Transport Fever 2

Transport Fever 2

Timetables
Gregory365  [developer] Aug 19, 2022 @ 7:10am
Fork: Timetables 1.3
For comments, suggestions and issues with the Timetables 1.3 [github.com] fork of this mod
Last edited by Gregory365; Mar 11, 2023 @ 4:30am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Gregory365  [developer] Aug 19, 2022 @ 7:14am 
To fix trains being stuck in a station after removing this mod.
Open the console (press `) and copy & paste:

api.engine.forEachEntityWithComponent(function (entity) api.cmd.sendCommand(api.cmd.make.setVehicleManualDeparture(entity, false)) end, 70)
Last edited by Gregory365; Jan 15, 2023 @ 3:18pm
Vuyfield Aug 24, 2022 @ 9:09am 
For some reason, trains depart flawlessly for a small period, but then they become stuck in the station even after using the console thing.
Gregory365  [developer] Aug 24, 2022 @ 12:52pm 
Originally posted by Vuyfield:
For some reason, trains depart flawlessly for a small period, but then they become stuck in the station even after using the console thing.

Is this with the mod installed or removed?

If the trains are still stuck in the station after removing the mod, and you've typed in the above console command, then the issue isn't with the mod.
Vuyfield Aug 25, 2022 @ 7:26am 
Originally posted by Gregory365:
Originally posted by Vuyfield:

Is this with the mod installed or removed?

If the trains are still stuck in the station after removing the mod, and you've typed in the above console command, then the issue isn't with the mod.

It's when your mod is installed that this happens
Last edited by Vuyfield; Aug 25, 2022 @ 2:02pm
Gregory365  [developer] Aug 26, 2022 @ 5:40am 
Ok, The above command is for resolving stuck trains when the mod is removed, not when it is installed.

If trains are staying in the station with the mod installed, then I would assume the timetable hasn't been setup correctly.

If you think the timetable is correct, can you give some more details? Include the arrival, expected departure, and actual depart of the train. As well as the arrival and departure times in the timetable for that trains line.
Vuyfield Aug 27, 2022 @ 7:10pm 
Originally posted by Gregory365:
Ok, The above command is for resolving stuck trains when the mod is removed, not when it is installed.

If trains are staying in the station with the mod installed, then I would assume the timetable hasn't been set up correctly.

If you think the timetable is correct, can you give some more details? Include the arrival, expected departure, and actual depart of the train. As well as the arrival and departure times in the timetable for that train line.

So, the frequency of my trains is 6 minutes which means that each arrival is an interval of 0, 6, 12, etc. The departure is 30 seconds after arriving. ( A train arrives at 6 and then departs at 6:30.)

The issue is that the trains are not departing at all even when it is 6:30 or any other departures indicated. I don't know if it's because I replaced the original mod with yours or something like that.
Username_dot_com Sep 7, 2022 @ 11:48am 
Is this mod something I can add to an existing save? I'm assuming yes, but I figured I'd make sure.
Gregory365  [developer] Sep 7, 2022 @ 1:03pm 
Originally posted by Username_dot_com:
Is this mod something I can add to an existing save? I'm assuming yes, but I figured I'd make sure.

Yes.
First, create a backup of the current save game.
Then download this mod and put it in your mod folder.
When you go to load the save game, disable the official timetables mod (if you have it) and enable this one.
Mackintosh Nov 18, 2022 @ 7:40am 
Was the solution to trains getting stuck ever found?

Occasionally a train will get stuck and there's nothing you can do other than sell it and hope it doesn't happen again. If it does, The only solution seems to be to trash the whole timetable and try again. Probably a bug in the code somewhere, but I'm no coder. I've only seen this happen twice in over 40 hours on the save I'm currently playing. Once it resolved on its own after I sold the train, the other time I had to redo the timetable from scratch.
Gregory365  [developer] Nov 18, 2022 @ 2:06pm 
Originally posted by Mackintosh:
Was the solution to trains getting stuck ever found?

Occasionally a train will get stuck and there's nothing you can do other than sell it and hope it doesn't happen again. If it does, The only solution seems to be to trash the whole timetable and try again. Probably a bug in the code somewhere, but I'm no coder. I've only seen this happen twice in over 40 hours on the save I'm currently playing. Once it resolved on its own after I sold the train, the other time I had to redo the timetable from scratch.

No, it has never been solved as I have never been able to reproduce the bug with the information that's been given.

I did have a scan though the code that was responsible for calculating the time vehicles depart but couldn't see anything wrong with it. This code also has tests to verify it, and they are passing. The issue happens in very particular conditions that I am currently unaware of.

If you have a save file with a stuck vehicle then that might help in finding the cause.
Mackintosh Nov 19, 2022 @ 12:31pm 
I'm afraid I never play vanilla, and the save I'm having this issue on features 1024 mods, so I doubt a save file will do you any good. I'll see if I can get around to do some testing on vanilla - but the bug is so rare, I don't think I can stomach running a 40 hour game without mods :)
Mackintosh Jan 27, 2023 @ 8:10am 
Bit of a necro post here, but I think I finally figured out what was causing the trains to get stuck - it's the Dynamic Arrivals Board mod. How - I wouldn't have a clue, but since I removed it, I haven't had a single train get stuck.
Gregory365  [developer] Jan 28, 2023 @ 6:30am 
Originally posted by Mackintosh:
Bit of a necro post here, but I think I finally figured out what was causing the trains to get stuck - it's the Dynamic Arrivals Board mod. How - I wouldn't have a clue, but since I removed it, I haven't had a single train get stuck.

That's definitely a possibility as I believe the Dynamic Arrivals Board does read the timetable, but I would say its unlikely. I have been re-writing portions of this mod that most likely will solve this bug even though I don't know the specific cause. It will 'clean up' vehicles that are stopped that shouldn't be.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50