GSoda 2014년 2월 10일 오후 3시 57분
Remove Indie Games from "New Releases" tab
Pretty much as the title suggests. Right now the overwhelming majority of entries under this tab are games belonging to the indie category. It's cluttering up the formerly useful tab with niche products, making it overall cumbersome for use.

Perhaps add an additional tab with "new indie releases" ?
< >
35개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
Black Blade 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 00분 
why? do you not like indie games? so dose that mean its less then AAA titles?

I really do not agree with you
Black Blade 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 00분
GSoda 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 03분 
There are bad AAA games and there a bad indie games -it's just that the percentage of lackluster/bad indie games is significantly higher...so while before perhaps 1 out of 10 games was interesting under the "New Releases" tab it's now more close to 1 out of 50 games. Indies just cater too much to niche audiences.

Opening up the floodgates on Greenlight certainly didn't help either...what also might help might be a simple option/checkbox to ignore new indie releases ?
GSoda 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 05분
Black Blade 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 10분 
Well i really do not agree on these matter (and i do not think its the first time we talk abut these :D:) but as Steam was one of the things that really help boost indie games up as the easy they give to sale by the AAA titles i really do not think that it will happen

As it seem here you want to pretty much cut out a full part of gaming just as it was made by a small group?
Doing something like that will harm in a way some devs that any how its not easy for them to get sales... so i do not agree at all on these.. even more as there are more indie titles out there as there are more devs that do it, yes there will be more bad games... but looking in the last AAA games... i really do not think you can relay on them much any how
Lone Wolfe (Hoover1979) 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 13분 
Yup I am sick of looking in New releases and finding out 90% of them are crap Indie games that arent worth 2 knobs of goat ♥♥♥♥! I agree with the OP on this one!:ss13ok:
Lone Wolfe (Hoover1979) 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 14분
GSoda 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 20분 
I do not mind indie games as a concept, but arguing that banning indie games from the "New release" tab is bad for some indie devs business...well...that really is not my concern. There is just too much mediocre/ bad indie games out there for me to care much. I'm just fed up with wading through a sea of uninteresting content in search for that _one_ exceptional indie game that comes along once a year.

Give them their own category or me at least an option to ignore them on the front page.
GSoda 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 20분
Black Blade 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 28분 
GSoda님이 먼저 게시:
I do not mind indie games as a concept, but arguing that banning indie games from the "New release" tab is bad for some indie devs business...well...that really is not my concern. There is just too much mediocre/ bad indie games out there for me to care much. I'm just fed up with wading through a sea of uninteresting content in search for that _one_ exceptional indie game that comes along once a year.

Give them their own category or me at least an option to ignore them on the front page.
You know what can happen then? Indie games can just not mark them self as indie games then what will you do?
And even if you think its not your concern so think abut it like these you are now trying to tell Valve to do something that you want... why will they do it? if they harm the "indie devs business" that come to them so they lose on it as well
Black Blade 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 29분
GSoda 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 37분 
Indie games are very easily recognisable as such, no matter what they label themselves -in 99% of all cases it's clear from just glancing at them in passing.

...and Valve certainly doesn't need to banish indie games from their store. There's no need for that. Just don't clutter up the frontpage with them. At least give them their own category or something. An "ignore" button would be just as fine.
Black Blade 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 40분 
GSoda님이 먼저 게시:
Indie games are very easily recognisable as such, no matter what they label themselves -in 99% of all cases it's clear from just glancing at them in passing.

...and Valve certainly doesn't need to banish indie games from their store. There's no need for that. Just don't clutter up the frontpage with them. At least give them their own category or something. An "ignore" button would be just as fine.
to be true thinking abut it if you take off the indie games i think the store will move much much slower will be pretty boring XD
bvguthrie 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 43분 
I have an even better idea! We should remove Activision games from the New Releases tab, because they're terrible, and are cluttering up Steam. We should remove Bethesda games from New Releases, because they have so many bugs that they're practically Early Access. We should remove Ubisoft games from New Releases, because they're infected with Uplay. There are probably other companies we should cut out as well. The New Releases tab should be reserved for Half Life 3. Until it comes out, no other game is worthy to be listed.

Seriously, the real problem is that Steam's search capability is terrible. Steam needs to rebuild its search system from the ground up, so that people can find the games they want, and not the ones they don't. A few ideas: add more genre tags (and update old game listings where possible), separate game genres from other tag categories like "Early Access" and "Indie," let people sort by as many or as few tags as they want, and let them narrow searches by release date.
Gus the Crocodile 2014년 2월 10일 오후 4시 46분 
Personally I'd rather an ignore button for the bland, uninspired fluff people call "AAA". But rather than just catering to my particular biases by segregating things I don't like, and thus pissing off people with different tastes, I recognise that it'd be better to add better custom searching/filtering to the store, so everyone can have their way. No need to give indie games special treatment in this regard.
Swoopling 2014년 2월 10일 오후 6시 19분 
I agree with OP in regard that indie games are very low quality
Visible Ghostz 2014년 2월 11일 오전 3시 24분 
To be honest Steam needs quality control. There's too many broken games for sale.
Despicable Me News Anchor 2014년 2월 11일 오후 2시 17분 
Osyrhia님이 먼저 게시:
To be honest Steam needs quality control. There's too many broken games for sale.
There is, it is called greenlight. If people vote for it, it gets on steam.
Despicable Me News Anchor 2014년 2월 11일 오후 2시 18분 
Indie devs have a right to have their games on Steam too, I dissagree. But however I do wish there would be no Early access. It is clogging up Steam with games that are broken and unfinished and is just a sorry excuse for devs to realease a broken game that never gets finished.
GSoda 2014년 2월 11일 오후 2시 38분 
At least Early Access games/demos are not featured in the "New Releases" tab anymore...if only the same were true for indie games.
< >
35개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2014년 2월 10일 오후 3시 57분
게시글: 35