Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Spyro the Dragon Playermodel
Austint30  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 2:11pm
Can you update the animations to not look like a pony?
Front legs bend backwards and the running/walking animations are not dragon-like.

You can look at some legend of spyro videos or something to see how Spyro runs and try to mimic that. Also when you sprint, Spyro should do a charging animation! The tail should also be animated because his tail glitches sometimes when being moved by physics.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
❤Yuki❤  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 3:06pm 
I would like to. I'm just not that good at animations yet. I'll look more into it though.
I'd always like an improved Spyro myself. :)
Austint30  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 3:08pm 
Maybe you can ask the creator of the My Little Pony mod to help with the animations.
Austint30  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 8:11pm 
I'm learning how to make new animations! I'm starting to figure it out in blender! I think i might be able to do it! I repositioned the bone structure to fit Spyro's joints and I'm making an Idle animation for him. Will it screw anything up if I change the armature in the .qc file?
❤Yuki❤  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 8:47pm 
The names of the bones in the animations need to be the same, but you can edit the tail names. What in particular do you mean by "change the armature"?
Last edited by ❤Yuki❤; Sep 13, 2014 @ 8:47pm
Austint30  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 9:23pm 
Armature is basically the way they say bones in blender.
Austint30  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 9:26pm 
I've got a nice idle animation! His head moves up and down slightly, his wings move back and forth slightly, and his tail moves up and down. I'm just having trouble getting it exported to a .smd file.
❤Yuki❤  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 10:02pm 
Originally posted by Flame Master:
Armature is basically the way they say bones in blender.
Oh, I know, I meant what exactly did you want to change in the armature xD Sorry I wasn't clear. Nice to hear abouth the idle anim though, is it giving you an error or something though when you export it? :o
Austint30  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 10:17pm 
I finally got the animation exported to an smd file! :D I replaced the idle animation with the old one. Now I got another problem. I'm having trouble compiling it again. I'm using Crowbar and I keep getting the error "Can't find steam app user info" I tried doing what it says here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Can't_find_steam_app_user_info

but, it still says the same thing and fails to compile. What compiler did you use? I'm going to bed now. 12:16 AM.
Austint30  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 10:17pm 
When I get this done this will be my first ever major mod in any video game I have ever made! :D
❤Yuki❤  [developer] Sep 13, 2014 @ 10:45pm 
Originally posted by Flame Master:
I finally got the animation exported to an smd file! :D I replaced the idle animation with the old one. Now I got another problem. I'm having trouble compiling it again. I'm using Crowbar and I keep getting the error "Can't find steam app user info" I tried doing what it says here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Can't_find_steam_app_user_info

but, it still says the same thing and fails to compile. What compiler did you use? I'm going to bed now. 12:16 AM.
Crowbar works well https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz8zS9qTrqHWak1QX25GMFJNVlk/edit :)
Austint30  [developer] Sep 14, 2014 @ 12:51pm 
I am redoing the idle animation because I didn't have the bones assigned right to the right verticies, thus making the bones move the wrong part of the mesh. Does the animations have to be a certain time length or can I make them as long as I want?
❤Yuki❤  [developer] Sep 14, 2014 @ 2:57pm 
I think the idle has to be 30fps, I'm not positive.
Morganicism Sep 15, 2014 @ 9:31am 
It's really cool that you're changing the animations. If you can get those new animations to work it'll be awesome, keep it up!
Austint30  [developer] Sep 15, 2014 @ 3:25pm 
Making a noclip animation aka flying! Hi Morganicism! I love your Spyro model!
Austint30  [developer] Sep 15, 2014 @ 3:26pm 
The walking animation I'm going to do last cause that is really hard. I also got high school, so that will be in the way to getting it done.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
Per page: 1530 50