Posted: February 25
It's a nice turn based strategy game with much, much depth and a lot of cards (runes) to collect.
IMO, the best part is the fact that you're able to create your own battlegroup to play, tweaking a little bit your champions to better fit into your strategy; and be lucky and earn those expensive runes that everybody wants into packs. But this takes a good amount of time if you're going 100% free to play. So, or you will invest your time or your money in the game to make the cool stuff, this way, I can only recommend this game for those that like the genre and are willing to do one or another, or for those that are so casual to the point that will be happy playing with premade battlegroups (some are really competitive) until be able to create your own battlegroup.
This game is running for a long time now, so, there is a lot of players that can pass over new players as if they are nothing because they have much better runes or because they developed really good strategies.
The greater cons of this game for me are the fact that sometimes appears updates that nerfs so much some runes that they become useless and that you may spend a really good amount of time just trying to find a PVP match.
If you want to play for free, here is a little list of what you can do in a way that may give you a notion of how much time you will spend to earn cool things in this game:
- you can earn common, uncommon and rare runes pretty easy and exotic or legendary if you're lucky;
- you can destroy useless runes for points to forge new ones;
- you can get old runes by winning certain matches, some of those runes are really good, others, really bad - these runes are worth 1, 2, 10, 40 and 60 points in the forge, according to their rarity, if you wanna to destroy them to earn points. There are newer runes that will give 2, 5, 25, 120, 240 points in the forge when destroyed. While will cost 5, 10, 12, 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 and 720 to be made, according to their rarity;
- you can forge and destroy pretty much any rune, except: limited runes and runes from the last expansion;
- you can win gold in the end of each match. This game uses a time/difficulty reward system that will give you up to 300 base gold for the match (10 gold per min in the hardest lvl), what is like a 30 min match in expert mode (it's a rewarding system that will not reward your skills, because there are matches that you may spend more than 30 min and will get the limit of 300 gold and others that you will finish in 5 min and will win 50 gold) and some extra small amounts of gold for some achievements during the battle, like playing a match where each side loses 20 champions;
- you can earn extra gold with the daily missions, will be more than 1500 gold per day if you complete all missions - and I think that there is a limit of 10k gold that you can earn per day;
- you can purchase packs that costs 2100 (not worthy) and 3510 gold (or use real money), but packs from the last expansion only can be purchased using money. Anyway, you can get runes from the last expansion through trading. Packs that you can buy with gold has a 10% chance to come with an exotic rune and 5% chance to come with a legendary rune;
- you can purchase boxes with 10 packs that costs 19440 (not worthy, IMO) and 31950 gold (or using real money) - by buying these is guaranteed that one pack will come with an exotic rune;
- you can try to trade runes with other players. The "try" is there because it's difficult to appear in the trade runes that are below the exotic rarity for you to make an offer and it is even more difficult to get offers for rare, uncommon and common runes that you put, unless they are the top tier of their rarity; and
- you can use poxbox.net
to trade with an online store. It uses a points balance system and have some limitations towards the amount and rarity of runes you trade in and out. Anyway, it will accept pretty much anything that you send to the store and you can get what they have in stock using the points that you have, but stay aware that in the points proportion, the house will always win - they use a system that gives you a notion of the demand/importance of each rune, so you can use it to see if the trade that you're doing with another player is worth, also is interesting that the points for each runes changes per minute, according to their demand and quantity in stock, so, it is like the stock exchange.