Dota 2
Watcher of Samsara
Stay Dec 27, 2019 @ 6:51am
Beating purgatory without a hero
Any1 was able to do it?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Pain Dec 27, 2019 @ 10:26am 
Done up to hard. Failed nightmare towards the last few waves. Did you beat torment without hero? What setup?
Stay Dec 27, 2019 @ 11:47am 
I did beat it several times on torment using :
alpha wolf
chaotic golem
plague ward
serpent ward
tforest troll priest
ancient black dragon
ancient thunderhide
ancient provler shaman
Last edited by Stay; Dec 27, 2019 @ 11:55am
Lahoo Eckbert Dec 28, 2019 @ 10:21am 
Beat purgatory once. I'm 100% sure I had antimage, but don't remember what else I had.
It was on the one before the most recent patch.
But I'd say Spectre/AM with the combination of luna or drow or mirana(or similar buffers) can do purgatory.
Stay Dec 28, 2019 @ 10:41am 
bro without a hero
Bradley Dragon Dec 28, 2019 @ 6:32pm 
Originally posted by Stay:
alpha wolf
chaotic golem
plague ward
serpent ward
tforest troll priest
ancient black dragon
ancient thunderhide
ancient provler shaman

um i think you ment wild boar not trolll priest. your units miss out on a ♥♥♥♥ lead of damage without the boar buff from alpha wolf
Stay Dec 29, 2019 @ 11:18pm 
Originally posted by Bradley Dragon:
alpha wolf
chaotic golem
plague ward
serpent ward
tforest troll priest
ancient black dragon
ancient thunderhide
ancient provler shaman

um i think you ment wild boar not trolll priest. your units miss out on a ♥♥♥♥ lead of damage without the boar buff from alpha wolf

No I meant troll priest his slow is supreme , boar is not gonna help you with this so much
You did beat it using boar?
Trevis Jan 4 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by Bradley Dragon:

No I meant troll priest his slow is supreme , boar is not gonna help you with this so much
You did beat it using boar?

nah this bradley dragon guy is a noob, he thought it was impossible to beat purgatory, and called me a liar for saying I beat roshan in 4 seconds and said did it on an easier mode even though I literally posted screen shots trying to help him. Can't you have blight soul + chaotic golem? using both of their gaze would do huge damage and make chaotic golem and ancient dragon with plate scale or whatever it's called hero level. Also Ogre + foreman I've had ogre compete with hero damage before, the ogres 800% crit with 20% chance is huge. Haven't tested any of these, but I think some variations could help possibly
Stay Jan 6 @ 3:58am 
Interesting thanks for advice but I can not have a room for foreman + ogre. Maybe I should swap thunderrhide for that . I did fail multiple times on rex even with all units having mana burn and bloodthorns
But I will try to swap thunderhide and troll priest for foreman and ogre
Stay Jan 6 @ 4:00am 
And yea will try to use blight soul instead of priest as well
I just went through Purgatory without Heroes and Runes.
Here is my build before Round 45:

Melee / Ranged Dire creep
Kobolt soldier + Orge Bruiser (It is important to put them side by side, so that both get AS buff) + Kobolt Foreman + Ogre Frostmage ( for permafrost and stunlock by Ogre Bruiser)
Ancient Dragon + Ancient Shaman

After round 45, I changed “Kobolt soldier” and “Ogre Frostmage” to “Dark Troll Priest” + “Eidolon”. %dmg and %resist reductions too OP.

I was lucky, and I was able to get the Black Dragon 2* already in the 11th round, so at the 20th Round I turned on “Overload” at 10. In my opinion, the most problematic waves are:

20: Easy to pass with armor penetration, Asault Cuirass or Withered Blade.
21: Need MKB for the Black Dragon or “Vigil Triumph" for Ogre, Mjollnir is useless here.
28: Sentry ward.
37: Need a lot of Meteor Hammer 6, or more.
45: Need 5-6 BloodThorns.
47: 6+ Manta Style helps a lot.
48: Dark Priest + Eidolon + Drums. It is Important to 4+ Drums and use one after another to maintain the damage buff.
49: Dark Priest + Meteor Hammer.
50: The same as with the 48th wave.

In the 46th Round, for some reason I turned on “Overload” at 20 and almost lost in the 49th round, it was pure luck that I survived it. My priority for buying item for Soul Crystals was Ogre> Dragon> Eidolon> Dark Priest. I think if I first bought items for the Dragon, then he would have accumulated more stacks (at the time of killing Roshan it was ~ 4100).

After round 50, I used Drums all the time, constantly updating charges (by the way, you can just buy recipes) because I was not sure that I could hold the remaining waves. And still, I almost lost to Roshan, there was only 11 seconds left.

I think if you replace the Melee / Ranged Dire Creeps to Ghost / Ancient Lizard, it will be a little easier, with a chance of instant killings and chainlock. But it’s better to do it near the end of the game, probably the same at ~ 45 Round. Because + 200% Crit Damage is too good for the Dragon.

https://imgur.com/a/LMhNPYs
Stay Jan 8 @ 2:19am 
Wow nice gonna try it thanks a lot!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50