Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Holocomm (video calling in Gmod)
MattyKaratty Mar 31, 2019 @ 9:06am
Possible entity version or one that works with text instead of voice?
Hello.

Title says it all, really. Is there plans to make an entity version where we can throw it around and interact with it as a group instead of it just being a swep, and will there be support for text instead of the need for voice chat?

Sorry if I'm asking you to do the gmod equivalent of do a quadruple backflip off a truck going 60 km/hr and landing it perfectly--I don't really know much about lua or anything like that.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
OfficiallyNeverHere  [developer] Mar 31, 2019 @ 10:28am 
You would need to be more specific, I need exact details
MattyKaratty Mar 31, 2019 @ 10:35am 
Originally posted by OfficiallyNeverHere:
You would need to be more specific, I need exact details

Sorry.
Take the Stream Radio as an example.
Like being able to set the name of the comm, and what prop it could use from a certain list.
Walk up to it and press e and it acts like one of those Ham radios from Clockwork HL2RP, alongside showing a video feed on the other side.
MattyKaratty Apr 1, 2019 @ 4:11am 
LMFAO.
WHY DOES ANAKIN LOOK LIKE HE'S GOING DOWN ON PALPATINE.

But uh, no, not that.
Nothing 3d or anything.
Think of like an RT Camera but you can communicate by typing instead of talking.
OfficiallyNeverHere  [developer] Apr 1, 2019 @ 5:26am 
Well I am not 100% sure if it works but I made this holocomm from the base of another addon I did that allowed players to remotely activate objects. Included with that addon was the ability to type messages and I believe if you type in the white rectangles to the right of a persons name you can send a text message that way. And setting it up to be an entity would be wonky.
MattyKaratty Apr 1, 2019 @ 6:28am 
Originally posted by OfficiallyNeverHere:
Well I am not 100% sure if it works but I made this holocomm from the base of another addon I did that allowed players to remotely activate objects. Included with that addon was the ability to type messages and I believe if you type in the white rectangles to the right of a persons name you can send a text message that way. And setting it up to be an entity would be wonky.

Roger.
Thanks for the quick responses by the way friend :)
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50