Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Elric Kvothe 10. dec. 2012 kl. 14:20
Gamefly -> Steam
Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase games on Gamefly, and then activate them on Steam? The Steam site seems to say that this is possible, but when I tried entering the key on "Add Games" (in Steam) I get a message saying "Invalid Product Code". The specific game in question is GTA IV.

I opened a support case with Steam a month ago, and they still haven't fixed it. So I'm pretty frustrated with Steam, but at the same time I enjoy using it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Silaence
< >
Viser 1-9 af 9 kommentarer
The Brown Hornet 10. dec. 2012 kl. 14:25 
of course u can, half of my library came from Gamefly and Amazon
chris 10. dec. 2012 kl. 14:31 
It depends on the game. Obviously this won't help you now, but for the future, you have to check the game's page to make sure it can be activated on Steam.

For example:
http://www.gamefly.com/Download-The-Walking-Dead/5003915/
http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Dishonored/5004504/

It says "This installs and requires Steamworks to play", so you'll know that it has to be activated on Steam.
Kenny32673 10. dec. 2012 kl. 15:55 
Yeah GTA IV cannot be activated on Steam. It is not a Steamworks game.
Elric Kvothe 13. dec. 2012 kl. 19:43 
Ugh, this is just so frustrating! Steam keeps saying "the issue is resolved" or telling me to go back to the vendor for key issues. No matter how many times they close my support case, it still says my key from Gamefly is invalid.
Elric Kvothe 13. dec. 2012 kl. 19:43 
In any case, thank you all for your confirmation!
Spawn of Totoro 13. dec. 2012 kl. 19:45 
It is worth noting, in order to remove a credit card from your account, you need to contact Gamefly's support. Otherwise the card will stay attatched.
Mivo 14. dec. 2012 kl. 1:37 
Oprindeligt skrevet af CotP Silaence:
Ugh, this is just so frustrating! Steam keeps saying "the issue is resolved" or telling me to go back to the vendor for key issues. No matter how many times they close my support case, it still says my key from Gamefly is invalid.

Is it possible that Gamefly gave you an invalid key? I've activated literally dozens of games bought from other vendors and I have never had one that didn't work (well, SR3's key refused to work for region reasons, but it stated the problem clearly). The vendor does seem the better contact here. If they did give you an invalid key, Valve is the wrong party to get frustrated with. They didn't sell the game to you.
Spawn of Totoro 14. dec. 2012 kl. 6:15 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Mivo:
Is it possible that Gamefly gave you an invalid key? I've activated literally dozens of games bought from other vendors and I have never had one that didn't work (well, SR3's key refused to work for region reasons, but it stated the problem clearly). The vendor does seem the better contact here. If they did give you an invalid key, Valve is the wrong party to get frustrated with. They didn't sell the game to you.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

GTA IV isn't on the list of games that can be activated on Steam.
Elric Kvothe 21. dec. 2012 kl. 17:10 
It may not be on their Retail list anymore, but it most definitely was when I purchased the game. That "accepted keys" list was the first place I checked (before I even bought it from GameFly).
< >
Viser 1-9 af 9 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 10. dec. 2012 kl. 14:20