thegingahninja101 Aug 14, 2014 @ 6:38pm
An error occured while updating -game- (corrupt download)
Whenever I try to install a game, it says that the download was corrupt. This message appears every 5-10 minutes. However after clicking ok, I can press play and it will resume the download, but yet again after 5-10 minutes it will say the message. This makes it so that I have to constantly be at my computer to resume the download. For bigger-sized games (like Batman: Arkham City) it has taken me two days to get only a fourth done. My internet connection woks fine and this error has been going on for about 5 months now. Has anyone had the same problem? If so can you help me?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Thellere Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:05am 
I'm having the exact same problem except it only started for me yesterday. I've sent a message to Steam support but I haven't heard anything back yet... it's a fresh Windows install so I have no idea what's going on. Do games actually run when they're done at least? I havn't gotten one to finish yet :(
thegingahninja101 Aug 15, 2014 @ 4:20pm 
That is the thing. The games run perfectly fine when they are complete.
thegingahninja101 Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:38pm 
Have you gotten a reply from Steam support? I sent them a message 3 days ago and they haven't replied.
Thellere Aug 18, 2014 @ 7:17pm 
Nope, nothing at all :(
Fitz Nov 15, 2014 @ 1:46pm 
I have the same problem for every game I have; steam support sent me a link on how to fix it but it does not work for me, see if this helps for ya'll https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638
thegingahninja101 Dec 13, 2014 @ 12:43pm 
Thanks mate. I have tried too but it didn't work also.
Fitz Dec 19, 2014 @ 4:58pm 
I fixed my problem but in an odd way, all I did was switch my wifi connection to a different internet and then I could download. In your case I would suggest getting a different router or trying to do what I did
Rent Boy Dec 24, 2014 @ 7:38am 
Try changing the download region in settings. That worked for me
Fitz Dec 25, 2014 @ 10:00am 
That is one thing I tried that did not work for ME but it might work for you guys
Метkić94 Jan 25 @ 3:38pm 
If you tried all that steam suport told you (Verfy game, reinstal ,change download region,chek your router & conection , disable firewall & anti-virus....) and it still dosen't work you should try next.
If you have these problems ( you have problem with instaling programs,"CRC error" , steam games cant download "download corrupt" , game crash , "exe stoped working" ...)

These problems appeare because you have error in Ram memory - hard disck , to chek your memory i would advise you to change ram-memory and test aplications&games and other programs again, if problem is appearing again you should download "HD pro" and test your HARD DISC if you have no bad sectors , CRC or other errors, then it's probably due to some virus, try to download ANTI-MALWARE and scan your computer , also go to task manager -- performance and see if your CPU and PSYHICAL memory are higher then ussual. Cpu should be 0-3% usage if you are in dekstop without opend programs, psychical memory should be about 1.20-1.40 if it's higher than this, then you have viruses that will prevent you from instaling and using programs corectly.
Anyway this was my problem i hope your is due to software or steam...
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50