First and foremost, we’ve changed the name! In the coming weeks we will be transitioning over to Conquest: Heroes of Galandria. Thank you for all of the feedback and help in coming up with the new title!Improvements
Balance & Bug Fixes
- Matches now start with 2-3 units being pre-spawned. The goal is to speed up the early game which can be a bit slow, especially for new players. The logic under the hood tries to get as close to spending 30 gems as possible without going over 30 when it determines which units to pre-spawn. It will try to pick 3 units but will fall back to two if that is the best combination.
- Performance! We’ve made a ton of low level changes that have improved FPS on low end devices as well as memory consumption. This has opened the door to tablets which will in turn allow us to increase our player base dramatically.
- Today’s patch includes our price changes which are discussed here: Forum Post[forums.conquestofchampions.com]
- We tripled the Single Player content and added Boss Battles which are unique units specifically made for the campaigns.
- We’ve improved the AI by putting more of a focus on spawning units as well as additional instructions on many spells/abilities to help prevent it from making poor choices.
- You can now purchase new skins for Heroes you own by visiting your profile and clicking on the skins tab.
- The sidekick page has been overhauled to make it easier to send invites to your friends as it will include your referral username in the invite link and auto-populate the page when they register online.
- Fusion has been revamped so that units will upgrade differently depending on what type of unit they are. A tank may increase by DEF/HP while an attacker my increase with DMG buffs. There is a button above the fused cards that will show the breakdown.
Typically we’ve included bullet points for all of our changes here but in today’s case there are just too many to list. We haven’t been able to push for the past two months since we were overhauling low level code to make the game viable on the tablet. Typically we push builds every two weeks!
While working on the new campaigns, we made a lot of changes to improve the AI. It should be more effective and generally be smarter while being played against. Be sure to let us know of any weird things it is doing and let us know what you think of the new campaign missions.