Ця тема закрита
Steam Client - Browser?
Sorry if this is a dumb question,
Is it possible to use the steam client as like.. a browser?
Like being able to place a url into the steam client, and i.e. going to google.com

< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 43
yes but not in the client it self..
If you are in game you can use the browser in the over lay...

You cant do these as its a way to keep you safe as you know as long as it opens in the client its a Steam site and not a fake Steam site or something like that
Автор останньої редакції: Black Blade; 2 трав. 2014 о 2:38
FYI, it's possible to do it with the Steam client browser outside of game, though it's a bit roundabout.

1. Post or find a Youtube video on a Steam site (such as the community forums). Such as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfEE-GoJS2E
2. Click the "watch on Youtube" button on the Youtube video player. This should open a new window.
3. You're on Youtube now. Use Youtube's search bar to find a search engine. For example, look for Google.
4. Find a video whose description links to a page using that search engine. For example, a Google blog video or something. Where they'd actually link back to their own thing. Click it.
5. Use links on that page to navigate back to the search engine's homepage.
6. Search for whatever you want.

If you need to access a webpage you can't bring up in a search, get yourself membership on an internet forum somewhere, and use that membership to post a link to whatever you want to go to. Forum software systems generally turn URLs into hyperlinks, which you can then click. Alternatively, any webpage that will link you to whatever URL you type in, will work. You might even be able to do this by posting Youtube comments or sending Youtube messages. (DON'T do that on this video.)
Автор останньої редакції: Quint the Alligator Snapper; 2 трав. 2014 о 16:46
haha alright thanks for your replies and time.
I appreciate it :squirtyay:
Цитата допису xzC:
haha alright thanks for your replies and time.
I appreciate it :squirtyay:
any way why do you want these XD
I was watching a Twitch streamer play cs go, and he had like a steam browser kinda thing going on, and i was curious as to how he got it :P
That sounds like the in-game browser anyway.
Цитата допису xzC:
I was watching a Twitch streamer play cs go, and he had like a steam browser kinda thing going on, and i was curious as to how he got it :P
well can be the in-game browser.. can also be he just skin his browser to look like Steam XD
Цитата допису Quint Monster Ate Yer Ice Cream:
FYI, it's possible to do it with the Steam client browser outside of game, though it's a bit roundabout.

1. Post or find a Youtube video on a Steam site (such as the community forums). Such as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfEE-GoJS2E
2. Click the "watch on Youtube" button on the Youtube video player. This should open a new window.
3. You're on Youtube now. Use Youtube's search bar to find a search engine. For example, look for Google.
4. Find a video whose description links to a page using that search engine. For example, a Google blog video or something. Where they'd actually link back to their own thing. Click it.

If you need to access a webpage you can't bring up in a search, get yourself membership on an internet forum somewhere, and use that membership to post a link to whatever you want to go to. Forum software systems generally turn URLs into hyperlinks, which you can then click. Alternatively, any webpage that will link you to whatever URL you type in, will work. You might even be able to do this by posting Youtube comments or sending Youtube messages. (DON'T do that on this video.)

Thanks alot! Helped perfectly.
Цитата допису QuintSakugarne:

OH GOOD GOD, THANK YOU QUINT!
I understand they want to protect us, but GOOD GOD that was infuriating,

Luckily this was a 1 time NEEDED THING (trading that needs to be done before sale end, and if i use non-steam browser i need to wait 7 days.)

If I even had to do this once a day I would lose my mind.

Автор останньої редакції: Francis; 14 груд. 2014 о 10:49
I find this helpful. Thank you quint :D
Enter CS:GO. Choose an item and press ''Sell on Market'' then just change link xD
thx
Автор останньої редакції: Dog Water; 9 листоп. 2015 о 21:36
The overlay browser uses the same crediantials (cookies) as the steam client. That means it could be used for trading if you cleaned your cookies or changed your browser.
big picture mode offers an browser option.
yeah, but that browser sucks even more as the overlay&steam client browser imho
< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 43
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 1 трав. 2014 о 22:04
Дописів: 43