Torchlight II

Torchlight II

Inventory Upgrade
steffire3 Jan 14, 2018 @ 1:03am
Possible Bug: Missing Inventory?
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/18446744073709551615/3277925755438769189/?appid=200710

= = =

Originally posted by ThunderMonkey:
This mod here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850087641&searchtext=inventory

I'm late to Torchlight 2, as I just recently subbed to Origin Access and tried it out, love the game. The non-Steam mods are severely limited, so started downloading Steam mods using some of the Steam-mod downloaders/scripts.

Anywho, there's no warning on the mod that I could see about this... but since I don't own the game via Steam, I'm unable to post about this there.

I added the mod to my others (none of which effect inventory), and only using 10 mods (as I don't feel like putting in the hassle to do mod-merging)... entered the game (single-player), and everything in my inventory (minus equips thank goodness) is gone (including all consumables like tons of healing potions, mana potions, rejuvenation potions, fish, etc)... same with all items in my stash... including some nice orange items I had found and was hanging on to to tinker with later on. Exited the game quickly, unchecked mod, loaded back in, and items were still gone.

Would have assumed the mod would have been smart enough to sort the current inventory items into the new tabs... which, btw, the new tabs do appear and work, so that's a plus... but would be nice if it had a warning on it that says, "Your inventory will vanish". Which you can't even save in your stash, because that wipes too. Only inventory that didn't wipe is the pet inventory, but can only store so much in the pet inventory.

PS - And yeah, this is why they say you should backup your saves... but seeings I just started the game last night, and am only level 16 or 17 now, figured what could go wrong at such a low level... well... hrm -- :steamfacepalm: :steamsad:
Last edited by steffire3; Jan 14, 2018 @ 1:12am
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
eudaimonia  [developer] Dec 12, 2018 @ 11:18am 
I found this almost a year later :)
I wrote so many notes and steps in description to prevent this from happening.
But there are always people who don't read.
Last edited by eudaimonia; Dec 12, 2018 @ 11:21am
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50