam guard when it was added)
And as these was ask many times there can be many problems like someone can just put a pouching site on it or spam (for the lolz)
İlk olarak Fox tarafından gönderildi:
So, what would stop user 5289784 from clicking the provided link in the "reason for add", despite all the safeguards already in place ? Nothing.
What would stop user 5289784 from clicking the first link received from the newly added "friend", despite all the safeguards already in place? Nothing.

So that's not really a reason against it. You might as well argue that Steam should remove all text input as there is too much room for careless people to run into some trap.
It shouldn't be implemented as it could be used to harass someone without them ever agreeing to the contact.
Ya. And it sucks as an anti bot measure because bots would have a much easier time automatically filling out a text input than a user would...
İlk olarak Fox tarafından gönderildi:
"obvious" for everyone ? That's not sure at all.
Sadly, despite phishers being mostly recognizable, some people will STILL fall into the trap.

The room for abuse is far too high, as of now.

For the rest, this post says it all :
İlk olarak Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/ tarafından gönderildi:

Sorry its very simple to solve. No urls in the reason for add notes.

İlk olarak TirithRR tarafından gönderildi:
Ya. And it sucks as an anti bot measure because bots would have a much easier time automatically filling out a text input than a user would...

Actually it wouldn't.

If I'm not buying a team captain and it adds me saying its interested in a team captain for some reason I know its a nonsense add.

Customizing adds so they actually make sense is not an easy problem for a bot to solve.
Sorry its very simple to solve. No urls in the reason for add notes.

And like that has ever stopped spammers? really? have you seen your inbox?

Actually it wouldn't.

If I'm not buying a team captain and it adds me saying its interested in a team captain for some reason I know its a nonsense add.

Customizing adds so they actually make sense is not an easy problem for a bot to solve.

Reason for add:

"Hello, I would like to trade with you." or "Hello, I'm interested in your trade offer". Automatically filled in like the rest of the fields required to send a message.
I like the idea of an autofill option as stated by TirithRR.Misunderstood and clarified for self by reading previous post Being given the option to disable it as well would be an acceptable compromise if such a feature was implemented to avoid abuse.

Options such as what game a person is from, what date they met, and a list of reasons as to why they're adding someone would be a good set of options for sending pre-made messages.

"Username123 is requesting to add you from game "Team Fortress 2" from 3/2/2013 (7 days ago) to become friends."

"Username697 is requesting to add you from game "Counter Strike" from 5/2/2013 (6 days ago) to trade."

A few examples although I've always wondered why there isn't a greeting option when adding someone. Restricting such a feature only to people you've played with for example may be an acceptable option to avoid abuse.
En son ohnoD tarafından düzenlendi; 3 Mar 2014 @ 16:53
İlk olarak 90999 tarafından gönderildi:
I like the idea of an autofill option as stated by TirithRR.

You misunderstand me. I wasn't saying they should add the feature with an auto fill. I was saying that bots would just automatically fill it with the exampled phrases and bypass this little feature that would supposedly make it easy to spot and stop bots.
İlk olarak 90999 tarafından gönderildi:
I like the idea of an autofill option as stated by TirithRR.

You misunderstand me. I wasn't saying they should add the feature with an auto fill. I was saying that bots would just automatically fill it with the exampled phrases and bypass this little feature that would supposedly make it easy to spot and stop bots.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. I do however stand by my post although even with such a feature restrictions should be met.

Actually it wouldn't.

Reason for add:

"Hello, I would like to trade with you." or "Hello, I'm interested in your trade offer". Automatically filled in like the rest of the fields required to send a message.

Which would let people just automatically ignore such adds

Simply by adding notes on your outpost trade to not add without notes, you filter out the people who read and also phishers.

Course if you are desperate to check out everyone, then yea you will add all the phishers.
< >
15 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 3 Mar 2014 @ 14:32
İleti: 15