Issac Brock (Banned) Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:00am
So this is the Spring Sale?
That sucks. Was hoping to load up on some real games. Who in their right mind is going to wade through 1000 crap games.(no question mark nowadays).1000 crap games is a total waste of valuable bandwidth. No wonder Steam is getting laggy it servers are constantly vomitting!

As far as I'm concerned, Steam could shove that whole section along with the even stupider " pay us to be a beta tester series". If that idea flys then it proves that people are idiots.

Update: Okay, there had never been a spring sale. Check. Some of these games do look intersting and "crap" maybe an unfair pronoun. Still think the early release is a flawed concept.

Another Update: Bikes gave me a list of games to looks at. Here is what I thought of some of them.

Limbo - very nice looking game. looks like it might be fun to play.

Trine 2 - another nice looking game with neat puzzles.

So I was wrong in my initial reaction to these games. Some of them look pretty nice and fun to play.

I musta woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I started two posts today and have ended up doing a 180 on both posts.
Last edited by Issac Brock; Mar 22, 2013 @ 1:36pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Marble Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:13am 
A lot of these are really good games, actually. I haven't checked all of the ones on sale because there are just too many, but I have spotted a few on there that are an absolute steal at their current price. :)
Issac Brock (Banned) Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:16am 
Originally posted by Canti:
, but I have spotted a few on there that are an absolute steal at their current price. :)

I think that is called garbage picking and not stealing. Years ago Steam sold real games during the spring sale so having the real games excluded because of these crap imitations is some cheap a** way of still having a spring sale, yet offer nothing.
Marble Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:28am 
Sorry to hear that there is nothing there that interests you :(. I suppose it depends on what your definition of a "real game" is.
Issac Brock (Banned) Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:36am 
Originally posted by Canti:
Sorry to hear that there is nothing there that interests you :(. I suppose it depends on what your definition of a "real game" is.

If they had of ran their regular titles for Spring Sale like they did last year I might of found something. This is just Steam being cheap a** this year. Crap Sale.
ariba Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:44am 
No need to be so upset. The Steam sales in general are pretty good.
Issac Brock (Banned) Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:52am 
Originally posted by Utrax:
No need to be so upset. The Steam sales in general are pretty good.

They used to be. When they offered their main titles for sale.
Mark S. Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:06am 
go ahead and get Nation Red. for $2 its a steal
Issac Brock (Banned) Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:20am 
Originally posted by Ottoman Turk:
go ahead and get Nation Red. for $2 its a steal

Thanks. I'll take a look at it. Was looking forward to the spring sale with a few choice titles in mind. Got pretty dissapointed when I realized that wasn't happening, but I'm over it now.

Good thing they have a search bar.
Last edited by Issac Brock; Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:21am
Jade Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:24am 
Originally posted by Abraxus:
If they had of ran their regular titles for Spring Sale like they did last year

There has never been a big spring sale. The only big sales have been christmas and summer sales. The indie sale is no different from the Ubisoft sale earlier.

This is just Steam being cheap a** this year.

Valve / Steam doesn't set the prices. They also can't put games on sale unless the developers allow it.
That sucks. Was hoping to load up on some real games. Who in their right mind is going to wade through 1000 crap games.(no question mark nowadays).1000 crap games is a total waste of valuable bandwidth. No wonder Steam is getting laggy it servers are constantly vomitting!

If any game on your wishlist is indicative of what you're looking for, you're quite delusional. Most of them are 1-2 moths old. You can't seriously expect a 75% off a 30 days old game.
Issac Brock (Banned) Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:50am 
Originally posted by Jade:
If they had of ran their regular titles for Spring Sale like they did last year

There has never been a big spring sale.

Valve / Steam doesn't set the prices. They also can't put games on sale unless the developers allow it.

Well then it's damn well time they started one then...lol. What the h*ll is a matter with them?
Last edited by Issac Brock; Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:51am
Serell Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:55am 
As far as Ièm concerned, Steam could shove that whole section along with the even stupider " pay us to be a beta tester series". If that idea flys then it proves that people are idiots.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this to people complaining about paying to beta test, but....
MINECRAFT
MINE
FREAKING
CRAFT

Issac Brock (Banned) Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:57am 
Originally posted by JonahD:
As far as Ièm concerned, Steam could shove that whole section along with the even stupider " pay us to be a beta tester series". If that idea flys then it proves that people are idiots.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this to people complaining about paying to beta test, but....
MINECRAFT
MINE
FREAKING
CRAFT

What ever happened to the concept of giving the people that are helping you develop a game a free copy of the game? Hello? These people are helping you!
Serell Mar 22, 2013 @ 8:05am 
Why would they give me a free copy when I and many others are willing to pay for it? I got to play the game while it was in devolopement and watch it grow. I also got the game for cheaper because I bought it while in beta/alpha.
Spawn of Totoro Mar 22, 2013 @ 8:09am 
What ever happened to the concept of giving the people that are helping you develop a game a free copy of the game? Hello? These people are helping you!

That is something big developers, with the backing of a publisher, can do.

These are indi developers why have a very limited budget. Many tend to work part time while working a full time job, untill the project gets off the ground. Selling a game in the alpha/beta stage allows them to focus more on making the game. They can't afford to give copies away, and any money they make after the game is released will most likely all go into making another game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:00am