Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator

HeroQuest: Master Edition (All Expansions)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Cebi  [developer] Mar 18, 2018 @ 4:01am
[Tutorial] How to play Hero Quest Solo: HQGM
A program has been made by the dedicated Hero Quest community of the YeOldeInn which allows the players who have no friends to play Hero Quest against an AI GM.

A video by Wizard Wilson Games explains how it works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tLXXla16I
Note: It does require an external program, I have personally scanned it with AVIRA and AVAST for viruses and it is completely clean.

How to Install:
  1. Go to Agins Inn at YeOldeInn[aginsinn.yeoldeinn.com]
  2. Navigate to Game Master (bottom option)
  3. Go to HQGM download and download HQGM v2.6
  4. Then go to Quest Packs and download the quests you want (Or press ALL QUESTS BELOW to get all of them)
  5. Once downloaded, right click hqgm2_6.exe and run as administrator (important)
  6. You choose where to install it and install (best keep a note of where its installed)
  7. Finally, extract ALL_Quests.zip or whatever quests you have installed into the HeroQuest Gm Quests folder (Hero Quest GM\Quests)
  8. There you go! To get a detailed instruction of its functionality go to Instructions on the Agnis Inn HQGM page

Enjoy!

P.S. You can make make your own levels and edit in some of the custom maps to the program. I will be looking into maybe making a folder of some of these maps in the future.
Last edited by Cebi; Mar 18, 2018 @ 4:08am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
SE@L Mar 18, 2018 @ 11:54am 
Hey Cebi,
Mr Wizard Wilson Here..

When installing it on newer operating systems you may get the error message.
"cant create the following file: Caxton bold.$$t"

Right click on the hqgm2_6.exe launcher, click compatability mode and selct windows XP service pack 3.
It should then install without any errors, if this is not the case then try different compatability modes.
Emily Mewens  [developer] Apr 10, 2018 @ 7:24pm 
I got it to stop making that error, instead it just freezes and does nothing when trying to create Caxton bold.ttf. Ive tried several other compatibility modes, doing it with and without admin.. nothing seems to be working D: Im on windows 7

EDIT: Nvm, had to restart pc, and now it works :V
Last edited by Emily Mewens; Apr 10, 2018 @ 8:30pm
Romp Jan 9, 2019 @ 12:52am 
Originally posted by Emily Mewens:
I got it to stop making that error, instead it just freezes and does nothing when trying to create Caxton bold.ttf. Ive tried several other compatibility modes, doing it with and without admin.. nothing seems to be working D: Im on windows 7

Hi Emily .. i've just downloaded the program and i am running into the exact same issue. Even after rebooting my windows 10 machine the program just freeses at the Caxton bold.ttf .. any suggestions?? I really want to use your program! .. cheers!
Emily Mewens  [developer] Jan 9, 2019 @ 12:48pm 
Originally posted by Romp:

Hi Emily .. i've just downloaded the program and i am running into the exact same issue. Even after rebooting my windows 10 machine the program just freeses at the Caxton bold.ttf .. any suggestions?? I really want to use your program! .. cheers!
did you install the caxton bold font?
Romp Jan 9, 2019 @ 4:35pm 
No .. If I download the font in which directory should it reside? Your installer shows c:\windows.... and then truncates so not sure where to put the download of the font ... thanks!

Originally posted by Romp:
did you install the caxton bold font?
Cebi  [developer] Jan 9, 2019 @ 4:52pm 
I think if you just double click the font file, it should automatically open up the normal font installer for windows and you just install it that way.
Last edited by Cebi; Jan 9, 2019 @ 4:52pm
Romp Jan 9, 2019 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Cebi:
I think if you just double click the font file, it should automatically open up the normal font installer for windows and you just install it that way.
Hi Cebi Thanks .. I have installed the only font i can find and it is names Caxton-Bold.ttf .. When I look at your installer it seems to be looking for the file names Caxton Bold.ttf .. i.e. no "dash between the words. I tried to rename the file but windows changes it back to Caxton-Bold.ttf when you install it in the fonts directory .. could this be the problem? If so could you check the property name of you Caxton font and what exactly is the name your program installer is expecting .. cheers!
Cebi  [developer] Jan 10, 2019 @ 8:57am 
I have no clue, I cannot replicate this error.

Make sure you installed the font by going to Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Fonts and finding Caxton Bk BT.

Also make sure to run as Administrator as it will need access to your fonts folder and if you have security that is overriding access, it won't be able to detect it.

It shoud not matter that it's named Caxton-Bold either.

Also follow the instructions on the video and since you are running windows 10, right click the launcher and make sure it's on XP Compatibility mode.

Any other issues, I would take it up with Agin's Inn staff or even maybe redownload the file (sometimes files can corrupt when downloaded when small interruptions in the download happen).
Emily Mewens  [developer] Jan 14, 2019 @ 5:05pm 
out of curiosity what windows OS are you using?
Romp Jan 14, 2019 @ 5:09pm 
Hi Cebi. Unfortunately I have not had any further success. I hav efollowed all instructions as you and others have outlined. Install the Caxton BT font, it shows installed, set the installer to compatibility mode (have tried all modes) and it just freezes when it hits the Caxton step. I am using Windows 10. I run the installer in admin mode... cheers
Emily Mewens  [developer] Jan 14, 2019 @ 6:20pm 
Windows 10
Unzip the folder containing the fonts first. Fonts cannot be installed if they are zipped.
Right click on the font file and select Install.
OR

Search for Fonts in the search box by the start menu.
Click on the Fonts (Control Panel) link to open the Fonts Manager
Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste the unzipped fonts into the Fonts Manager to install.

-----

Try this. its on a google search i made for this stuff xD
Romp Jan 14, 2019 @ 8:10pm 
Hi Emily, Thanks .. yes I have done the steps you outlined previously. The font is installed correctly as I am able to use it in other applications. The fact that others have had the same issue seems to lean towards something not correctly setup in the installer for HQ. I have tried again this morning by uninstalling, then reinstalling everything .. the issue still persists. I would pull more hair out if I had any ;) .. all the best!
Emily Mewens  [developer] Jan 15, 2019 @ 2:44am 
https://www.fontpalace.com/font-download/Caxton-Bold/
have you downloaded this one then?
Romp Jan 16, 2019 @ 5:34pm 
Hi Emily, Thanks for the link. I have downloaded and installed the font as per your instructions. I have checked and the font is properly installed. I then run the HQ installer program in admin and compatibility mode but alas it still freezes. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. There is obviously some issue with the installer with my computer setup. Once again thanks for the help!
paulyd83 Apr 9, 2019 @ 4:55pm 
Question: What about other fan-made or unofficial quests? Do you have to input all those using the editing feature of the HQGM?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50