Can't buy a game and add it to my gift collection for later?
I usually buy games here when they're on sale and store them for later gifts. I don't usually know who needs the gift right away.

Sometimes I hear a mate longing for a game I got stashed. Sometimes I gift them to people when they're sad, cheering them up! To this day I think I've provided like.. Ten people with Terraria. xD

But can't see that option anywhere when buying now? It's just a straight gift-to-person option and nothing else?

Please help.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
laszlozoltan Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:33pm 
yup here too- birthdays etc. buy it now, give it later on my kids birthday- no point in buying now because it is not the right time
Black Blade Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:34pm 
Ya sorry guys gift change
You can only directly give, but you can set the date for it to be given:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159
StarKiller Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:36pm 
A way around this is to gift them to a friend you trust and then have them reject the gift, that way it's returned to you and you can store it and give it away later
Ogami Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by StarKiller:
A way around this is to gift them to a friend you trust and then have them reject the gift, that way it's returned to you and you can store it and give it away later

That is not true. Refused gifts get auto refunded to the payment method you used.

In the old system, a declined gift would sneak back into the giver's inventory and remain on their bill. Now, if a recipient already has the title, or just doesn't want it, they can click decline and the purchase is refunded directly to the gift giver.
Last edited by Ogami; Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:38pm
StarKiller Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:39pm 
Originally posted by Ogami:

That is not true. Refused gifts get auto refunded to the payment method you used.

Oh really? they must have fixed that, as I used this method just after the gifting change. Sorry I didn't mean to mislead anyone

As you sure that means the purchase is refunded, as opposed to just the gift?
Last edited by StarKiller; Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:40pm
Lord Humpington Jun 22, 2017 @ 1:18pm 
This is dumb.
StarKiller Jun 22, 2017 @ 5:25pm 
Originally posted by Lord Humpington:
This is dumb.

We users are our own worst enemies, blame those who buy games during sales to sell when the sale is over. It's our own fault we can't have nice things, because everytime we do, some of us find a way to exploit it, knowing it will eventually screw it up for everyone, but don't care as long as they can make a few bucks first
Start_Running Jun 22, 2017 @ 5:41pm 
Originally posted by Lord Humpington:
This is dumb.

We users are our own worst enemies, blame those who buy games during sales to sell when the sale is over. It's our own fault we can't have nice things, because everytime we do, some of us find a way to exploit it, knowing it will eventually screw it up for everyone, but don't care as long as they can make a few bucks first
Gamers. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ in the milk since forever.
StarKiller Jun 22, 2017 @ 5:55pm 
Originally posted by PIT_DEFENDER:
its gone because of some regional pricing issues, on Gog its the other way around they give you back the money but here well, prices all nice all over cant have everything ;p

Well that too, but my point still remains, people taking advantage of the system make things work for everyone.
laszlozoltan Jun 23, 2017 @ 12:07am 
I thought I stated my case fairly - but it seems to have gone overhead. This is not "exploitation" this is instead consumer choice - you have a sale ? ok, I'll buy more than one thank you- how I choose to make use of that product is entirely MY business. You got your money, so, you on your bike then.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 22, 2017 @ 11:37am