Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

RP_downtown_evilmelon_v1
Orb Wife Feb 7, 2015 @ 4:00pm
Attempting to create unknown particle system 'water_faucet'
Hi, just wanna start off by saying that this is our server's preffered map; we love it to death and very much appreciate that you made it. :)

Now, this bug only recently began plaguing us when we switched back to this map from another map (rp_simpcity). We haven't been able to discern much of a pattern of when it occurs, but whenever it does it creates some lag for the server like there was a lua change while it's online.

Do you have anything you can suggest? We would very much appreciate the feedback!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Sven Feb 18, 2015 @ 9:02am 
I'm also getting this error ^ BUMP
I get this error too... it lags out peoples games somtimes and I think crash's my server... around 3-4 times a day. Does anyone know if there is a fix to it?
Orb Wife Mar 1, 2015 @ 6:46pm 
No pattern established yet. Bumping for hope.
Ya it just happens... sometimes
Wup Aug 3, 2015 @ 8:56pm 
I think he forgot the pakfile it in, can you get the specific name of the particle effect(IE:<game>\particles\<particlename>.gcf)?
AvoxPaine Sep 29, 2015 @ 6:20pm 
Same here.
Wup Oct 1, 2015 @ 4:43pm 
If this happens to anybody, add me(make a comment here first so I know you are adding me), and I can get you the water_facet particle system...
AvoxPaine Oct 1, 2015 @ 5:04pm 
Originally posted by Wup:
If this happens to anybody, add me(make a comment here first so I know you are adding me), and I can get you the water_facet particle system...

Adding.
Wup Oct 1, 2015 @ 5:22pm 
This[www.tophattwaffle.com] is the link for the particle effect. Place it in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\particles

Hope it helped!
Originally posted by Francois Motierre ☭:
Hi, just wanna start off by saying that this is our server's preffered map; we love it to death and very much appreciate that you made it. :)

Now, this bug only recently began plaguing us when we switched back to this map from another map (rp_simpcity). We haven't been able to discern much of a pattern of when it occurs, but whenever it does it creates some lag for the server like there was a lua change while it's online.

Do you have anything you can suggest? We would very much appreciate the feedback!
Having the same problem cant find a fix :/
Wup Nov 13, 2019 @ 8:08pm 
Originally posted by Tucker Injustice Gaming:
Originally posted by Francois Motierre ☭:

Having the same problem cant find a fix :/

I realized my previous solution was in 2015 and the download link was broken.

Here[www.tophattwaffle.com] is a link to the dynamic water particle effect, which should solve the issue.

To install it, download the zip file and copy the contents of the "particles" folder into your server's corresponding particles folder.

Let me know if you have questions.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50