Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Discussions > Подробности за темата
Steam Abuse
English Translation:
I still can't fathom what just happened to me earlier today, instead, I refuse to believe it.

I never imagined being called a "♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥"(liberal translation), and that i should not play Dota 2, between other horrible stuff which I refuse to describe here. I am so shocked and hurt about the whole deal that I don't even know what to say, except it being unacceptable behaviour on their part. I have met countless nice people in this community, many which I became real friends with, I have met alot of not so nice ones, but, nothing can compare or measure up to the despicable way I have been treated today.

These users really were not participating in any way that allowed them to play dota 2 and have fun playing it, but were in fact playing just to humiliate and harass me both on voice chat and text. It is fine to be a griefer, they exist everywhere in a online enviroment, it is fine to call somebody a noob, but I have never had my pride as a woman and as a human being broken the way it happened today.

Their fun is to spoilthe fun of others, be it by being sexist, humiliating people, being racist and preconceived(Both are crimes here in Brazil).

People who act like that and do not feel any consequence or remorce for their actions should not be a part of the Steam community or any other community. It makes me very sad to have found people like them here, and I sincerely hope that measures be taken so that these two between others can not do this with anyone else, videogames are the medium that we love and this community is still in it's beginning.

If we end prejudice and lack of respect here, the general public will start seeing us as people who love an ART and not a waste of time. I love gamer culture and love our community too, but it is thanks to days such as this one that show the convencional media is not all that mistaken to blame videogame communities for real social problems.

I hope Valve keep up the good work it has been doing on cutting down the bad apples from the bunch and, if you want to help too, bump this thread, tell your own history here and share it on facebook, toghether we can bring to the light of authorities countless other cases of harassment that happen every day, not only on Steam or Dota 2 but in every internet communication platform.

Original Text:

Eu ainda não consigo acreditar no que acaba de acontecer comigo, ou melhor, eu não quero acreditar.

Nunca imaginei que seria chamada de um puta de merda, e que nem deveria estar jogando Dota 2 , entre outras coisas horriveis cujo me recuso a descrever. Estou tão chocada e magoada com o ocorrido que nem sei o que dizer sobre isso, fora ser um comportamento inaceitavel. Pois já conheci pessoas muito legais nesse jogo muitas cuja me tornei amiga, assim como já conheci outras que não me agradaram, porém, nada se compara com a forma despresível a qual fui tratada hoje.

Estes usuários realmente não estavam participando de forma alguma na partida de modo a jogar dota 2 e se divirtir jogando, mas sim para me humilhar e pejorar no chat de texto e de voz . Tudo bem ser griefer, estes existem em todos os jogos online, chamar de noob tudo bem, mas nunca tive meu orgulho como mulher e como ser humano ferido da maneira que ocorreu hoje.

A diversao deles é estragar a diversão dos outros, sendo machistas, humilhando outras pessoas, sendo racistas e preconceituosos (o que é crime em meu país).

Pessoas que agem dessa forma e não observam consequência em seus atos não deveriam estar na communidade do steam e em nenhuma outra comunidade. Estou muito triste por ter encontrado duas pessoas assim aqui, espero sinceramente que medidas sejam tomadas para que esses dois entre outros não possam mais fazer isso com mais ninguém, videogames são a mídia que amamos e está comunidade está ainda em seu inicio.

Se cortarmos o preconceito e a falta de respeito aqui, o publico geral poderá começar a nos ver como pessoas que gostam de uma arte e não de uma perda de tempo. Amo a cultura Gamer e também amo nossa comunidade, mas são acontecimentos como esse que não tiram a razão da mídia convencional, que diariamente culpa os videogames por problemas reais em nossa sociedade.

Espero que a Valve de continuidade ao bom trabalho que vem realizando em retirar as ervas daninhas de nossos jardins e, se você támbem deseja ajudar, de bump nesta thread, conte sua história e de share no facebook, juntos podemos trazer a luz muitos outros casos de abuso que ocorrem todos os dias, não só no Steam ou no Dota 2 mais em muitos outros meios de comunicação na internet.
Последно редактиран от KitKath1337; 3 февр. 2013 в 22:46
< >
Показване на 1-12 от 12 коментара
I was on that game Everyone on the team was affected by this and they even had the nerve to tell the other team to report me, her and another player, something like this is unacceptable.
Report them via their profiles. Calling them out on the users discussion board really does nothing aside from allow the potential flamewar.
Just reporting them does nothing for the awareness that people are being harassed this very moment, but you are right, nobody likes flame wars.
Removed the user names to not agravate the responsible people for their desmeanor, flaming them was not my intention, I just want this kind of stuff to stop happening online, such a nice community is getting hit with this everyday and nobody says anything.
I don't know why you labeled this thread "Steam abuse" when the abuse is not caused by Steam.
Report.
Block.
Ignore.

This is the internet, sad as it is, people is going to be an ass. Don't let it affect you, it only fuels them.

(At least until a 'Punch people in the face through TCP-IP' protocol is invented)
I did not once said I was abused by the Steam platform or system in any way, about the title I am sorry if you took it as ambiguous, english is only my second language, sorry about that.
Първоначално публикувано от Tito Shivan:
Report.
Block.
Ignore.

This is the internet, sad as it is, people is going to be an ass. Don't let it affect you, it only fuels them.

(At least until a 'Punch people in the face through TCP-IP' protocol is invented)

I disagree on the people are going to be an ass just because of anonimity, I hope more people bringing ocurrances like this to light as a way to bring a change of attitute in the online communities, most people like to grief in online games to get the kicks they can't have in real life thanks to the law, but in the future, internet communities are not going to be a niche anymore, they will become mainstream and legislation will come with it, why don't start the change now, instead of just brushing it off as normal behaviour?
Първоначално публикувано от Katherine The Great:
Първоначално публикувано от Tito Shivan:
Report.
Block.
Ignore.

I disagree on the people are going to be an ass just because of anonimity, I hope more people bringing ocurrances like this to light as a way to bring a change of attitute in the online communities, most people like to grief in online games to get the kicks they can't have in real life thanks to the law, but in the future, internet communities are not going to be a niche anymore, they will become mainstream and legislation will come with it, why don't start the change now, instead of just brushing it off as normal behaviour?

Bringing it to light won't do anything, people are aware of it already, there's no one here who doesn't realize it happens but you can't really stop idiots from being idiots when there's no consequences. And the law isn't going to stop this sort of thing ever, racist/sexist remarks aren't illegal everywhere and since the internet is a international thing it's not going to stop. I should note the internet isn't niche as is, gaming might become more wide stream but that won't change the internet as a whole anyway.
I hate to say it so bluntly but you're just going to have to suck it up, people will be jerks just don't let it get to you.
Първоначално публикувано от Bikes:
Bringing it to light won't do anything, people are aware of it already

Ignoring the problem won't do anything either.

Първоначално публикувано от Bikes:
I hate to say it so bluntly but you're just going to have to suck it up, people will be jerks just don't let it get to you.

People like you are the reason abuse like this still exists. Everytime someone tries to do something about it you tell them to "suck it up".
Първоначално публикувано от Jade:
Ignoring the problem won't do anything either.
This thread has already had people say to Report and Block people who harrass. If everyone who felt affected by this did that there wouldn't be a problem.
Последно редактиран от Felix; 4 февр. 2013 в 7:13
Първоначално публикувано от Jade:
People like you are the reason abuse like this still exists. Everytime someone tries to do something about it you tell them to "suck it up".

People like the OP is taking about want that. They want to go to the forum so they can see how mad they made others and what they say about them. They enjoy it. If all that is done is block and report, that isn't the reaction they want. Without that reaction, they won't keep doing it. They want to ruin others fun and gloat about it.

With that in mind, who is encouraging them more? The one who gives them the satisying reaction they want or the one who quietly reports and blocks them?

We alreasy know people like that exist. Everyone has ran into one at some point while gaming. There is nothing to call attention to.
< >
Показване на 1-12 от 12 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Discussions > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 3 февр. 2013 в 22:39
Публикации: 12