Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Prague PART 1/5
Kyle's Review of "Prague" - 5/5
Way more than the sum of its parts. 5/5 stars.

Prague seems like a campaign you'll either love or hate, but I had a blast because of the magnificent atmosphere and attention to detail. The enormous quantity of custom assets leaves every inch of this campaign feeling unique, and the new voice lines for the media broadcasts (in English and Czech) make the city come alive. Every little shop and room feels distinct in its texturing, lighting, and environmental storytelling. I'm especially a fan of the biker gang making "pain pills."

The level design is also easy to follow and not too difficult — if anything, it might be too easy, especially the finale. The campaign is full of wide open spaces that feel expansive and authentic, but that also means there's a lot of walking and zombies can't always close in on you. I think the outstanding aesthetics, immersion, and progression make up for these shortcomings, but challenge-seekers may be wanting more. I still highly recommend trying it, though!

More reviews: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2264239411
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
perfect_buddy  [developer] Jan 4 @ 3:31pm 
thanks Kyle
Bane Jan 14 @ 10:33pm 
One of the things I really loved about the wide open spaces was they felt authentic for example if an area was wide open there was a reason for it, not poor map design.
Last edited by Bane; Jan 14 @ 10:34pm
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50