Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Help and Tips > Подробности темы
Тема закрыта
Steam windows 8.1 preview
After the installation of windows 8.1 preview, my steam games do not launch. I have tried running them from compatibilty mode win 7/8 and i have also run steam and, Dota 2 being the case, the games with admin privilages. I am right now backing up my steam games and will try reinstalling steam.

If anyone else has some suggestions that would be great.
You cannot revert back to windows 8 from 8.1. You have to a windows 8 refresh which wipes your programs and apps.

Thanks

Nate
< >
Сообщения 115 из 41
Dito here -- updated to 8.1 this morning, and no games launch. I can start the launcher for Crusader Kings II, but it will neither start the game nor show the various DLCs and mods I have installed. Re-downloading now, with ♥♥♥♥♥♥ internet.
After runing Windows update (there were 4 or 5 win 8.1 patches) steam started working.
Always make an image of your current drive before trying a preview. Makes life easier that way.
Автор сообщения: Athdar
After runing Windows update (there were 4 or 5 win 8.1 patches) steam started working.

Doesn't work for me. Microsoft patch notes also don't seem to relate to the issue. Was there anything else you did?
The only thing that has helped to reinstall Windows :(
You reinstalled Windows 8.1 Preview and is working?
Same problem here. Nothing has worked so far
Good to know. Better do not update for now.
No, I reinstalled Windows 8
Updating from the Windows store screws things up. Use the ise

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

Everything is working well with it and the Nvidia 326.01 drivers Nvidia released for it are fantastic after the disaster of the 320 branch.
Отредактировано LoTekRabbit; 28 июн. 2013 г. в 2:07
Nvidia 326.01 drivers fixed my problems!
Yeah thanks guys! I reinstalled windows. Won't make that mistake again
Terraria and Torchlight 2 aren't working for me post Preview as well as a few other updates from Windows updater :(
i have win 8 and lot of games on it.only 2 games are working .day of defeat and euro truck simulator.i bought few days ago arma 2 and today ace combat assault horizon,but no one can be played.stuck on the instalation of vc redist package .
< >
Сообщения 115 из 41
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Help and Tips > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 26 июн. 2013 г. в 19:40