Tetrobot and Co. - Technical Support/FAQ
Hello IT! Have you tried turning it off and on again?
If you are here, it's surely because you encountered some issue with the game. Keep calm and read this thread!
This thread is here to centralize the common issue, so that you will get back your Tetrobot working in no time!
Please use this thread if you encountered something weird in the game!
To begin with, here is a little FAQ:
1. Where are my saves? I love to backup my saves!
Well, the Steam Cloud should backup it for you, but in case of emergency, here are the path:* Windows 8/7/Vista:
"<Users>\<user name>\Saved Games\Tetrobot and Co\tetrobot.sav"
"C:\Users\Markus Pajitnov\Saved Games\Tetrobot and Co\tetrobot.sav"* Windows XP:
"<My Documents>\My Games\Tetrobot and Co\tetrobot.sav"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Markus Pajitnov\My Documents\My Games\Tetrobot and Co\tetrobot.sav"* MacOS:
"~/Library/Caches/Swing Swing Submarine/Tetrobot and Co/tetrobot.sav"* Linux:
~/.config/unity3d/swingswingsubmarine/tetrobot and co/tetrobot.sav
2. The achievement/Cloud is not working?!
Try to restart your Steam Client!
If you are using MacOS, we have a software issue with the connection, but hopefully by the time you read this it will be fixed!
3. Is there a list of known issues?
Here it is!
Keep in mind that a 'normal' session should not suffer from any bug. BUT, it can happens.
For now, a lot of known bug are due to the rewind feature in the game.* When rewinding, sometimes, the robot just disappears from the screen!
Should be fixed in 1.0.2!* Sometimes, when entering a level, the user interface just disappear!
That's a lot of 'disappearing' stuff in this game!
For now there is no option than finishing the level not using those buttons (you can use the 'U' key to undo). If you want to restart the level, or going back to the chapter selection, you can press 'Escape' key to open the inventory! There will be the 'Retry'/'Exit level' buttons in there.* My Steam Achievements are not unlocking, why?!
It's possible that some Steam achievements are not well pinged. We are fixing that. You'll have to perform those achievements again when fixed :/ But you're an experimented Tetrobot repairer, right?
4. Where can I find the log file to help you figure out what is my issue?
We are using an engine that log a file at a specific localion, you can send it to us at 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
The file is located here:* Windows
It's a "output_log.txt" file located in the "Data" folder next to the Tetrobot and Co.exe.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tetrobot and Co\Data\output_log.txt"* Mac
A file "Player.log" situated in the "~/Library/Logs/Unity/" folder* Linux
A file "Player.log" situated in "~/.config/unity3d/Swing Swing Submarine/Tetrobot and Co"
Please sent it us this file and a quick description of what's was happening on screen and we will reach you back!
5. Can I participate to this thread?
Yes! You are more than welcomed!
If you encounter and issue, please let us know by giving as much detail as you can (your configuration, including the OS, the input used, your screen resolution, the version of the game, the level where the accident occurred)!
If you have no problem but you know the answers, feel free to participate too!
6. The Game is not launching in fullscreen (white screen, freezing splashscreen, etc). What should I do?
Since version 1.0.2, you can give a launch option to the game so that it can start in windowed mode with Low quality level.
To do so:
- Right click the game in your Game Library
- Choose Properties
- In the General tab, choose "define starting options"
- In the field that will pop in a new window, insert "-safe" (without the quotes) and press OK
- This will launch the game in windowed mode. The default window is 1024x768
- To specify a window size, add the "-screen-width" and -screen-height" argument
- Example of custom safe mode launcher: "-safe -screen-width 800 -screen-height 600"
- When the game successfully launch, you can tweak stuff in the options
- Don't forget to remove the starting options when you are done, else the game will reset your settings each time you launch it!
7. The Game is not showing any graphics on Ubuntu or has VSync issue, what should I do?
The issue is due to the Compiz compositor that Ubuntu Unity uses.
In CompizConfig Settings Manager, in General/Composite plugin settings,
Unredirect Fullscreen Windows needs to be enabled and
| title=Tetrobot and Co
needs to be added to Unredirect Match.Thanks Mark for reporting that point!
8. Where is the 25% off permanent loyalty discount?
Several Blocks That Matter owners reported us that the "25% off on Tetrobot and Co. for Blocks That Matter owners" loyalty discount was not working!
After contacting Valve, it appears that they've dropped this kind of discount. Quote:
"The loyalty discount was removed at the start of the Summer Sale, as it would have conflicted with the other discounts. Unfortunately, the tagline was in a separate system, and was not removed as part of this process.
We’ve moved away from indefinite loyalty discounts, as we stopped seeing the benefits after a few weeks, and complications like this would undoubtedly arise. I would recommend against reinstating this discount, and continuing to use weeklong sales to help promote the game."
We will try to keep the Known issue and the list up to date!
The 5 of us here at Swing Swing Submarine would like to thank you for your time and patience!