Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator

GROWING SEASON
derw4tz Apr 26, 2021 @ 2:42pm
Empty mining cards
Pretty cool game, also good idea to use TTS for promotion. Tonight we played a few rounds and we are going to back it, good job!

The only feedback we had after a few rounds:

The empty mining cards feel like a kick in the balls especially in the beginning. You lost momentum by having two unusable cards and then you get nothing.

We will try this modification next time, maybe some other people can also give feedback:

You can keep empty mining cards on your side and you can use them in combination with 1 other handcard to go in the mine.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
PunisherAdrian Apr 26, 2021 @ 5:12pm 
the mining mecanic is for use the cards that have no other use on the farm, and you dont feel like you waste those cards, the benefit of the mining mecanic has to be less than farming, in order that you dont rush minning

basicamente, que esta hecho a posta para que tengas una pequeña oportunidad de obtener algo con las cartas que serian inutiles.
derw4tz Apr 27, 2021 @ 1:15am 
yes i understand that;

but i see it as this:

during playtesting they most likely realized that it sucks for players when they get a bad hand; that they have to throw away cards without using them

so they most likely invented this mechanic; maybe it turned out to be to strong to get sure money out of it so they added some blanks

but by adding blanks they reverted the initial goal of the mine: softening the blow to a bad hand

with a game as snowbally as this the softening mechanic should have a 1/3 chance of beeing another blank
Last edited by derw4tz; Apr 27, 2021 @ 1:16am
Dialgaidor Apr 29, 2021 @ 12:38pm 
Because of the stretch goals in kickstarter, the phisical game it's now going to have a fishing mechanic that can be used alongide the mine, i suppose including that it's probably going to fix the problem of the blank mine cards because you're going to have more options to use your hand

The creator of the game also said that the tabletop simulator mod probably won't have an update with the stretch goals, because he comissioned the mod, he didn't make it himself.

I really like the house rule you made up, i'm going to try it next time i play, sounds like it can make the mine a little bit more friendly
derw4tz Apr 29, 2021 @ 4:42pm 
Originally posted by Dialgaidor:
Because of the stretch goals in kickstarter, the phisical game it's now going to have a fishing mechanic that can be used alongide the mine, i suppose including that it's probably going to fix the problem of the blank mine cards because you're going to have more options to use your hand

The creator of the game also said that the tabletop simulator mod probably won't have an update with the stretch goals, because he comissioned the mod, he didn't make it himself.

I really like the house rule you made up, i'm going to try it next time i play, sounds like it can make the mine a little bit more friendly

interesting news; yes i only backed due to the stretch goals;

i feel that the base game alone does not offer enough replayability to warrant the price at the current point; with all the stretch goals included tough it sounds like a really solid game;

looking forward to the full release;
S-Tian May 12, 2021 @ 7:00pm 
While Eric has no intention (at the moment) to update or support the mod, when they start shipping the game, the community could implement the stretch-goals. (Unless Eric is generous and shares the assets before launch to test the expansions)

For example, in my case I translated the few objects that were in English in the mod to Spanish.

At the moment we continue playing here waiting for the game to be finished and our copies arrive.

Greetings.
Yskar May 25, 2021 @ 7:31am 
I would purchased it as an TTS DLC if Eric release the game as such.
S-Tian May 25, 2021 @ 4:06pm 
In the latest Kickstarter update Eric indicated that once the expansion designs are finished, he will upload them to TTS to get feedback in case any last minute changes need to be made before sending the final game to manufacturing.

He also indicated in another update that the card art may change a bit, to remove some of the black border.

So we are waiting for the updates.

Regards.
Yskar May 25, 2021 @ 4:28pm 
Great to know, its a smart decision.
derw4tz May 25, 2021 @ 4:38pm 
thats good we still play it on and of every now and then
EvasivaCoches May 26, 2021 @ 8:51pm 
It is a farm game not a mining game, if mining were profitable, why be a farmer?
EvasivaCoches May 26, 2021 @ 8:55pm 
The magic of board games is that if you don't like something you can change it, you could eliminate the cards without anything or reduce the number of them, or for example change the proportion of 1 card for a mining one, remove the mining and put that whenever you can not play more cards you can exchange 2 cards for a coin since even though this mod is automated you can play as you want and invent your own rules and functions as if you had it in physics
derw4tz May 27, 2021 @ 10:21am 
Originally posted by EvasivaCoches:
The magic of board games is that if you don't like something you can change it, you could eliminate the cards without anything or reduce the number of them, or for example change the proportion of 1 card for a mining one, remove the mining and put that whenever you can not play more cards you can exchange 2 cards for a coin since even though this mod is automated you can play as you want and invent your own rules and functions as if you had it in physics

Nah, :Uranium:homebrew rules:Uranium: are not my cup of tea;

also its just feedback, we can agree to disagree
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50