Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

GM_Functional_Flatgrass
SpaceManBob Nov 17, 2017 @ 3:07pm
Server Lag
Whenever I'm on this map (by myself), my server lags really hard, is there a fix for this?
Last edited by SpaceManBob; Nov 17, 2017 @ 3:08pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
This dosen't happen to mine, I guess get a better PC?
SpaceManBob May 13, 2018 @ 9:46am 
Originally posted by Munky:

Jesus that's a dumb post. Not to be rude but if you can't offer actual help no one is forcing you to reply.

You managed to write a short sentence and jam-packed it with several levels of stupidity:

You used 100% anecdotal evidence.

You don't understand what lag is.

You then proceded to use your anecdotal evidence and ignorance on lag to tell me to "get a better PC" (I didn't know people were still this dumb).

And all of that half a year after I asked for help. You took so long to reply I already found out what the problem was.

For the record, my computer puts to shame over 2 million computers around the world. And that's a fact, not a guess.
LifeDreamer24 May 12, 2021 @ 1:01pm 
wtf
SpaceManBob May 12, 2021 @ 2:22pm 
Originally posted by LifeDreamer24:
wtf

My salt levels seem to have been critical 3 years ago. Nuclear even haha
LifeDreamer24 May 12, 2021 @ 3:05pm 
Originally posted by GallifreyanJedi:
Originally posted by LifeDreamer24:
wtf

My salt levels seem to have been critical 3 years ago. Nuclear even haha
No worries m8
Been there too lmao ;)
Memedude Aug 18, 2022 @ 12:05am 
Originally posted by GallifreyanJedi:
Originally posted by Munky:

Jesus that's a dumb post. Not to be rude but if you can't offer actual help no one is forcing you to reply.

You managed to write a short sentence and jam-packed it with several levels of stupidity:

You used 100% anecdotal evidence.

You don't understand what lag is.

You then proceded to use your anecdotal evidence and ignorance on lag to tell me to "get a better PC" (I didn't know people were still this dumb).

And all of that half a year after I asked for help. You took so long to reply I already found out what the problem was.

For the record, my computer puts to shame over 2 million computers around the world. And that's a fact, not a guess.
ok so what is the problem im having the same issue
SpaceManBob Aug 18, 2022 @ 6:56am 
Originally posted by Memedude:
ok so what is the problem im having the same issue

Guess I'm the dumb one now. Should have posted the solution to the problem back when I found it. Don't actually remember now after so long. In fact, I'm sort of confused at claiming to have found out the problem as I don't recall ever actually solving my server lag problems on certain maps including this one.

I was also sort of wrong back then due to apparently being extremely triggered for some reason at the insinuation I had a ♥♥♥♥ PC. But that could be the reason. It wasn't in my case and might not be in yours either but it could be despite my blustering.

One thing I actually remember noticing was that if I tabbed out of GMOD and focused the server console in Windows the lag would go away which could be seen when tabbing back in. Problem is it would only last for a second after tabbing in and then go back to lagging.

My original thought was that running the server and game on the same device just doesn't work well as the server lags whenever tabbed into the game (and when my friends were on I think they claimed there was no lag when I wasn't ingame). Problem is I never had a second PC to run the server on its own.

Another thought I had recently was that if the game doesn't do multi-threading very well if at all maybe the problem is the server and the game trying to run on the same core. If that's the case you might be able to use task manger to set the process affinity so they don't use the same cores. Haven't tried this one yet as I coincidentally only thought of it recently.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50