Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

VScript Survivor Manager
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Shadowysn  [developer] Jul 18, 2023 @ 4:04am
Bug Reports
I definitely have not tested everything, least of all actual multiplayer because my local server hosting is busted.

- Clone survivors are not targeted by witches.
Valve, the stupid dum-dums they were, decided to always use the first survivor that matches the character for the witch to go after. They also do this for other things like Defibs and chargers charging into people.
Examples:
Nick startled the witch but she goes after you as Bill in L4D1 maps.
You have 4 Coach players. Whoever startles the witch will make the witch go after the first Coach, who is usually the local host or first joiner of the server.

- Finale rescue cinematic and the credits don't account for the extra survivors.
Another map-based hijink causing the extra survivors to be left behind in the ending cinematic. They will also show up as dead in the credits. Fixed.

- Maps that use L4D1 survivors as NPCs will incorrectly use the playable L4D1 survivors.
Many maps don't check if the L4D1 survivors they have are playable at any time, so they can get locked into position, deleted, and generally just be screwed with a lot, and possibly even soft-lock the map.
The Passing is an example.
Fixed.

L4D1-survivor-using maps are notorious for completely erasing the L4D2 survivors from use, forcing me to FAKE them. At this stage of the mod, the fakes are not yet fully supported.
- The L4D2 survivors are still treated by the game as clones of the L4D1 survivors.
Everyone will name them as if they're L4D1 survivors.
This is one issue that is hard to fix, as I have to manually manipulate and consider everything the talker does.
It also means every issue that applies to clone survivors also applies to these fakes as well.

- The L4D2 survivors use L4D1 names, arms and icons.
The survivor set information that says which arms and icons to use is completely client-side and determined by the mission text file for your machine.
You'd have to manually edit the mission text files to use the 2nd survivor set where everything works properly, and that is absolutely not feasible for this mod.

- L4D2 survivors sometimes use L4D1 survivor voices
Not sure how this manages to break, but I've seen it happen trying 18 Coaches.
Possibly fixed.

- Cannot use jointeam 2 nick or Talker Join mods to play as L4D2 survivors
Related to clone survivors being unnatural in the game's code.
Unfixable. Workaround is to use !survswap instead.
Last edited by Shadowysn; Sep 21 @ 8:21pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
LittleBigSmoak Jul 19, 2023 @ 7:21am 
L4D1 survivors occasionally t-pose in the l4d2 maps. Most noticable with Louis.
Shadowysn  [developer] Jul 19, 2023 @ 7:47am 
Originally posted by LittleBigSmoak:
Odd. Which campaigns and which place did this happen in?
LittleBigSmoak Jul 19, 2023 @ 7:54am 
The Parish, and it happened several times.
MarkedxGage Jul 19, 2023 @ 1:14pm 
Mod no work, tried the commands but they no work
kanadianborn Jul 19, 2023 @ 7:38pm 
from my testing Zoey seems to be replaced alot by L4D2 Survivors instead as appearing as herself
Shadowysn  [developer] Jul 19, 2023 @ 7:52pm 
Originally posted by CRABMAN:
This is a script mod, you need to either use singleplayer or host a local server for multiplayer.
MarkedxGage Jul 21, 2023 @ 11:37pm 
Originally posted by Shadowysn:
This is a script mod, you need to either use singleplayer or host a local server for multiplayer.
I did that but the commands still no work, any other suggestions? Please I want this mod to work for me!
Shadowysn  [developer] Jul 21, 2023 @ 11:40pm 
I did that but the commands still no work, any other suggestions? Please I want this mod to work for me!
The only thing I can think of is you're trying to run it in a PvP gamemode like Versus, which auto-blocks all mods even on your own local servers.
Check the end of the Technical Stuff discussion to see how to fix it.
ChapCanai Jul 22, 2023 @ 12:30am 
Does anyone have the no reserve ammo bug when taking over bot?
Shadowysn  [developer] Jul 22, 2023 @ 12:50am 
Originally posted by ChapCanai:
Does anyone have the no reserve ammo bug when taking over bot?
Oops. Fixed.
Originally posted by kanadianborn:
from my testing Zoey seems to be replaced alot by L4D2 Survivors instead as appearing as herself
Maybe this is fixed as well, I fixed a bug with how I implemented the check for which survivor you pick in the lobby.
Originally posted by LittleBigSmoak:

The Parish, and it happened several times.
I will eventually test The Parish to see if this happens, though not now.
Last edited by Shadowysn; Jul 22, 2023 @ 12:54am
ChapCanai Jul 22, 2023 @ 1:34am 
Thanks for the fix

Many people and I also have the infamous bug where an extra bot will spawn for every player joined in the server after moving to next chapter.
(Eg. if 2 guest players join, then the next chapter will have 2 more bots. These extra bots will usually be nick/bill clones)
Temporary fix to this is restarting the level

Edit: Still Happening for me with latest version
Last edited by ChapCanai; Aug 20, 2023 @ 6:26am
Tac_L1bra Jul 23, 2023 @ 5:17am 
There's a bug where I went into First Person mode everytime when I start any first campaign mission, while I have 8 bots with me
MarkedxGage Jul 23, 2023 @ 1:28pm 
Originally posted by Shadowysn:
The only thing I can think of is you're trying to run it in a PvP gamemode like Versus, which auto-blocks all mods even on your own local servers.
Check the end of the Technical Stuff discussion to see how to fix it.
No I wasnt in a versus game mode I was in single player when I tried useing the commands but they still no work
Shadowysn  [developer] Jul 23, 2023 @ 8:55pm 
No I wasnt in a versus game mode I was in single player when I tried useing the commands but they still no work
Then I'm stumped on why it isn't working for you in singleplayer.
Outside of possible script mod conflicts, I have no idea.
co si jebnuty Jul 24, 2023 @ 4:32am 
When Im for example playing a L4D2 campaign, the L4D1 survivors don't say anything when I shoot them. Is this intentional or a bug?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Per page: 1530 50