Turok
Brutal Turok
Snake Plissken  [developer] Dec 25, 2016 @ 2:19pm
Post your ideas here
If you have a idea no mater what it is, and you think it can make brutal Turok even better, please feel free to post them here and it would be my honor to read each and everyone of them, I like to reach out to the community and make them feel as part of brutal Turoks development as I feel. Thanks for any comments.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Δsshole™ Dec 27, 2016 @ 2:54pm 
Perhaps all the weapons could use revamped firing sounds to add to the brutality of their power.
Δsshole™ Dec 27, 2016 @ 3:42pm 
Couple other ideas:

-Increase the shotgun max ammo cap to 30, 60 with ammo pack
-Sniper rifle or Railgun (high damage, zoom, decapitates a target upon headshot, could use either shotshells, arrows, or plasma rounds as ammo)
-If possible, new ammo types for flamethrower and proposed sniper rifle/railgun.
JollyTrolly Dec 30, 2016 @ 9:39pm 
A lot of tuning to the audio would be nice, as i'm sure you're aware the Flamethrower is ear rape, and the chunks that fall off enemies and hit the ground don't sound right I think it would be better for those to be quieter or just not have sound at all. And the sound effects for fire in general is a bit too loud.
HexeR Jan 3, 2017 @ 1:58pm 
Aside from general polishing ideas, it would be neat to have gradual deterioration of enemies from weapons like the assault rifle or minigun, like, depending on how much damage those parts of their bodies recieve they disintegrate revealing their bones and what-not, sort of like how the Campaigner boss fight goes.
Extinctor Jan 10, 2017 @ 10:47am 
-the blood on the ground should stay
-The same blood spitters in humans as the beetles or lizards in caves
Snake Plissken  [developer] Jan 17, 2017 @ 10:38am 
Originally posted by Extinctor:
-the blood on the ground should stay
-The same blood spitters in humans as the beetles or lizards in caves

There should be a already in the main menu option to turn blood on off or green, I have not tested this green blood mode with brutal Turok. But I'll give it a shot and see what's doing. Take it from there... in the first version everything threw out green blood, by mistake, then in a 2nd release the leaders in caves and such threw out red blood. However adding a unquie death involving grunts spitting up green stuff as the involvement of a death by a perticular weapon being added, already is in the works.

Snake Plissken  [developer] Jan 17, 2017 @ 10:41am 
Originally posted by HexeR:
Aside from general polishing ideas, it would be neat to have gradual deterioration of enemies from weapons like the assault rifle or minigun, like, depending on how much damage those parts of their bodies recieve they disintegrate revealing their bones and what-not, sort of like how the Campaigner boss fight goes.
Hexed your a smart guy you hit the nail on the head. I been working on a minigun that rips away parts from enemys leaving them still alive. For exsample: firing the minigun at a grunt will ripp or shoot a body part off, depending on what body part is shot. The work involves a framework for body part detection, and further refines the, and builds on top of the, de-limping framework in the mod that in itself is also a work in progress. Polishing is needed and tho I want people to be aware that the agenda is adding features that are known to work once added, I am also going to do some deep polishing in preparation for the next update, or so.
Last edited by Snake Plissken; Jan 17, 2017 @ 10:48am
Snake Plissken  [developer] Jan 17, 2017 @ 10:57am 
Originally posted by JollyTrolly:
A lot of tuning to the audio would be nice, as i'm sure you're aware the Flamethrower is ear rape, and the chunks that fall off enemies and hit the ground don't sound right I think it would be better for those to be quieter or just not have sound at all. And the sound effects for fire in general is a bit too loud.
yes the flamethrower should have its sounds definition file settings changed, and volume turn down as soon as possible I'll get on top of this. The raptor bits may of been a custom Gibbing sound I added, to witch would feature the same issue in being very loud, polishing is one thing, but I'll remove some of these game breakers like, the aksu weapon switch bug, the loud sounds, ect. Asap and in the next update I'll have out here real soon.
Snake Plissken  [developer] Jan 17, 2017 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by Δsshole™:
Couple other ideas:

-Increase the shotgun max ammo cap to 30, 60 with ammo pack
-Sniper rifle or Railgun (high damage, zoom, decapitates a target upon headshot, could use either shotshells, arrows, or plasma rounds as ammo)
-If possible, new ammo types for flamethrower and proposed sniper rifle/railgun.

Ammo cap for all weapons will be modified. pistoles, bows, rifles, and melee weapons, will have a alt fire button, or a secondary attack button, bullet tracers will be re added to brutal Turok, there will be new power up pickups with there own unique effects and abilitys. And your almost spot on with something I've already been working on; a sniper rifle, wi a zoom function. That's something all in itself to pull off. Zooming in that is. But I'm also working on, when the player is going to make a headshot death, on a bad guy, the game knows as the triggers pulled, and the bullet dose a slow mo sniper elite effect. The game will freeze the actors, a cinematic camera event is triggered by the event, the camera mounts to a model of a bullet that spawns and travels in slower tie, the bullet he collides with a bad guys head, and it blows up. Furthermore thought already has been put forth on how it will be balanced, possibly a random chance of it to happen mixed with takeing into account pre defined conditions inorder to avoid some unfortunate slow mo kills wile in the heat of close range battles. And then there is new alt ammo for most weapons, like the bow witch will have three or four types of ammo. Regular, fire, light, ice arrows. I was messing around the other day and made a water gun, I also made the flamethrower throw out blue gel that turns badguys into skeletons, I may be adding some certain content in future updates that are out of context, or unknown to be called for in future updates. I'll do my best to feature such content in the context of being a Easter egg.
Last edited by Snake Plissken; Jan 17, 2017 @ 11:16am
Snake Plissken  [developer] Jan 17, 2017 @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by Δsshole™:
Perhaps all the weapons could use revamped firing sounds to add to the brutality of their power.

Debating about how I should approach new sounds from the artistical standpoint of brutal Turoks image and goal. If anyone can do a good vocal impersonation of Turok or any of the Turoks from Turok 3, let me know. Newweapon sounds I'll start putting more effort into as I add new weapons. Def. a must.
-Golden Armor- Mar 20, 2017 @ 2:51pm 
modifications for existing weapons perhaps?, for example, in one of the videos posted theres a modified pistol with a laser attached, i think thats awesome in and on itself that you could program something like that, but how about we expand the idea on that...

Bow:
-Shark Teeth (Extra sharp, causes enemies to bleed and slow down)
-Poisoned Arrows (instead of Tek Arrows, these poisoned ones makes the enemies Vomit their guts out uncontrollably, stopping em from whatever they were doing, just like the ones from Turok: Evolution)

Pistol:
-Burst Fire Mod (simple, ou pull the trigger, a burst of 3 rounds is used, like the Mag-60 from Turok: 2)
-Plasma Gun (Somethng like an attachment that makes the normal pistol use Plasma rounds)

Shotgun:
-Short Barrel (more spread, more damage, but with the downside that you need to be closer to the enemies to really screw them up)
-Firebreath (trades the explosive ammo for incendiary buckshot, makes enemies flail around or drop to the floor trying to put the flames out, you could also make the fire spread with the enemies running around, putting others on fire)

These are just some ideas i had, would be awesome if you could manage to make the modding stuff viable in-game, keep up the good work!
Last edited by -Golden Armor-; Mar 20, 2017 @ 2:54pm
Snake Plissken  [developer] Mar 20, 2017 @ 4:51pm 
Originally posted by -Golden Armor-:
modifications for existing weapons perhaps?, for example, in one of the videos posted theres a modified pistol with a laser attached, i think thats awesome in and on itself that you could program something like that, but how about we expand the idea on that...

Bow:
-Shark Teeth (Extra sharp, causes enemies to bleed and slow down)
-Poisoned Arrows (instead of Tek Arrows, these poisoned ones makes the enemies Vomit their guts out uncontrollably, stopping em from whatever they were doing, just like the ones from Turok: Evolution)

Pistol:
-Burst Fire Mod (simple, ou pull the trigger, a burst of 3 rounds is used, like the Mag-60 from Turok: 2)
-Plasma Gun (Somethng like an attachment that makes the normal pistol use Plasma rounds)

Shotgun:
-Short Barrel (more spread, more damage, but with the downside that you need to be closer to the enemies to really screw them up)
-Firebreath (trades the explosive ammo for incendiary buckshot, makes enemies flail around or drop to the floor trying to put the flames out, you could also make the fire spread with the enemies running around, putting others on fire)

These are just some ideas i had, would be awesome if you could manage to make the modding stuff viable in-game, keep up the good work!

The mag60, extracted from 3D data wile in memory during gamplay on screen with a emulator, has been added and will be in the next update, it will have this three burst fire and I haven't finished it yet, but just need to close a few lines of script right or something and it will also have its aim down sight secondary charged shot ability as seen in ragewars.

Worked on and developed but not planned for inclusion becuse I did a jacked up job on a aspect of it I feel, and I'll reconsider trying to get it in there for this next release, is a ice, light, fire, and poison altammo for new and spree renditions of the tekbow that have also been added, one is a new bow, the other is a slightly modified with new tester version or the original tekbow.

Smoke39 did a swell job at his fire breathe mod, however little was publicize about what's first was accomplished towards brutal Turok even in the hey days before his epic firebrethe mod with all do respect the man is a godsent. And I have promised to bring features in those days back to brutal Turok.
So brutal Turok and brutal Turok 2 will encompass tracers on all weapons that do no already include them by default. I just can't promis it in the next update to brutal Turok 1.

Every time I go to make a message on this thing this nasty person I'm with at the moment keeps trying to pull me away from it by acting nasty and in that kind of way where there looking for reasons to complain. Lmao so gonna go and deal with this persons nastyness and then I'll get back to what I was doin, sorry if this message fell off.
hey, can you make a WW2 weapons mod? maybe bring turok 3 weapons?
Last edited by Bald Guy with a Dodge Ram; Jun 16, 2020 @ 11:44pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50