Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

One 4 Nine
One 4 Nine - Review by Endless
★★★★★ 5/5: An underrated classic

I find it hard to believe that this classic doesn't have more mentions or comments, or reviews! It is a complete five map campaign with a unique and well defined style. Gory and creepy, One 4 Nine manages to create a campaign that combines technological horror with an omniscient atmosphere of doom. All under a brilliant design that is as detailed as it is fascinating to appreciate, full of excellent moments and multiple scenes worthy of capturing.

Each map is designed in a good way, connecting logically under a well-defined progress that increases both the visual touch and the difficulty, changing and alternating with different areas that reveal a deepening darkness. On the one hand, we start with a simple style in a deserted area, gradually moving deeper and deeper into a military base. The military base gradually unravels into a house of slaughter, full of scenarios as terrifying as bloodthirsty. With the constant hordes of zombies in different areas, the place becomes a genuine hell. You can smell the stench of corpses in the air!

The challenge is kept well up thanks to the formation of the scenery and the constant number of infected. Despite being, for the most part, a claustrophobic campaign design, it manages to have considerable variation in its geometry thanks to the inclusion of windows, doors, multiple rooms, ventilation and more. This allows different infected to attack us from different areas, and, at the same time, gives players the opportunity to keep moving and choose special areas to resist combat.

Ammunition and weapon variation is welcome. Thanks to the increase in enemies, there is also a considerable increase in useful items, which makes the battle not only a little more peaceful, but also a lot more fun. Nobody enjoys having to kill more than three infected with a gun, but here you will have all kinds of weapons to enjoy under a symphony of ultra-violence.

My only criticism is with the ending, which, despite being a very tetric map, fails a bit in terms of execution. This is due to a color changing filter that develops as the ending progresses. The screen turns black, then red, then white. This goes on for the entire duration of the ending, which is, I must admit, very annoying.

But, by virtue of the excellent quality and theme of the maps, I can't let that point run over the final score of this campaign.

It's awesome, bloody and super fun. Go and play it!

Endless's Reviews: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2769307412
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
[LPMC] Haveswagger1 Jan 14, 2023 @ 12:04pm 
Very much to be agreed on this map, honestly my favorite map on the entire steam page.
But i'll disagree with the only criticism there, seeing as i found it to help with the scenery and add to the uniqueness of the ending.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50