I have the feeling prices were better before
I am on Steam since 2010. For me, years 2010 et 2011 were amazing regarding sales. But now, i have the feeling lots of sales are not that competitive. Resellers like Green man Gaming have better prices, and indie bundles spare you a lot of money.The latest Halloween Bundle wqas a bit average.

Note, its not really a complaint, but i have the feeling Steam isnt the leader of the good deals, during summer sales i didnt buy a single game, because i knew i could find better on gmg/amazon/etc.

Gmg offers free games sometimes, amazon can have huge game packs...

Steam Staff, what is your answer to this?
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 31 komentarzy
Lostedge 4 listopada 2013 o 6:32 
The number of games people have in steam has grown significantly since 2010. People do not like to spread their games to several DRM platforms for example Origin. Have you seen how much hate Origin gets just because their game distribution platform came after Steam?

Steam has barely any competition. In such situation they want to maximize profits, instead of giving free games and better deals than some minor underdogs.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Lostedge; 4 listopada 2013 o 6:33
Epi 4 listopada 2013 o 7:03 
Hm
ezwip 4 listopada 2013 o 7:15 
I shop around and find some sweet deals but I'm looking for Steam games. I still purchase from within the platform as well. I'm not sure how they get paid but if I'm trying to build my collection from within their environment I can only imagine that's a win for them. I got some Desura games in a bundle and that client has a long way to go. I've never tried Origin though maybe it's awesome. It's EA though so I am not going to touch it unless they somehow destroy Valve which seems unlikely.
Judds 4 listopada 2013 o 7:51 
true
Clypse 4 listopada 2013 o 8:03 
That's very much the opposite of how I feel about it. Summer Sale has been great for me. And since I bought so much stuff and have played so little, it has the effect that I rarely feel the need to buy any game on day one (or even year one) at all - Which also saves money ;)
But I'm sure it might be different if you don't look for mostly indie-ish games or AAA-stuff from about 2-3 years ago like I do.
Vic 4 listopada 2013 o 13:24 
There is basicly one rule on steam:
Don't buy if not on sale. If it is not on sale, wait two weeks, it will be. :viking:
I agree with Vaik :), but then there is also inflation. For example, the gas price has gone up $4 in the past decade. The prices of everything is going up, including games. :batsilo:
Insanity Claus 4 listopada 2013 o 16:35 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Hyperion:
Have you seen how much hate Origin gets just because their game distribution platform came after Steam?
I really wish people would stop this. It's not even remotely accurate. EA has had a digital content delivery service since 2005.

EA Downloader was launched in late 2005. It was replaced by EA Link in November 2006, adding trailers, demos and special content to the content delivery service. In September 2007, it was once again replaced by the combination of EA Store and EA Download Manager. Users purchase from the EA Store website and use the downloadable EADM client to download their games. Games bought via EA Link were downloadable using the EA Download Manager. The store and client was reopened under the Origin name on June 3, 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_(content_delivery)#History

As for sales, IMO they're basically the same. Most titles max out at 75% off and only a small select few do 80% or more.

I think it's more that, when Steam started doing these sales, it was rather uncanny to see so many big titles (some which were rather new to the market) have such drastic discounts. Over time, we've become accustomed to it so it no longer seems like a big deal. And the competition from Greenman Gaming and Amazon is directly due to them trying to compete against Steam's sales. If it wasn't fro Steam forcing their hand, I doubt most other digital retailers would ever bother with providing such deep discounts.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Insanity Claus; 4 listopada 2013 o 16:36
ezwip 4 listopada 2013 o 18:12 
I visit greenman all the time and I've never bought a single game there. I've never seen them beat a Steam sale price.
Cheechako 4 listopada 2013 o 18:29 
Początkowo opublikowane przez blockbuster45:
Steam Staff, what is your answer to this?

I think their answer is probably, "We really don't see any problem."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-worth-3-billion-report/1100-6365049/

(Old article, but still a valid theory.)
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Cheechako; 4 listopada 2013 o 18:30
TastyToast 4 listopada 2013 o 19:18 
the steam sales are still great, i buy games all over the place, but if a games on sale on steam for 70% off and i want it, im gonna buy it, better than waiting 6 months to see if someone else shaves 5% more off of it.
TastyToast 4 listopada 2013 o 19:19 
also why the heck doesnt amazon let you use paypal??? they miss out on my money because of that =/
Anon 4 listopada 2013 o 19:55 
Yes, the sales have been getting worse recently.
VoreoTheDragon 5 listopada 2013 o 0:29 
Sales getting worse. Its still a sale, be happy!
Patrick 5 listopada 2013 o 3:16 
Prices also fall faster outside steam...
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 31 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Data napisania: 4 listopada 2013 o 5:37