rFactor 2

rFactor 2

Formula BMW
ze jesus Sep 22, 2016 @ 4:52am
Results file
We at R2P love the mod but we can't use it because VEH file is different than the version for rF1 the team name in where it should be the car type, which kills it for us.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
marcobost  [developer] Sep 22, 2016 @ 8:03am 
Sorry guy, but the mod has exactly the same structure of the original iDT for rFactor1, as you can see in the lines below:
Number=99
Team="Slow Motion Group"
PitGroup="Group6"
Driver="Chris Brown"
Description="#99 Chris Brown"
Engine="BMW"
Manufacturer="BMW"
Classes="FBMW Fantasy"

FullTeamName="Slow Motion Group"
TeamFounded=1955
TeamHeadquarters="Italy"
TeamStarts=n/a
TeamPoles=n/a
TeamWins=n/a
TeamWorldChampionships=n/a

Category="Formula BMW, Fantasy, Slow Motion Group"

And, in addition, like the rFactor1 version there is the DisplayClassOverride="Formula BMW"
Rob Milliken Sep 22, 2016 @ 12:17pm 
Hi Marco ! ,thx for converting this mod !!

ok heres what wer at r2p are talking about >

From the rF1 original addon -
Category="Formula BMW Fantasy"

The rF2 conversion -
Category="Formula BMW, Fantasy, Slow Motion Group" you have added the team at the end and this messes up the XML results ..

heres what our admin is telling us

The Category line for all the VEH files need to read:

Category="Formula BMW"

It's really that simple.

Ironically, the DisplayClassOverride is not even needed here since there is only a single car in the class. I think you were forced to use it only because you broke the Category line by adding the team name.

Or if you want to divide up the cars into smaller categories (FBMW Asia, Euro, Fantasy, etc) then they simply add that after a comma, but always end with the overall category of "Formula BMW". For example;

Category="Formula BMW, Asia"
Category="Formula BMW, Fantasy"
or
Category="Formula BMW Asia"
Category="Formula BMW Fantasy"
(the last is exactly how the rF1 addon is)

However... Since the cars within each divided-class (Fantasy, Asia, etc) are the same you really would not want to export them out as different cars (Asia, Fantasy, etc). So adding the common-category after the divider would bring it back to all exporting out as "Formula BMW" as the overall class.

For Example;
Category="Formula BMW, Asia, Formula BMW"
Category="Formula BMW, Fantasy, Formula BMW"

This is used across the board for all the ISI-created cars as an example ..

I hope this explanes whet we mean ..as it is it "breaks" our xml out put program so we cant use this great mod at all at r2p ...

marcobost  [developer] Oct 20, 2016 @ 10:21am 
Thank you for the explanation... I'll look at it in details because the main issue is how the cars are listed into the menu of rF2 and what is written (separated by comma) into the CATEGORY is the way to ordering the cars into the list.
I mean, I want that users can look at the car at first as FORMULA BMW, only after have selected it to the YEAR (2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - fantasy), then to the REGION (Asia, Uk, Ger, etc...) and finally to the cars of the same TEAM.
If that breaks something into your XML, sincerely I have no idea how to fix it, because any other order in the category, into the VEH file, doesn't show the list like it must be.
All the mods, more or less, in rF2 use the way I use. I'll look again at it, as I said. Maybe you could be so gentle to contact me privately to discuss in details: marcrotondi@gmail.com
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50