Men of War: Assault Squad 2

Men of War: Assault Squad 2

RobZ Realism mod
Michaelsmithe Dec 23, 2020 @ 9:30pm
Why America is the best faction In Robz
For some pointers here, we're gonna be going over some inherent rules and values that need to be addressed.

1. If you play with arty and mortars, you suck at the game and should unistall the game.
2. if you think the germans are too OP because of their heavy tanks, You're not just wrong, you're stupid.
3. If you can't understand why your tank died when i shot it through two buildings, your stupid.

Now for the real discussion.

- American squads have 12 members in a normal rifle squad. that's 3 more than the german squads, and carry two B.A.R. gunners and a Bazooka. that's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ fantastic you got firepower and the ability to stop light/medium tanks within the opening moves
-American Tanks are fast, mobile and cheap.(REALLY IMPORTANT)
-Quantity is not better than quality. Get a single tank to cover large swathes of land, but not be in the open, play defensively as most american tanks are glass cannons.
The Jackson is a perfect example of this principle. you have a 90mm cannon on a Sherman body. It just ♥♥♥♥♥. It's only 900 points, and easily replaced.
- Artillery is great, but you gotta remember it's not accurate and if you aren't dead on, you probably aren't killing larger emplaced weapons. might blow up a machine gun and mortar nest but, why waste the points on the chance of blowing these up when you can get a light tank over there to run it over. the point loss of a chaffee or stuart is well worth the points they spend getting another mortar out on the field that will be useless in 5-10 minutes when larger tanks come around.
-.50Cal Machine guns, are the best. Anyone who claims otherwise is braindead. It's good against light vehicles and infantry alike. it's the perfect early game weapon, where as the MG42, is only gonna be good for infantry and is less versatile for late game play. the brits have the 20mm Orieklon which is fantastic, but we aren't discussing them.
- the Pershing and Super Pershing are hot garbage compared to the jackson, they're expensive, have the same penetration values(practically. The super has a slightly better gun for range) and they both move slower than old people ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. I only get them for the armor they have. it can withstand a couple hits(maybe) from a Tiger and Tiger 2, which is good enough for me to track them or shoot them with hvap.
-Airborne, the US airborne outpace the other factions by miles. the british are the only ones who come close to me.
-back to regular infantry, the rifle squad and rifle squad with 2 bars is honestly one of the things that breaks them against other factions, since they go toe to toe, with the elite units of the German and Russian infantry and can still come out on top.

I'm done rambling.
TL;DR, America good, get gud ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Faction ranking
1. America
2.Germans(wehrmacht and SS)
3. Soviet Union
4. Soviet Guard
5. British(just don't like them, they play to heavily on arty)
6.♥♥♥♥, only play them for ♥♥♥ rushing,and memes
7. German Ostfront veteran. They suck and anyone who plays them is too stupid to realize they're severly underpowered against other factions, even as the ♥♥♥♥ i've been able to slice through them like butter.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 102 comments
SW-OBI Dec 23, 2020 @ 9:53pm 
This man knows a thing or two because he has seen a thing or two
Robin D. Banks Dec 24, 2020 @ 12:15am 
While I agree with you, I would still say the USSR is better.
Here take an award for the well thought out post.
Imperator Augustus  [developer] Dec 24, 2020 @ 2:35am 
Besides the fact that you have a lot of bad takes, you should watch the Tournament series from August. https://www.youtube.com/c/thegreenishcrab/videos

Balance has changed since then and its pretty well agreed that Guards is now the strongest followed by Japan. Soviet Union is generally considered the weakest in most cases. Others are rated at varying points.

Ironically though Britain has some of the worst artillery historically and in game so idk what you are on about.

USA is very well rounded though and has a lot of options and WP.
Last edited by Imperator Augustus; Dec 24, 2020 @ 2:42am
Michaelsmithe Dec 24, 2020 @ 4:27am 
Originally posted by Imperator Augustus:
Besides the fact that you have a lot of bad takes, you should watch the Tournament series from August. https://www.youtube.com/c/thegreenishcrab/videos

Balance has changed since then and its pretty well agreed that Guards is now the strongest followed by Japan. Soviet Union is generally considered the weakest in most cases. Others are rated at varying points.

Ironically though Britain has some of the worst artillery historically and in game so idk what you are on about.

USA is very well rounded though and has a lot of options and WP.

I've seen the tournament, but to even say Guards is the strongest is blasphemy. Japan i find to be good for certain things, but it's not well rounded enough to be number 2, it's tanks are dog too slow to be effective like the american tanks, not to mention they're just as vulnerable as mid game American tanks, no matter which one you pick, it won't matter. the Americans key point is that it has maneuverability to go with its weak armor, you can move around the enemy enough to get shots off. Japanese infantry for that matter is no great shakes.

I've seen the british arty slap. But i don't worry about artillery as it's fairly useless to me. it becomes obsolete quickly and it's only real use for me is stalling enemy infantry or blow off treads. if i can get a direct hit(keyword: IF) then sure i'll have a pog moment, but other than they fairly unreliable and can have the points spent on something more usefull and accurate, like a tank.
Soviet Union doesn't seem weak to me, it seems fairly balanced with it's mortars being able to do damage in the early game with longer ranges and damage output, while also being able to support itself with good medium tanks and alright enough infantry. Late game is where i've struggled the most with them, but by that point most matches are decided, or the other team leaves because this community has a problem with finishing matches.

Overall of all my experiences, i find the Americans to be by far the best faction. you don't even need WP to be good with them.
Early Game: infantry, Support weapons are OP. If you use mortars they seem alright enough. I don't use them enough since they cheapen the gameplay too much, but i've seen work done with them.
Mid Game: Medium tanks are versatile, have lots of problems against other factions armor, but can deal enough damage to stop most in their tracks. Light Armor could be used early to go screw around with your opponents, but i save it for this point, to go run over exposed positions, while the enemy saves up for the late game, basically trying to get them spend as much as possible to deal with my annoyances. The best part is, i don't need the Light Tank to survive, just to kill any emplaced positions. The point values for Mortars or god forbid you bring out arty Mid game, are so high compared to what you'll lose/spend on the Light tank, that it's a fantastic tradeoff.
Late Game: Tanks are fantastic. I don't know where most of this community that plays gets the idea that Late game american tanks suck, hell the Tank destroyers are the best part. 90mm Guns with HVAP, which is where the americans really shine,not with WP, Can slice through big cats like butter, let alone the Japanese or Guard tanks. The Jumbo in general is hard enough to kill, i've seen them take 18 shots from IS-2 or Tiger 2's and walk it off. They problem here is that they can only get 76mm guns at best, so you go for ther Pershings, which have great firepower, but against other late game tanks, they always seem to go down quicker. Like i mentioned i only get them to soak up damage enough for my Jacksons to kill anything. the range makes the S.Pershing great to me, but sometimes it's not worth buying.

I'm still stuck on the Japanese being #2, who ever decided that for the community deserves to be shot against the wall.
Fandovec03 Dec 24, 2020 @ 5:03am 
As I played USA a lot and i can say these things:

1. While not having cheap infantry squad, the standard squads have M1 Garant and Grenade launchers which gives them advantage over bold-action rifle squads

2. .50 cals can shred light vehicles into pieces if given a chance

3. Shermans 75s while not great against tank to tank combat, are supperior at the begining

4. Bazookas while least powerful of the rocket launchers, can fire white phosphorus rockets

5. M26 Pershing is comparable to German Panter

6. HVAP are super useful against Late Heavy tanks.

7. Super Pershing with HVAP can easily take down Tiger II

8. Unlike other Half tracks, US half tracks carry Bazooka and some rocekts

9. White Phosphorus is cancer to the enemy infantry

10. Sherman Jumbos are better protected than Tiger I and IS-1

Also Japan is most Underestimated nation in the game. Once i played 8v8 Japan vs USSR and Japan won even when 1 player left the game.

UK is overpowered as hell. The prices of their tanks doesn't match their efectiveness (Especially Churchills with their 152mm armor) and Wasps are spamable as hell for only 2 CP. Also PIAT is supperior AT weapon.

Soviets are OK. Their advantage is the infantry are very good at close range and Shock squads have body armor.

Wermacht and SS are well balanced. Wermacht is more focused on infantry and SS for tanks.

Guards are just Soviets focused more on Tanks.

Ostfront have best tanks and infantry but because of their price and lack of other options, they are worth using only on defence.

The only 2 things except UK that infuriates me most are Ace Tiger II and Veteran IS-2. They can shoot everything withouth ever getting shot. I would dercease range to 265m and on IS-2 decreased accuracy because they are sharing same accuracy.
Last edited by Fandovec03; Dec 24, 2020 @ 5:04am
Imperator Augustus  [developer] Dec 24, 2020 @ 5:13am 
Japan became good because of unintended overbuffs in some regards. Before hand Japan was not as competitive as other factions and needed some buff. They before relied on knee mortars, which like all light mortars has been nerfed, and rocket arty to carry. I suggested the Ace AA guns as Japan was lacking good options for AT guns and kinda makes sense historically. Of course at first they came way to early. They were unlocked before america got any artillery outside of the scott and 105 sherman. Robz also added the tungsted scaled OTSU ap shell to the game which was a further buff as it gave japan good pen. It also made the Chi To insanely good for its price. It essentially a sherman 76 but better pen and armor. The other thing added was the Imperial Guard Defensive squad which like its MP counterpart is really really good for the price and incredibly flexible. It was added as Japan lacked a sp squad unit which are a part of meta.

Imperial Guard, Elite Guards rifle, microd mg 42s will all dunk on american squads most of the times. And Americans will get slaughtered by stg44 and shock smg as the range closes.

The slugger I would agree is the most cost effective tank in the game. However the slugger cannot deal with properly microed units with longer range (most players fail to do this), heavy rocket arty, or indirect weapons behind hills. The range and penetration of the super persh makes it neccesary when fighting kts or the likes. The m1 garand, 1919, and johnson are great. The bar is not that much of an improvement over an m1. Shermans are fairly versatile though Jumbos can be penned by 75mm OTSU or short barreled 88 and up most of the time. The bouncing is just luck/bad angles.

Red Army falls flat because the only thing they have over gaurds is sandbags, kv 2, CP minimization, and better cost efficency in urban combat, which guards already does really well. They are just a far less flexible guards. Most of their tanks will lose rng fights against compotent players and their infantry suffers heavily at longer ranges. Their SP buy are also just not as good as guards.

Artillery can be played without but WP and large rocket arty are very much meta and can be devestating when used correctly. The good british artillery is the American guns. 25lb can be used to kill mortars but its never played.
Imperator Augustus  [developer] Dec 24, 2020 @ 5:19am 
Originally posted by Fandovec03:

UK is overpowered as hell. The prices of their tanks doesn't match their efectiveness (Especially Churchills with their 152mm armor) and Wasps are spamable as hell for only 2 CP. Also PIAT is supperior AT weapon.

The only 2 things except UK that infuriates me most are Ace Tiger II and Veteran IS-2. They can shoot everything withouth ever getting shot. I would dercease range to 265m and on IS-2 decreased accuracy because they are sharing same accuracy.

UK is not overpowered. They have very strong light vehicle spam but this makes them very predictable. Wasps are extremely easy to deal with so long as they are not camping behind hills. The churchill is good if you buy it on unlock, the problem is that its pen is meh and is super slow. Thus its only viable on smaller maps and you plan on buying it on unlock.

If you let your opponent save up 20 SP then you are doing it wrong. You should have crushed by the time that becomes available.
Drion Dec 26, 2020 @ 10:40am 
"But Germans OP"
I think GER and USSR are easier to learn, but on later stages America becomes good.
Mlatcka Dec 31, 2020 @ 4:00am 
"The churchill is good if you buy it on unlock, the problem is that its pen is meh and is super slow"

cuz churchill isnt made aggains tanks, its infantry tank, that means it needs infantry to be more usefull
Imperator Augustus  [developer] Dec 31, 2020 @ 4:10am 
Originally posted by Mlatcka:
cuz churchill isnt made aggains tanks, its infantry tank, that means it needs infantry to be more usefull

I am very much aware of the nuances of history concerning ww2. However, this is a game that skews reality and are talking about competitive balance.
Michaelsmithe Dec 31, 2020 @ 5:23am 
Alright you two take your British Tank discussion to another thread, preferably one you make yourselves. This thread is only for establishing why the American Faction is the best faction overall.

P.S. if you're gonna argue about a mod that aims to reach some form of realism as not being "gameplay worthy" or "competitive" go back to vanilla, everything can kill each other or better yet, go play CoH if you're too incompetent to deal with realism. I'm tired of seeing factions broken into weak versions of themselves from idiots like you guys who hate that some weapons are overpowered. Yeah warfare's not fair, but you get over it.
Mlatcka Jan 1, 2021 @ 6:58am 
i don't care if US is best, i will always play as UK cuz 17 pounder is best cannon of WW II, and ur US ill stick it in my ass and idc, if that will make u happy, i dont play CoH and never will, and also churchill unpenetratable from front, if i dont calculate koenig tigers, IS 2's and other tanks what have pen above 160 mm (depends on distance)
Last edited by Mlatcka; Jan 1, 2021 @ 6:59am
Bans Jan 2, 2021 @ 8:58pm 
4 is soviet guard?

i think 1st is soviet guard

and 2 is america
Bans Jan 2, 2021 @ 9:24pm 
Soviet guard 195 mp ~ 250mp Elite Infantry squad have 6 stat

they infantry is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ terminator

and have some 120MM WP and INCENDIARY

Don't forget IS-2 Elite
GoombA Jan 2, 2021 @ 9:47pm 
i've seen guard Is-2 penetrate successfully
Tiger 2 Front turret armor even if it is max range
and if you spend 220~30mp you can bring most powerful infantry in this game but in case of german? you can't
this mod is totally failed to make right balance
90mm HAVP ♥♥♥♥♥♥ every german middle tanks
it's only 900 mp
i agree with writer
if you feels german heavy tanks are op
it's because your noob
< >
Showing 1-15 of 102 comments
Per page: 1530 50