Posted: February 28
- good game if you are a train enthusiast.
- intro video is neat
- i really cant say much. just too much wrong with this game
- game is very unpolished. things like the narration dialog boxes feel cheap and the additional hud controls seem like they can be so much better.
- train horns suck. you can hear the looping, which is dead obvious on certain engines, and it doesnt even play back as you intend most of the time.
- zoom mechanism is very shoddy when in 3rd person. if you 'ram' the camera down into the car behind the engine in focus, it'll push the camera location out and away. yet when you scroll, it basically crops and zooms the visible area of the camera without actually moving it TO the engine in focus.
- - not only 3rd person, but it really needs to be improved in general. it seems too constricted to pre-set areas. especially when going through tunnels and such.
- the headlights seem nearly ineffective. like the only thing it's doing is giving the engine a lit up look.
- and my biggest complaint: so much expensive DLC yet every one i've tried has an issue with it. things like a train coming at you head on whenever you get to a certain point, with no way to avoid it or complete the scenario. or improperly set timings. or random unmarked speed zones which slaughter your points, forcing you to restart if you want to make gold. or any metal for that matter.
- objectives seem unclear or confusing at times
- just general bugs, inconsistencies, problems, unpolish.
dont buy this game unless you mind the bugs, unpolish, and are willing to research good packs that dont have any issues.
OTHER THOUGHTS: most companies release software (not just games) on a 2 step cycle: new features, then bug fixes. they push out new features one update, then fix all the bugs the next. rinse and repeat. this company fails to do so. they're more worried about pushing out content as fast as possible than they are about giving us a quality game. its a shame this is the best train sim that's out there. sure, they updated to *better* menus and looks a few times. but its still confusing to navigate. it took me forever to find the community content section within the game, and i wouldnt be able to remember off hand from not playing it for a while.
BEST SOLUTION: redo the whole damn game. and dont come out with any more DLC until you do. and work on fixing and testing the DLC (yeah, its a lot. which is why you shouldve been doing this in the first place). game test a lot and think "how can i make this better?" "would i personally play and enjoy this?" "would this be easy for everyone? or just me?"
PS: i dont mean for this to sound negative. i genuinely do want this game to get better. but if they keep going their same path, it never will and itll just get worse and worse.