Warframe

Warframe

Jotunheim's Trident I Polearm Skin V2
Arondight Aug 24, 2019 @ 2:04am
I like it a lot, but i prefer if it's not double bladed like a spear is supposed to be
Because we don't have that yet in game. This might be the solution for it.

Edit : now the creator has changed the name from Jotunheim's Spear to trident, so no need to discuss about spears anymore cause it's a trident.
Last edited by Arondight; Aug 27, 2019 @ 4:24am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Hayden Spirit Aug 24, 2019 @ 5:41am 
yeah and it's a bit wide (the blade) but the rest is perfect
AngelFetus Aug 24, 2019 @ 7:16am 
Since when do spears one have a single edge?
Arondight Aug 24, 2019 @ 7:39am 
Originally posted by Kos or some say Kosm:
Since when do spears one have a single edge?
Since The Stone Age.
Xalos Aug 24, 2019 @ 9:35am 
Honesty the spear itself looks like a nice future version of the Carolingian-style 10th century viking spear. Where the spear had wings. The head also reminds me of a Yari or Chinese Halberd polearm. Honesty I like the style of this spear, it looks lovely decorated. Also the creator labelled it as a Polearm skin, that's exactly what they gave out.
Last edited by Xalos; Aug 24, 2019 @ 9:37am
Unless you're referring to the extra blades around the main blade, which I think look cool, the "since the stone age" remark sounds kind of snarky, and is incorrect. Spears were meant for stabbing, which this one looks capable of. It seems to me you're mixing them up with Glaives (not the warframe kind, google it). That's a different thing altogether and probably not what the creator was looking for.
Lint Aug 24, 2019 @ 1:01pm 
I believe the OP is referring to the extra set of pokey bits on the "bottom" of the spear. I do wish more weapons were like the Sydon and only had the pokey bits on one end of the weapon, though I fear that this might be a standard that is beyond the artist's control.
Last edited by Lint; Aug 24, 2019 @ 1:01pm
Yuukii Aug 24, 2019 @ 1:44pm 
It can't only have one blade cuz that wouldn't make sense lmao there are no "lances" in game there are polearms with which you hit with both sides, thus having 2 blades makes more sense, at least to me
rock Aug 24, 2019 @ 6:39pm 
It's a trident though.
AngelFetus Aug 25, 2019 @ 2:35am 
Originally posted by 👽:
Unless you're referring to the extra blades around the main blade, which I think look cool, the "since the stone age" remark sounds kind of snarky, and is incorrect. Spears were meant for stabbing, which this one looks capable of. It seems to me you're mixing them up with Glaives (not the warframe kind, google it). That's a different thing altogether and probably not what the creator was looking for.
That's exactly what I thought; if someone said "a single-bladed spear" I would have thought of a glaive or maaaaaaybe one of those dark fantasy "halberds" that look nothing like an actual one.

Pretty much every spear I know of has a point with a double-edged blade (albeit terrible at cutting). This one reminds me more of a Partisan though.
Winternacht Aug 25, 2019 @ 10:39am 
+
Rail Aug 25, 2019 @ 5:17pm 
spears never had one edge lol, you might talk about naginatas and similar weapons that are not existing since the stone age :p
Arondight Aug 25, 2019 @ 5:52pm 
Originally posted by 👽:
yeah that's what I meant spear that looks like for stabbing and is not double-bladed like this image sir : https://www.zombiesplayground.com/boar-spear-by-cold-steel.
Arondight Aug 25, 2019 @ 5:54pm 
Originally posted by Lint Wizard:
I believe the OP is referring to the extra set of pokey bits on the "bottom" of the spear. I do wish more weapons were like the Sydon and only had the pokey bits on one end of the weapon, though I fear that this might be a standard that is beyond the artist's control.
yeah that's exactly what i meant. Thank you.
Arondight Aug 25, 2019 @ 5:55pm 
Originally posted by Rail:
spears never had one edge lol, you might talk about naginatas and similar weapons that are not existing since the stone age :p
what is this weapon called then?stone-stick? https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Spear
Arondight Aug 25, 2019 @ 5:57pm 
Originally posted by GrayScale:
It's a trident though.
Creator changed the name from Jotunheim's Spear to trident.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 1530 50