This topic has been locked
Valve is getting lazy....I hate to say it...but its truth
Now lets get one thing straight....I love Valve, as a developer, and the company behind steam, they do quality work

But between this lazy auction event (and how bad they screwed it up day one as well), the lack of rewards associated with winter cards (how to minimize your own profits, good work valve), the TF2 cutting of content for the recent update and the "duck hunt", the DOTA 2 rework and lack of two events (actually liked the paid event, but most didn't share in this), and lastly the pure disrespect for the CSGO community through the "Operations" and blind eye to inherit problems.

I know the new Source Engine is coming, but that is no excuse to have all of the above nor does it make it acceptable....

That being said Valve is still infinitely better than much of the competition, but its a slipperly slope...and this is winter after all.

:rrazz:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Xaelath Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:21pm 
Originally posted by DRUNK_CANADIAN:
Now lets get one thing straight....I love Valve, as a developer, and the company behind steam, they do quality work

But between this lazy auction event (and how bad they screwed it up day one as well), the lack of rewards associated with winter cards (how to minimize your own profits, good work valve), the TF2 cutting of content for the recent update and the "duck hunt", the DOTA 2 rework and lack of two events (actually liked the paid event, but most didn't share in this), and lastly the pure disrespect for the CSGO community through the "Operations" and blind eye to inherit problems.

I know the new Source Engine is coming, but that is no excuse to have all of the above nor does it make it acceptable....

That being said Valve is still infinitely better than much of the competition, but its a slipperly slope...and this is winter after all.

:rrazz:
yep almost all of FTP game doesnt have a good event. (DOTA 2, more update, more items! meh)
i think they were waiting for Bloom.

Auction event is just bad,Terribad indeed.
Last edited by Xaelath; Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:22pm
Satoru Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:23pm 
I'm unclear how creating the infrastructure to convert cards to gems then have a totally new auction system in place for millions of users is "lazy". Sorry are you able to bang something out like that on a weekend bender?

You seem to be equating "things I don't like" with "lazy". One has nothing to do with the other.
Last edited by Satoru; Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:24pm
deezus Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:24pm 
It probably isn't worth all of the time, money, and effort to develop the events that the average Steam user goes on to the forums to complain about how bad they are.
Lou Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:34pm 
As long as the "Booster Pack Creator" stays I'm happy, agreed the auction was a pile of ♥♥♥♥ really. I liked the free items and stuff you could get last year but I suppose for someone like me who spams badge making having 4 of the same backgrounds all worth 0.04p each pisses me off but if I can destroy them and get Cards out of them its great. Annoys me the 1 pack per day cap though...
Xaelath Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:46pm 
Originally posted by :
As long as the "Booster Pack Creator" stays I'm happy, agreed the auction was a pile of ♥♥♥♥ really. I liked the free items and stuff you could get last year but I suppose for someone like me who spams badge making having 4 of the same backgrounds all worth 0.04p each pisses me off but if I can destroy them and get Cards out of them its great. Annoys me the 1 pack per day cap though...
still waiting to background,emot and card return to original price tho.
i want to collect some
Two Clicks Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:53pm 
I quite like the idea of the auction even if I doubt Ill ever bid. At least it gives ppl like me the opportunity to get rid of unwanted gumph.

That said I hope the value between using gems to construct boosters and buying them equalizes. Maybe my maths rusty but it cost 65p to buy enough gems to create a booster I get for less than a 1/3 of that price. Im sure that its more meant to be used for ppl dumping items but still...
DRUNK_CANADIAN Dec 18, 2014 @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by :

Its staying, also it does still help to get good ♥♥♥♥ from it.
Not Edna Dec 18, 2014 @ 3:27pm 
Originally posted by Jedi Clicks:
I quite like the idea of the auction even if I doubt Ill ever bid. At least it gives ppl like me the opportunity to get rid of unwanted gumph.

That said I hope the value between using gems to construct boosters and buying them equalizes. Maybe my maths rusty but it cost 65p to buy enough gems to create a booster I get for less than a 1/3 of that price. Im sure that its more meant to be used for ppl dumping items but still...

most games sold for about 75% off their price anyway if you were to buy gems from the market.You rather go buy them from the store ...less BS to go through.
Smiths Chips Dec 18, 2014 @ 3:27pm 
Steam IS getting lazy - you are right there! They have been trending that way since more competition from other gaming companies became more viable (Ubisoft, Origin, Beamdog etc.) to buy from. There are currently NO ubisoft titles on sale (which sucks because they are all the new titles like Assassins Creed Unity, The Crew and Farcry 4 and the same goes for a lot of other games. Currently, CDkeys Warehouse has every title accross all platforms (not just PC) listed as cheaper than any steam product (the 3 titles just listed above are all under $50 - which is a savings of +$25).

Steam make their money off crappy indie devs and the indie market that follows them - this is the only area where steam is currently worth buying through.

Good luck finding games that are cheap and worth your time playing - for me the only decent game thats been released this year (other than the buggy-as-♥♥♥♥ Assasssins Creed Unity) is Wasteland 2. I'm hoping that the Witcher 3 isnt a let down (im quite optermistic it wont be!). Happy holidays!
DRUNK_CANADIAN Dec 18, 2014 @ 6:46pm 
Originally posted by Smiths Chips:
Steam IS getting lazy - you are right there! They have been trending that way since more competition from other gaming companies became more viable (Ubisoft, Origin, Beamdog etc.) to buy from. There are currently NO ubisoft titles on sale (which sucks because they are all the new titles like Assassins Creed Unity, The Crew and Farcry 4 and the same goes for a lot of other games. Currently, CDkeys Warehouse has every title accross all platforms (not just PC) listed as cheaper than any steam product (the 3 titles just listed above are all under $50 - which is a savings of +$25).

Steam make their money off crappy indie devs and the indie market that follows them - this is the only area where steam is currently worth buying through.

Good luck finding games that are cheap and worth your time playing - for me the only decent game thats been released this year (other than the buggy-as-♥♥♥♥ Assasssins Creed Unity) is Wasteland 2. I'm hoping that the Witcher 3 isnt a let down (im quite optermistic it wont be!). Happy holidays!

Now lets not go crazy and say Uplay and Origin are viable alternatives....both are garbage by comparison.
Spawn of Totoro Dec 18, 2014 @ 6:50pm 
Originally posted by Smiths Chips:
SThere are currently NO ubisoft titles on sale (which sucks because they are all the new titles like Assassins Creed Unity, The Crew and Farcry 4 and the same goes for a lot of other games.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Ubisoft

There are many Ubisoft titles on Sale. Those few that you stated are new releases and developers rarely allow their new releases on Steam to go on sale so soon after their release.
KAKAROTO- Dec 18, 2014 @ 7:13pm 
It is getting lazy since dota2 came out:d2antimage:
ovecka Dec 19, 2014 @ 6:56am 
I don't think you are right. I think that somewhere in the dark Valve is preparing Portal 3 or TF 3 or H-L 3...
very disapointing all round
DRUNK_CANADIAN Dec 19, 2014 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by Ovečka |CG| "Veselé Vánoce!":
I don't think you are right. I think that somewhere in the dark Valve is preparing Portal 3 or TF 3 or H-L 3...

Half life 3 might actually be a distinct possibility...not that they would actually call it Half Life 3.

It would be like half life 2: The Second Era or something.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 18, 2014 @ 2:15pm