Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

Missile Mayhem
AsterixChaos  [developer] Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:46pm
Missile Mayhem Feedback
This discussion thread is for feedback on the design and visual elements of Missile Mayhem. In order to help me to continually improve and develop better products for the player base, please let me know what you like most in the map, what you like least, and anything that you would like to see done differently.

Thanks very much for your feedback and interest in my work! I do it all for you, the players. Thanks for making Ace of Spades such a great game.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
YetiChow Nov 6, 2013 @ 9:14pm 
You might want to check out my own take at this concept, "Asteroid Attack" - it was made when the editor was still in beta, so it's nowhere near as polished as yours; but it does IMO do one thing very well.

That thing is "storm the beaches" style assault - an idea I had for playing Occupation mode where the defenders start off strong and get swarmed by constantly strengthening attackers. The short summary is that attackers get a range of spawns 3/4 surrounding the bomb target, while the defenders get a clustered and very defensive spawn fortress with lots of cover, sniping positions, obstacles and crates. As the bombs spawn, however, the pressure mounts - the map is designed for several bombs at once, although even a single bomb can be challenging since the defenders start off in a last stand position with attackers spawning right on their doorstep as well as at the bomb spawn/s. It comes down to tactics - the defenders are stuck defending, they don't get a chance to go sapping the bomb or spawncamping the attackers, but they're able to put up one hell of a fight from the start so the Blues need to really work together to drive a wedge into one of the few "weakpoints" (the weakest one being the front door, weakpoint is a relative term in this map... :P)

feel free to take my experiment for any occupation maps you make - I think you might enjoy the change of pace, and it has an intense "ready or not, here we come" vibe which I think will mesh well into your map series
AsterixChaos  [developer] Nov 9, 2013 @ 5:04am 
Oh, I DO like that! Yeah, I'll definitely check that one out once I'm back on my feet! Thanks!!
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50