Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Mission to Mars
4  [developer] Mar 30, 2015 @ 3:08am
Population 0 Issue
If nobody wants to move to your city first make sure you have a passenger train station set up. Next try to disable all your mods, could there be any conflicts?

If still no passenger trains arrive try restarting/reloading Mission to Mars.
As a last option you could try to resubscribe.

If everything fails please upload your savegame and post a reply here ...
Last edited by 4; Mar 30, 2015 @ 5:12am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Motion Apr 7, 2015 @ 6:16pm 
What are we suppose to do for sewage?
4  [developer] Apr 8, 2015 @ 6:43am 
Get creative ;) Sewage is intentionally a problem with this mission, to make it real challenging.
Tallinu Apr 11, 2015 @ 7:37am 
It seems odd that the map has two cargo terminals set up, with four branches of train tracks, but one of the branches is almost entirely inaccessible and the other is also somewhat poorly placed - and despite all the preexisting infrastructure, no passenger terminal is present.

The lack of population was a bit confusing until I remembered that people had to have a way to move into the city and thought of building such a terminal. Even though I restarted and did so immediately (creating a fifth branch of track in order to place it somewhere appealing, on that small road to the left of the tracks), basically every industrial and commercial building went abandoned due to lack of workers before I could get anything more than 10-30 people into the city, no matter how much high or low density residential space I set up.

As an aside, I caught this rather ironic chirp during my first attempt playing this map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=423231905
Last edited by Tallinu; Apr 11, 2015 @ 7:40am
4  [developer] Apr 11, 2015 @ 7:54am 
Tallinu, this is all expected, since my plan here was to push players to fall into some fairly bad situations even before really starting. All part of the challenge :)
Last edited by 4; Aug 25, 2021 @ 1:11pm
winnerrmad Sep 20, 2015 @ 8:40am 
I find an airport is a more effective way to accumulate population, although it's expensive... (costs 15% of the starting budget)
4  [developer] Sep 21, 2015 @ 5:24am 
I agree with you, winnerrmad. But that would also mean starting at a very high milestone, which could kill some of the fun/challenge.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50