Conan Exiles

Conan Exiles

Emberlight 2.1.9
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Dr. Nash  [developer] Mar 26, 2019 @ 5:33pm
Quickstart Guide - Homestead
Emberlight has its own slightly modified version of farming, which we've tweaked the base game's farming system to work with. The most important change to understand is Ranch Water. Ranch Water is a multi-purpose item, used for growing plants and caring for animals.

Changes to the Base Game

Planters and Compost Heap

Emberlight modifies base game planters as well as the compost heaps to use our recipes for growing plants and producing compost. Compost has been updated to use the following recipe:

Plant Fiber + Dry Plant Material + Ranch Water

For recipes to grow plants, read on to the sections below.

Other Changes

• Cactus wine is now crafted from cacti. Begin with Prickly Pears (harvested from cacti) and place them in the Fluid Press. Ferment the resulting Cactus Pulp to create Cactus Wine.

Ranch Water

1. Purchase any feat which teaches you the Water bucket recipe. The recipe is available in the Water Collector feat, as well as the introductory Animal Husbandry and Horticulture feats. Craft a Water Bucket

2. Fill a water bucket at any water source, just as you would a water skin.

3. "Empty" a full water bucket into any Homestead crafting machine (such as a planter or animal pen) by dropping it into that machine's inventory. This will generate 100 Ranch Water.

Horticulture

Growing common plants:

In any Emberlight or base game planter: Compost + Ranch Water + any seed

Growing Lotus plants:

In any Emberlight or base game planter: Potent Compost + Ranch Water + Lotus seeds

Growing aquatic plants:

In any Emberlight water planter: Ranch Water + Phykos clippings OR Blue Goop

Growing mushrooms:

In any Emberlight mushroom box: Potent Compost + Ranch Water + mushrooms

IMPORTANT: You must use the "Grow" option from the radial menu to begin the growing process of a planter or mushroom box. You will only need to do this once, each time you begin growing a new plant. Additionally, you will not see the output from growing Emberlight plants until you open the planter's inventory again. We have made the planters this way to ensure they use as little server overhead as necessary to do their work.

Wine Maker

Getting Started

Find the Vintner's Journal by hunting Exile NPCs in the Exiled Lands. Opening the journal will provide you with the necessary feats as well as grape seeds to get you started.

Arbor

Once you have the Wine Maker feat, you can build an Arbor (along with trellises and decorative ivy) at the Horticulturist's Bench. The arbor can be used to grow vines

Growing grapes at the Arbor

Compost + Grape Seeds + Ranch Water

Growing vines at the Arbor

You can build an Arbor at the Horticulture Bench. Use the arbor to plant either grapes or vines. If you are growing vines, you can use the radial menu to change the appearance of the Arbor.

IMPORTANT: You must use the "Grow" option from the radial menu to begin the growing process of an Arbor. You will only need to do this once, each time you begin growing a new plant. Additionally, you will not see the output from growing Emberlight plants until you open the Arbor's inventory again. We have made the Arbor this way to ensure it uses as little server overhead as necessary to do its work.

Trellis

Build decorative trellises at the Horticulturist's Bench. Once placed, use the radial menu to alter their appearance.

Decorative Ivy

A number of different decorative ivy items can be crafted at the Horticulturist's Bench

Animal Husbandry

Where to find babies for animal pens:

Rabbit: Rabbits do not have babies in the wild, so you simply need to pick up normal wild rabbits as you would a baby animal

Deer, Antelope & Gazelle: These animal pens all use the same Fawn babies, found wherever the adults spawn

Ostrich: Found in areas where adult ostriches spawn

Boar: Found in areas where adult boars spawn

Shoebill/Jungle Bird: Eggs can be purchased from a merchant in the wild

Mountain Goat: Harvested from slain adults with a 10% drop chance. Any harvesting tool will work equally well

Once you have an animal pen built, place a baby animal in its inventory. When you close the inventory, the baby item will be consumed and it will be spawned in the pen as a productive member of barbarian society. Every animal pen can hold up to 8 animals.

To begin producing resources, place food and Ranch Water inside a pen. You can find an animal's favorite food in the Animal Pen info screen (accessed via the radial menu). All animals have a variety of other foods they will eat, based on their type.

Like planters, animal pens will only produce output when you open their inventory again after properly setting up the animals, water and food. You will not see any output when you mouseover the pen.

Sericulture

Find the Sericulture feat as well as Silk Worms to begin using a silkworm habitat by slaying Lemurians in the jungle region of the map.

Feeding the Grey-Flower Lupine plant to the habitat will produce cocoons. Boil the cocoons with Ranch Water on a stove to produce gossamer.

Coffee

Hunt Darfari to find the Tale of the Goat Herder. Follow those instructions to make sweet lifegiving coffee.

Tiny Friends

Hunt any T3 or Legendary humanoid NPCs to obtain a Mysterious Bell. Using a Mysterious Bell in your inventory will reward you with a random Tiny Friend.

Configurability

To change the quantity and rate of production for Homestead planters and pens:
  • Make sure you are in admin mode
  • Activate the radial menu on any Homestead placeable and select Admin Settings
Last edited by Dr. Nash; Dec 29, 2019 @ 8:15am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Lord Hacksalot Jul 19, 2019 @ 1:45am 
dose it make the plants give seeds when they grow? or do i need another seed mod?
Dr. Nash  [developer] Jul 19, 2019 @ 1:52am 
Originally posted by Lord Hacksalot:
dose it make the plants give seeds when they grow? or do i need another seed mod?

Hacks, our gardens and planters all produce seeds. :) Although some plants are easier to make self-sustaining than others.
PoroParoni Jul 26, 2019 @ 11:20pm 
where I build boar pen. I have unlocked the feat, but I can only find the rabbit pen.
Dr. Nash  [developer] Jul 27, 2019 @ 2:47am 
Originally posted by PoroParoni:
where I build boar pen. I have unlocked the feat, but I can only find the rabbit pen.

You need the Exotic Gamer Keeper feat. :)
Dalabrae Aug 1, 2019 @ 5:19am 
Are we meant to be able to grow the Grey Lupine Flower leaves, or do we still have to collect all of them from the wild still.
Dr. Nash  [developer] Aug 1, 2019 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Dalabrae:
Are we meant to be able to grow the Grey Lupine Flower leaves, or do we still have to collect all of them from the wild still.

Any planter will produce them along with Grey Lupine. :)
Dalabrae Aug 2, 2019 @ 12:52am 
Originally posted by Dr. Nash:

That's what I thought happened when it tested it on my solo game, but it isn't working on my server, also in the original planters I don't need ranch water.
Dr. Nash  [developer] Aug 2, 2019 @ 8:07pm 
Originally posted by Dalabrae:
Originally posted by Dr. Nash:

That's what I thought happened when it tested it on my solo game, but it isn't working on my server, also in the original planters I don't need ranch water.

You probably have another mod overwriting those planters. Only one mod can modify them at a time, and it will always be the mod lower down in your load order that takes priority.
KnifeEar Aug 5, 2019 @ 2:21pm 
So like the person said with the boar pen, I too am only seeing the rabbit pen. And I do have the exotic Game Keeper feat.
https://i.gyazo.com/1c53bcfa80010f6474bf6fd087f12957.png
https://i.gyazo.com/7bb439206a98b930f1a3036c4aad2cec.png
https://i.gyazo.com/f9e7207ff924d5ae51cca14e6a23939b.png
Dr. Nash  [developer] Aug 5, 2019 @ 9:21pm 
Originally posted by KnifeEar:
So like the person said with the boar pen, I too am only seeing the rabbit pen. And I do have the exotic Game Keeper feat.
https://i.gyazo.com/1c53bcfa80010f6474bf6fd087f12957.png
https://i.gyazo.com/7bb439206a98b930f1a3036c4aad2cec.png
https://i.gyazo.com/f9e7207ff924d5ae51cca14e6a23939b.png

I'm not sure what's going on here, but if you stop by our Discord, we'll see if we can get it squared away. :)
Syvidion Aug 7, 2019 @ 3:20pm 
I have not been able to find the sericulture book on anyone. Is there something or somewhere special I need to do or a place to go for it?
Furbal Aug 19, 2019 @ 8:04am 
Is there a guide somewhere that shows the specific foods the various pens will use? I know to click on it and see the "preferred" food, but what about "acceptable" foods? Like the ostrich pet, i found in a wiki somewhere where they eat berries, grubs, and insects so that gives me 4 options for them. I'd like to know that kind of thing for all the pens so I'm not panicking when I run out of one type of berry for instance. And I LOVE the mod!
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 15 30 50