Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Roads United: Germany
Killface  [developer] Jan 28, 2016 @ 10:44am
Suggestions Wanted
If you have an idea for another texture pack within this mod.

- add support for Network Extensions (many roads to paint, later)
- make the parking spaces optional
Last edited by Killface; Feb 4, 2016 @ 4:01am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Scaenti Jan 30, 2016 @ 1:32am 
Mach mal Texturen für Network extension :)
sniggledigit Jan 30, 2016 @ 5:36pm 
PM me at some point. I might be able to help you with your texture sizes...55 mb is a bit much...
Killface  [developer] Jan 30, 2016 @ 6:46pm 
Originally posted by Lazarus*Man:
PM me at some point. I might be able to help you with your texture sizes...55 mb is a bit much...
Thanks for your offer. I've just changed the file format from png to jpg, didn't knew it would work.Reduced the file size to about 17 MB for now, I will check later to see if I can compress even more without losing quality.
GordonDry Jan 31, 2016 @ 3:04am 
What about DDS? The LOD can be in there. Or does this damned Unity platform doesn't support LOD inside DDS?
Last edited by GordonDry; Jan 31, 2016 @ 3:04am
Killface  [developer] Jan 31, 2016 @ 3:11am 
The largest png took 1.5 MB, with jpg it's just 300 KB. DDS used up 1 MB on maximum compression, so I went with jpg for now.
I found out that CS uses a "combined_texture" material for medium LOD, and also has additional lod files for zooming further out.
At the moment, I just don't know how to replace the lod files, they are loaded but not appear in-game. I added a function for creating a lod texture atlas for the colour changer, but haven't checked what this actually does apart from displaying the highways correctly. This might have replaced the combined_material, but I'm still learning.
Last edited by Killface; Jan 31, 2016 @ 3:12am
amapper Jan 31, 2016 @ 5:24am 
Yes, the Network Extention like "Small 4 lane Road" would be super. Thanks for your efforts here!
Last edited by amapper; Jan 31, 2016 @ 5:25am
Quo Feb 3, 2016 @ 2:18am 
Hey,
Could you add an option to enable and disable the street parking markings on the roads? It'd be nice to have some with and some without street parking.

Thanks for the great work! :)
Tim The Terrible Feb 15, 2016 @ 12:39pm 
I think the lines on the highway and six-lane road (screenshots) are a bit to bright white, maybe a shade of grey? Or does that come with the brightness setting?
Last edited by Tim The Terrible; Feb 15, 2016 @ 12:41pm
Finny Feb 23, 2016 @ 1:10pm 
Love your modification. I've already placed a topic to add a possibility to add road styles/textures to the Network Extentions-project...
Last edited by Finny; Feb 23, 2016 @ 1:12pm
Killface  [developer] Mar 3, 2016 @ 1:40pm 
Originally posted by Tim The Terrible:
I think the lines on the highway and six-lane road (screenshots) are a bit to bright white, maybe a shade of grey? Or does that come with the brightness setting?
after getting the core to work, I'll redo the textures and reduce the brightness to vanilla level.
OMIGODIMONFIRE May 10, 2016 @ 5:04am 
I'd suggest replacing the texture of the sidewalks that have the strip of grass (if that's possible) -- that whole concrete sidewalk>grass>road arrangement looks very American to me.
I'm used to German sidewalks being brick (or sometimes tiled), and they very rarely have a continuous strip of grass like that, at least where I live. It's more likely to be trees with individually enclosed patches of soil.
Last edited by OMIGODIMONFIRE; May 10, 2016 @ 5:08am
Killface  [developer] May 14, 2016 @ 2:03am 
Originally posted by OMIGODIMONFIRE:
I'd suggest replacing the texture of the sidewalks that have the strip of grass (if that's possible) -- that whole concrete sidewalk>grass>road arrangement looks very American to me.
I'm used to German sidewalks being brick (or sometimes tiled), and they very rarely have a continuous strip of grass like that, at least where I live. It's more likely to be trees with individually enclosed patches of soil.
I tried to change the pavement texture, but appearantly the pavement texture gets blended on the edges with the fading road texture. I have no chance of changing the color or the pattern that it won't look ugly. For the trees, I still have to add some general exceptions to the Core and then can re-work those cosmetics. Thanks for your feedback!
Thotticus Prime Oct 25, 2016 @ 1:06pm 
could you consider picking up and adding to the dutch roads because it's no longer compatible and seeing it be expanded to network exstensions would be really kool
Killface  [developer] Oct 25, 2016 @ 1:30pm 
I'm sorry, but I stopped modding Cities Skylines.
blaremc Mar 6, 2017 @ 5:13am 
Could you public this code in the Github?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50