The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Deep laboratories [REP]
That Azazel Fire  [developer] May 24, 2022 @ 4:17am
Discuss Deep Labs Lore
Fun Fact: this mod has it's own lore and story! crazy right? here you can discuss the lore with people and come up with wacky theories.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Plot Jun 5, 2022 @ 12:26pm 
no clue how the characters fit into the lore. Wish we also had playable robots instead of kids
amongus baby real Jun 23, 2022 @ 10:18am 
i just recently checked this mod out and adore it, i'm curious about the lore but i'm still piecing together what i can before i'm ready to discuss it.

was just wondering if there's an official list of character names? obviously there are names for most bosses on their intro cutscenes but since the names aren't in the bestiary, it's a little difficult to find them all and a few bosses like the replacements for uriel, gabriel, mother's shadow, mother, dogma, the ultra harbingers, and the beast have no name shown as far as i could see
bionichuteagain Oct 30, 2023 @ 2:18am 
My SO and I really love the mod (its my preferred way to play the game) and we've been discussing what the plot is and keeping track of the names for bosses and locations. Even if it wasn't there for that long, the boss names in the bestiary helped my SO's theory that aliens were involved.

The Beast's replacement being named The Mothership, the similar look the Ultra Horsemen have to the Dr., and one of them being named Professor, says to us that they're aliens. We don't know if the Ultra Horsemen are allies to the Dr. or not, but he's definitely not keen on helping them.

Speaking of the Dr., it's really great how much personality he has for a character confined to such rigid constraints. The mansion floor is probably my favourite because of how much it adds to him as a character, I can tell you guys had a lot of fun coming up with stuff for him.

Technically not a lore thing but my SO has also been coming up with ideas for Deep Labs versions of Fiend Folio bosses, just as a fun thing to do. Being able to play Deep Labs and Fiend Folio together would be amazing, but I fully understand that isn't going to happen, but we'll keep coming up with ideas.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50