Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Improved Resistance NPCs
An "Improved Zombie" mod? (Warning, potential stupidity)
It would be nothing special. It would take the communication aspect from this mod and give it to zombie and headcrab NPCs. A headcrab seeing you would cause a nearby horde of zombies or swarm of headcrabs to converge in on your position. Settings like "headcrab spawns near zombie every five to thirty minutes" or so. Patroling? Stalking? Headcrab burrowing? Ability to break down doors? Some stuff that generally improves the performance of zombies or headcrabs in game and makes them something more than fodder.
I was just thinking that it would help provide urgency to Zombie maps, maybe add some pressure to the player to promote tactics. Meh.

Perhaps some other aspects of this mod. I lack the skills/resources to do it myself, so I'm just tossing the idea around. That, or I'm being stupid with this.
(Correct me if I am being stupid. It won't hurt my feelings)
Last edited by ディクソンサイダー; Nov 30, 2017 @ 5:46pm
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
gejkghejhpwjkophkpwlkpgmkwmpiojr
Blixibon  [developer] Dec 5, 2017 @ 10:28pm 
When I put this mod's features in Gmod's developer repository, I took the opportunity to "improve" the other NPCs as well. The communication aspect of this mod exists in vanilla zombies already. (Poison zombies and poison headcrabs are in a different squad from other zombies though)

As for the other suggestions, you might be better off asking someone else. I don't really have the skills/resources to do it either. This is a simple mod that really just comes down to taking advantage of HL2 features that have gone unused in Garry's Mod for years. This mod is nothing special aside from how natural it is.

Also, don't be stupid about calling yourself stupid.
Last edited by Blixibon; Dec 5, 2017 @ 10:29pm
Thanks.
I was stupid about calling myself stupid... So I'm stupid... Does that equal double stupid?
I think that logic just made me lose a few smart level points.
But again, thanks for clearing that up. (not the stupid part, I mean the NPC part). I was wondering about that for the longest time so it is a big help.
Skyethunder256 May 17, 2018 @ 8:06am 
i like cats:steamhappy:
Originally posted by Skyethunder256:
i like cats:steamhappy:
Thanks.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50