ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Primal Fear
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
NLBlackEagle May 15, 2018 @ 12:11pm
Primal Fear Custom Spawn Configurator [v1.91]
Hello everyone, I have spend over 30 hours to boost my excel skills and decided to create a tool to simplify adding/changing or creating new spawns.

Small Description

This Excel sheet functions as both script and database where you can put raw data in and pull entire spawnstrings out. It's current main features are;

- Adjust dino spawn entries..
- Adjust Max & Min level per dino spawn entry.
- Adjust spawn priority and percentage.

These 3 functions above could mean: Have an army of level 1 dragons spawn over redwood forest and one level 10000 origin in the caverns. At the link below you can find the balanced version of this explaination ;)

https://www.dregora.com/ark-map-spawner-override-tool/
- NOTE - If it does not load correctly press CTRL + F5

Current maps supported
Ragnarok
Island
Crystal isles [] Suggestion by: @thomasgbrittan

Maps I wont support:
Amissa & Volcano - Because they "rudely" refused to provide info.

Features & Updates

Originally posted by Version 1.0 Release Date: 5/15/18:
- Ragnarok SpawnEntries Added
- Customize SpawnWeight
- Customize SpawnMaxPercentage
- Tiers ( Adjust SpawnControl for entire groups )
- Like: MOD = 1.3 1.5 Result = Dino_MOD_C 1.3 1.5
- Compatible with ALL Mods!
- No Hassle, never copy/paste 1000's times anymore.

Originally posted by Version 1.1 Release Date: 5/20/18:
- Added usefull links. ( Explaination )

Originally posted by Version 1.2 Release Date: 5/15/18:
- Min & Max Spawn Level Control
- Set Spawn Level Control
- 100 Dino Entries per SpawnEntry
- Reworked Sheet Style
- Added Features List
- Added Changelog

Originally posted by Version 1.3 Release Date: 5/24/18:
- Added IslandSpawns
- Fixed issue with active & empty cells.
- Fixed issue with Min & Max levels.
- Added Defaults ( So levels are optional )

Originally posted by Version 1.4 Release Date: 5/24/18:
- Fixed 2 broken functions & a couple of typo's
- thorougly inspected for bugs and solved when found.

Originally posted by Version 1.5 Release Date: 4/6/18:
- Add Crystal Isles Overrideconfig
- Split tool into 3 tools ( Ragnarok, Island & Crystal isles )
- Zipped the tool

Originally posted by Version 1.6 Release Date: 11/6/18:
- Added EvilSpineyLizard_Character_BP_C
- Added Scorched Earth ( 100% Pre-defined )
- Added Amissa ( Not completed due to lack of SpawnEntries )

Originally posted by Version 1.7 Release Date: 12/6/18:
- added CaveSpawn Level Multipliers.
- added Add/Remove/Override options for mapspawners.
- Made a couple of changes on the island default spawns.

Originally posted by Version 1.8 Release Date: 2/8/19:
- Fix the darn wonky spawning on all maps ( Double check if I missed a multiplier somewhere )

Originally posted by Version 1.9 Release Date: 5/8/19:
- Cleanup config ( remove excess code )
- Redone Island, Scorched Earth & Ragnarok
- Rebalanced all tiers & tested working.
- Added special spawn entry for Ragnarok including ALL dino's from ALL primal expansions.
- Added all dino's supposed to spawn in natural for Ragnarok, SE and the Island
- Prepared a LOT of work for the following maps:
Valguero
Extinction
Abberation
Crystal isles
Olympus

Originally posted by Version 1.91 Release Date: 5/8/19:
- Fixed double spawn entry in ragnarok extended and ragnarok default spawnconfigs.
- Fixed a issue where PFBosses wouldnt be recogniced causing the entire spawnstring to fail. ( thank Roflmahwafflz for finding this issue! )

Originally posted by Version 2.0 Release Date: UPCOMING:
- Make spawnconfigs for following maps:
Valguero
Extinction
Abberation
Crystal isles
Olympus

If you do not understand a thing about this config or would like to suggest a mod/map do not hesistate to ask. I will try my best to make this tool as complete as possible but with your help by reporting bugs and making suggestions this will become way more easy for me to do.

Last edited by NLBlackEagle; Aug 12, 2019 @ 1:00pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 110 comments
thomasgbrittan May 28, 2018 @ 5:27pm 
Howdy, not sure I understand the new spreadsheet, but am trying to add your wonderful Primal Fear animals to my Crystal Isles map with a slightly higher spawn rate. What do I do?
nomorebolts May 28, 2018 @ 5:42pm 
Thank you for existing and creating this amazing mod.
NLBlackEagle May 31, 2018 @ 9:00am 
Originally posted by thomasgbrittan:
Howdy, not sure I understand the new spreadsheet, but am trying to add your wonderful Primal Fear animals to my Crystal Isles map with a slightly higher spawn rate. What do I do?

Hang back and relax, let me do the work ;) Feel free to buy me a coffee though haha. I currently have a couple things on my to do list but once that is done I will add the spawnconfig for Crystal isles & maybe split the tool into 3 tools. ( One for each map ) Once i am done you can simply add the dino's to the different A_Crystal_Isles_SpawnEntry_c( It wont have pre-defined spawns, so you will need to fill in the whatever_dino_character_c

Originally posted by nomorebolts:
Thank you for existing and creating this amazing mod.

All kudo's to Pikkon, he inspired me to create this. As far as I know this is the best mod if you value the ability to balance the game while adding enhanced creatures :)
Last edited by NLBlackEagle; May 31, 2018 @ 9:06am
Bus Jun 4, 2018 @ 4:34am 
Can make this compatible with Anzah?
NLBlackEagle Jun 4, 2018 @ 7:24am 
Originally posted by SIKE! Thats the wrong numba!!!!:
Can make this compatible with Anzah?

Could you provide me with the spawnentries for the map? ( It should be somewhere within the mod folders and looks like DinoSpawnEntries_SOMESPAWN_C I need all of them to add them to the config, then after that is done you need to add the dino's. )

[UPDATE]
I have requested the mapspawnentries for the map. I'll put the spawnentries in the config and upload it under V1.6 Probably together with a bunch of other maps. If you want/need it fast I do suggest to look for the needed names like pointed out in my earlier reply

Originally posted by thomasgbrittan:

Added the Crystal Isles spawnentries :) You can start adding dino's now. ( I would greatly appericiate it if you share your spawnentries with us to save others even more time )

Last edited by NLBlackEagle; Jun 4, 2018 @ 8:40am
cefyru Jun 11, 2018 @ 9:18am 
hi and thank you for your tool, please, can you tell me how to use the crystal isles xlsx ?
TheChetu Jun 11, 2018 @ 1:25pm 
This tool is great but the output is broken. The default Ragnarok strings come out with most of the NPCToSpawnStrings as:
("MalinPtero_Character_BP_C)
Meaning it is missing the second quotation mark before the closing parenthesis.
When trying to load up the server with a direct copy from the excel sheet or the default strings from the website it throws a ton of "Bad quoted string" errors.
Last edited by TheChetu; Jun 11, 2018 @ 1:26pm
NLBlackEagle Jun 12, 2018 @ 12:36pm 
Originally posted by TheChetu:
This tool is great but the output is broken. The default Ragnarok strings come out with most of the NPCToSpawnStrings as:
When trying to load up the server with a direct copy from the excel sheet or the default strings from the website it throws a ton of "Bad quoted string" errors.

Thanks a lot for posting this issue. I have just released version v1.7 in whic this issue has been fixed. I also added in the following features:

- Settings to adjust the Add/Override/Substract of the spawnentries globally
- CaveSpawnMultipliers ( Now also default higher levels in dungeons, still need live testing but will definitly be higher then they where used to in caves ) Configurable at the bottom of the page

Then, the bad quoted strings are even happening when the spawnconfig is working correctly. I currently just ignore them. The only annoyance is that they fill up the log files. I may be able to fix this in the future since I have reasons to believe that ARK does not like partial use of their spawn properties and trow errors because it wants you to use the full package.

It is like you create a rex, put teeth on it, muscle, movement, animations, upload it to arks after which arks starts complaining because you forgot to add a function where the rex has the ability to fart ;)

Thanks for using the tool, if you have anything to add feel free to do so :)

Last edited by NLBlackEagle; Jun 12, 2018 @ 12:36pm
cefyru Jun 12, 2018 @ 11:41pm 
Hiya,

For crystal isles, the Crystal SpawnConfig - COPY and Crystal SpawnConfig 2 - COPY cells are blank. Do you need some info a user of the mod can get to make all that great stuff work ?

NLBlackEagle Jun 13, 2018 @ 10:30am 
Originally posted by TheChetu:

Hoorayz, seems like the bad quoted strings issue is fixed aswell :D

Originally posted by cefyru:
Hiya,

For crystal isles, the Crystal SpawnConfig - COPY and Crystal SpawnConfig 2 - COPY cells are blank. Do you need some info a user of the mod can get to make all that great stuff work ?

Currently there are only 2 maps which have filled cells in them, this is because it takes me extremely long ( 1-2 weeks ) to configure it to the point where everything spawns perfectly balanced. And this is on maps where I play often so have time to do a map-sweep and improve any imperfect spawns.

So, I hope you'll understand I wont ( yet ) do this myself and it is in any case probably better to experiment yourself. All you need to do is add in the dino's where you want them to spawn :)

That being said. I have a hardcore no riding dino's map where higher dino's and better loot spawns and have been switching back and forth between a lot of maps. Back when I tried crystal isles the mapspawnoverrides didnt work properly so there is a very good chance that I will try it again and invest some serious time into making it all work.

If the video-guide on the website or in the excel file isnt clear enough let me know and I will do my best to explain it :)

NLBlackEagle Jun 13, 2018 @ 12:27pm 
General Announcement:

The current build v1.7 has some overspawning issues at specially the river surrounding redwood. Can anyone confirm this? If you suddently have the same issue it has to do something with the spawnconfig.

It may be because all the spawnconfigs are working 100% properly now and I just need to decrease the spawning a bit
Nihlus Jun 13, 2018 @ 5:47pm 
I am having bit of an overspawning issue with Primal Megalodons on Ragnarok, but everything else seems to be fine.
cefyru Jun 13, 2018 @ 11:08pm 
@NLBlackEagle

Thanks for your answer !
NLBlackEagle Jun 14, 2018 @ 4:40pm 
Originally posted by cefyru:
@NLBlackEagle

Thanks for your answer !

Your welcome :D

Originally posted by Nihlus:
I am having bit of an overspawning issue with Primal Megalodons on Ragnarok, but everything else seems to be fine.

Good to hear :) I will add in a line specially for primal megalodons next patch so that they spawn a bit less.

I will do the same for the Island on the specific creatures I think spawn too few/often.

[General]

Overspawning was caused by a faulty spawnstring in the past which has been fixed so more creatures spawn. I am currently finetuning this and soon will have perfect spawns.

[]
Adjust / add loot to primal fear dino's ( simplified with quality, quantity & weight )
Last edited by NLBlackEagle; Jun 15, 2018 @ 7:31pm
SMooreAce (Banned) Jun 18, 2018 @ 6:34am 
As a map suggestion to be added... Skies of Nazca. Incredible map!! but when using modded dinos the spawns get REALLY screwed up! I hate the thought of having to totally rebuild the spawn pool. But it seems that the only real
solution.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 110 comments
Per page: 15 30 50