Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Hammer Corruption
suggestions (i am not the creator of this addon)
i just want to make this so we can send update ideas i have a few

if you spawn ragdolls they will flail around and fly sometimes

there should be a menu if you can stop or start the corruption and speed plus what it effects

if you spawn props over time it will change like material and color

on the menu (if you add one) you can change how much corruption can spread before stopping

0 for infinite and any number above
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Floogini ravioli May 28, 2022 @ 6:44pm 
i think i would be neat if these entities where not just from half-life.
it would be cool if some of the entities where from other source titles
such as

CS source
Tf2
Portal
day of defeat

and so on
Last edited by Floogini ravioli; May 28, 2022 @ 6:51pm
Floogini ravioli May 28, 2022 @ 6:52pm 
also a way to combat the corruption would be fun.
OG_Moge May 28, 2022 @ 7:03pm 
It would be terrifying if the corruption could "infect" regular NPCs and turn them into a state similar to the NPCs in the pack,(aka Hammer Entity/Guard/Headcrab) and make them turn against you.
Some stupid name May 28, 2022 @ 7:38pm 
a custom map
Funny Engineer May 28, 2022 @ 9:00pm 
it would be cool if the corruption had phases or other stuff or there can be a weapon that you can try and stop the corruption (like ravioli said)
Lebron Jame$$$$ May 29, 2022 @ 12:15am 
I would like to see NPCs react to the corruption
iNVERTED  [developer] May 29, 2022 @ 8:37am 
Originally posted by Floogini ravioli:
also a way to combat the corruption would be fun.

Originally posted by Engineer Christian:
it would be cool if the corruption had phases or other stuff or there can be a weapon that you can try and stop the corruption (like ravioli said)

Planning on a way to eliminate corruption

Originally posted by OG_Moge:
It would be terrifying if the corruption could "infect" regular NPCs and turn them into a state similar to the NPCs in the pack,(aka Hammer Entity/Guard/Headcrab) and make them turn against you.

Originally posted by Smoldík:
I would like to see NPCs react to the corruption

Currently working on interactions with NPCs
Funny Engineer May 29, 2022 @ 8:48am 
nice
digitalbeast86 May 29, 2022 @ 1:39pm 
add mingebags and make the corruption progressively get more and more worse as time go's on

can you also make props and maps interact with the corruption?
(example:when the corruption touches a prop, it will turn into a error, if the corruption touches any type of surface, it will turn the texture into a purple and black texture)
Last edited by digitalbeast86; May 29, 2022 @ 5:42pm
how about to npcs to get a error texture and be hostile when they are touching contaminated area or other corrupted npc
OG_Moge May 30, 2022 @ 3:30pm 
Another neat idea for this mod:

What about a "Learning With Pibby" inspired corruption mod/update for this mod.

Depending on how it would be made, it would either be a re-skin of this, or a separate mod all together. Except for the "Hammer Leak" it would be replaced/re-skinned by "The Glitch/ The Glitch Virus", and unlike the Hammer Leak, which spreads in a (somewhat) natural way, The Glitch/Virus would be intelligent and a lot more dangerous and would track others down to infect and convert them. It would also be airborne,(as seen in the trailer fighting some superhero character in a wall-like state.) so not even no-clipping or flying a vehicle would save you. NPC interactions could be similar to Ideas we have here already but we'll see-

A way to "combat" The Glitch is to use some sort of Carebear as a lazer gun.

"Infected" NPC's would not only be re-textured to fit the style of LWP but would also be horribly mangled to fit its horror-esq style. (Models bones are randomly shifted to create horrible monstrosity's, all in a creepy animation.)

If a player touches The Glitch, they would die and their model would become infected (Similar to the NPC interactions.)

Man that was a l:missing:t for a sim:missing:le I:missing:ea. Let m:missing: kn:missing:w what y:missing:u gu:missing:s t:missing:in:missing:. :missing::missing:pe :missing::missing:u :missing::missing::missing: l:missing:ke :missing::missing::missing:
iNVERTED  [developer] May 30, 2022 @ 7:43pm 
Originally posted by OG_Moge:
Another neat idea for this mod:

What about a "Learning With Pibby" inspired corruption mod/update for this mod.

Depending on how it would be made, it would either be a re-skin of this, or a separate mod all together. Except for the "Hammer Leak" it would be replaced/re-skinned by "The Glitch/ The Glitch Virus", and unlike the Hammer Leak, which spreads in a (somewhat) natural way, The Glitch/Virus would be intelligent and a lot more dangerous and would track others down to infect and convert them. It would also be airborne,(as seen in the trailer fighting some superhero character in a wall-like state.) so not even no-clipping or flying a vehicle would save you. NPC interactions could be similar to Ideas we have here already but we'll see-

A way to "combat" The Glitch is to use some sort of Carebear as a lazer gun.

"Infected" NPC's would not only be re-textured to fit the style of LWP but would also be horribly mangled to fit its horror-esq style. (Models bones are randomly shifted to create horrible monstrosity's, all in a creepy animation.)

If a player touches The Glitch, they would die and their model would become infected (Similar to the NPC interactions.)

Man that was a l:missing:t for a sim:missing:le I:missing:ea. Let m:missing: kn:missing:w what y:missing:u gu:missing:s t:missing:in:missing:. :missing::missing:pe :missing::missing:u :missing::missing::missing: l:missing:ke :missing::missing::missing:

I was thinking about making a separate mod where it would have various different corruptions instead of just the hammer corruption, like Terraria's corruption and crimson, or your suggestion here.
mafia1963 May 30, 2022 @ 8:04pm 
I Personally think there could be a corruption to rival the hammer corruption like a Xen corruption or a missing textures corruption. but that's just a idea i thought of.
Funny Engineer May 30, 2022 @ 8:40pm 
yes please make terraria! and make missing texture corruption and xen

they can be like biomes in worldbox that fight over territory plus it can be good for roleplay if you want to roleplay a glitch i hope you make it in the future!
Funny Engineer May 30, 2022 @ 8:46pm 
a tf2 corruption would be cool where a posing mercs slide after you and various items weapons and map props form the corruption

also when u add a menu make it like prop virus so you can reskin the corruption to any ragdoll or prop you want ( a wooden cow tf2 corruption )
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Per page: 1530 50