Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Quake 3 Gmod
Bots?
Is there any way to get working bots if I just wanna play by myself? I know the main Quake III has bots, so I don't think it would be too hard to duplicate them. I might be wrong though, so let me know if I am.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Razor Ward Jan 3, 2018 @ 3:45pm 
I want to know about this too.
Gojisaurus_Rex Jan 3, 2018 @ 6:10pm 
Originally posted by Razor Ward:
I want to know about this too.
Good, I'm not alone.
haker Jan 5, 2018 @ 7:33pm 
It would be very difficult to make bots work in this mod. Quake 3 was made on a different engine, compared to gmod being on source engine. And as you can see, the AI in source is lacking, and would be unable to do many things that quake bots can.
Gojisaurus_Rex Jan 5, 2018 @ 10:14pm 
Originally posted by haker:
It would be very difficult to make bots work in this mod. Quake 3 was made on a different engine, compared to gmod being on source engine. And as you can see, the AI in source is lacking, and would be unable to do many things that quake bots can.
Hm.
Do you have any suggestions for playing the gamemode by myself? I have a hard time working with Gmod servers.
nizam Mar 13, 2018 @ 4:53am 
Originally posted by Gojisaurus_Rex:
Is there any way to get working bots if I just wanna play by myself? I know the main Quake III has bots, so I don't think it would be too hard to duplicate them. I might be wrong though, so let me know if I am.
Is there playermodels too tho?
Gojisaurus_Rex Mar 14, 2018 @ 6:06pm 
Originally posted by Mr. Dodge:
Originally posted by Gojisaurus_Rex:
Is there playermodels too tho?
I think there was a seperate addon he released for that. Not sure. I know playermodels are part of it in some way, and I also know that one of my things I have of his in the Quake III package is a seperate addon.
Gojisaurus_Rex Mar 14, 2018 @ 6:14pm 
Maybe you could find someone who works with nav meshes in the source engine (something found in games like TF2 and L4D) so that the person could help you make nav meshes for the maps in the addon along with your own nav mesh piece types exclusive to the addon (if that is possible, seeing slender fortress in tf2 makes me assume it is) (TF2's bots would probably be better if they weren't basically abandoned) For example: similar to how TF2 has spots for sniping, jumping, falling, and building, their could be special spots for rocket jumps, falling, jumping, and other stuff. Of course, if you/they can't make new stuff, you/they can use the built-in Gmod nav mesh stuff. After all, the bots in Quake III didn't rocket jump anyways without the right command.
Last edited by Gojisaurus_Rex; Mar 14, 2018 @ 6:15pm
Standarts Mar 20, 2018 @ 6:11am 
Nextbot base.
Gojisaurus_Rex Mar 20, 2018 @ 5:24pm 
Originally posted by Serious Headhunter:
Nextbot base.
When I lose laziness I'll go look at what that is. Sounds interesting.
Dugglet McNugglet Jul 21, 2020 @ 12:05am 
spawn NPCs :P
Gojisaurus_Rex Aug 6, 2020 @ 3:19pm 
Originally posted by Dugglet McNugglet:
spawn NPCs :P
i completely forgot about any of this honestly
H4RP00N 77 0X Apr 24, 2021 @ 11:52pm 
I think I found a solution. From Github, you can find with addon called Leadbots. That way, you can be able to have bots move around the map and they can fight, as long as the Quake maps are generated, which can be done so with the Steam Workshop addon called Nav Mesh Generator (usefull for nextbot), where you can just type "Generate" in the console in a certain map and you can spawn the Leadbots for multiplayer. That's how I was able to play with bots in Sandbox and I even was even to Generate a Quake 3 map, which took an hour to generate and load. But now it can be possible to play the bots in Quake 3 Gmod with the tasks said above. Hope that help you guys out. :)
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50