Medieval Engineers

Medieval Engineers

Equinox Core
Kuboczoch Oct 7, 2019 @ 3:59pm
Game loading stops at 99%
I can't join my server which uses this mod. Downloaded today.

Any help?
Last edited by Kuboczoch; Oct 7, 2019 @ 4:00pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Maverick044 Feb 5, 2021 @ 8:00am 
I'm having the same issue
d-dubs Mar 7, 2021 @ 6:47am 
Same issue. Here's my Mod list on a *brand new* server instance (starting at the Engineer's Guildhouse):

Id = '1668780689', Name = 'Automated Torches'

Dedicated server. Automated torches depends on Equinox mod.

Seeing this in the client log:

2021-03-06 10:23:31.187|Main Thread> Error: Caught exception in MyNetworkReader: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Equinox76561198048419394.Core.Stats.MyObjectBuilder_EquiVoxelEffectComponent' to type 'VRage.Network.IMyReplicable'.
at VRage.Network.MyReplicationClient.ProcessReplicationCreateStreamed(MyPacket packet)
at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyMultiplayerClient.OnReplicationBeginCreate(MyPacket packet)
at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.ProcessMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, TimeSpan timestamp, TimeSpan receivedTimestamp)
at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.HandleMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, TimeSpan timestamp, TimeSpan receivedTime)
at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.ProcessMessages(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, TimeSpan delay)
at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.Process(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, TimeSpan delay)
at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyNetworkReader.Process(TimeSpan lag)

Server config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<MyConfigDedicated xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<SessionSettings>
<GameMode>Survival</GameMode>
<InventorySizeMultiplier>1</InventorySizeMultiplier>
<OnlineMode>PUBLIC</OnlineMode>
<MaxPlayers>6</MaxPlayers>
<MaxFloatingObjects>128</MaxFloatingObjects>
<MaxBackupSaves>20</MaxBackupSaves>
<EnableSpectator>false</EnableSpectator>
<EnableCopyPaste>false</EnableCopyPaste>
<ShowPlayerNamesOnHud>true</ShowPlayerNamesOnHud>
<AutoSaveInMinutes>5</AutoSaveInMinutes>
<ProceduralSeed>0</ProceduralSeed>
<DestructibleBlocks>true</DestructibleBlocks>
<ViewDistance>2600</ViewDistance>
<Enable3rdPersonView>true</Enable3rdPersonView>
<EnableSunRotation>true</EnableSunRotation>
<PhysicsIterations>4</PhysicsIterations>
<SunRotationIntervalMinutes>266.842957</SunRotationIntervalMinutes>
<DaysPerSeason>20</DaysPerSeason>
<MaxSolarAltitude>0.41</MaxSolarAltitude>
<EnableVoxelDestruction>true</EnableVoxelDestruction>
<EnableStructuralSimulation>true</EnableStructuralSimulation>
<MessageOfTheDay />
<ServerSideChatLogging>true</ServerSideChatLogging>
<EnableLargeDynamicGridDecay>true</EnableLargeDynamicGridDecay>
<MaximumBots>5</MaximumBots>
<EnableHostileAI>true</EnableHostileAI>
<EnableFastTravel>true</EnableFastTravel>
<EnableTravelReachability>true</EnableTravelReachability>
<MaxActiveFracturePieces>50</MaxActiveFracturePieces>
</SessionSettings>
<Scenario Type="ScenarioDefinition" Subtype="SafeAreaStart" />
<LoadWorld>C:\ProgramData\MedievalEngineersDedicated\Abernath\Saves\Abernath</LoadWorld>
<IP>0.0.0.0</IP>
<SteamPort>8766</SteamPort>
<ServerPort>27018</ServerPort>
<Administrators />
<Banned />
<Mods>
<unsignedLong>1668780689</unsignedLong>
</Mods>
<GroupID>0</GroupID>
<ServerName>Home</ServerName>
<WorldName>Abernath</WorldName>
<PauseGameWhenEmpty>true</PauseGameWhenEmpty>
<IgnoreLastSession>false</IgnoreLastSession>
<RemoteApiEnabled>false</RemoteApiEnabled>
<PublicRemoteApiEnabled>false</PublicRemoteApiEnabled>
<RemoteSecurityKey>&lt;Click Generate&gt;</RemoteSecurityKey>
<RemoteApiPort>15336</RemoteApiPort>
</MyConfigDedicated>
Last edited by d-dubs; Mar 8, 2021 @ 5:16pm
shortybsd May 18, 2021 @ 12:23am 
This mod is completely broke after last Medieval Engineers update. It really sucks because Re:Plant uses this as a dependency. I really hope mod author pushes an update or releases the source so me or someone else can push updates to this.
Last edited by shortybsd; May 18, 2021 @ 12:28am
d-dubs May 18, 2021 @ 4:35pm 
If you're running this on a server (not sure if hosting for Friends is the same) but the server doesn't pull down mods anymore. Steam did an upgrade that affected ME servers and Keen isn't pushing any more fixes or updates to ME so all the mod downloads don't happen on new installs of the ME server. You have to download the server mod yourself and install it in the right location on the server. Not an easy task but doable. That's what fixed this problem for me. I use this mod everyday on my server.

If you're playing Single player, then the mods still get downloaded by the client automatically. So this problem shouldn't happen in that case.
shortybsd May 18, 2021 @ 7:57pm 
Originally posted by d-dubs:
If you're running this on a server (not sure if hosting for Friends is the same) but the server doesn't pull down mods anymore. Steam did an upgrade that affected ME servers and Keen isn't pushing any more fixes or updates to ME so all the mod downloads don't happen on new installs of the ME server. You have to download the server mod yourself and install it in the right location on the server. Not an easy task but doable. That's what fixed this problem for me. I use this mod everyday on my server.

If you're playing Single player, then the mods still get downloaded by the client automatically. So this problem shouldn't happen in that case.
Yes, on my dedicated server I downloaded all the mods manually, unzipped mod to a folder then renamed to only the mod ID. They all work fine. This mod though has a major issue with last ME update, has been broke ever since.

For anyone wanting to know to properly copy mods over to your dedicated server, if you have Medieval Engineers non steam addition, copy your mods from %appdata%\MedievalEngineers\Mods
on Steam Edition of ME it will be under where Steam is installed, example: Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\333950. Everything under there is all the mods you downloaded on your client-side.
Last edited by shortybsd; May 18, 2021 @ 8:04pm
ジョニー Feb 7, 2023 @ 7:36am 
Hi,
I can't confirm this method...
I tried to upload only this mod from my already downloaded mods > loading screen stucks at 99%
Is there a difference between a rented and selfhosted server?

I once set up a DS(steam edition which is included in ME) on my pc and arranged everything for dynamic IP; connected my laptop to the wifi hotspot(phone) to make sure I'm not on the same network.
Server found, can connect and play no stuck... works perfectly but I just don't want that, with these electricity prices...

same settings/mods(only this) on rented server > stucks at 99%
What am I doing wrong?
d-dubs Feb 7, 2023 @ 6:01pm 
You should check the server logs. I know the experience on personal server (DS) is the same as a rented (hosted) server -- you still have to put the mods in the server's directory yourself. This may be resolved by the Community Edition, I haven't tried it.

The server logs should give an indication as to what's going on. Something is failing and you'll have to sniff out the cause. Google can be helpful with the error message(s).

You should also try a different mod - single one. Switch out the mod you want with another mod and give it a go. Definitely try to confirm it works without mods also.

Hadn't thought of adding in another network for the client. I always hosted on the same network. Cool idea tho!
Last edited by d-dubs; Feb 8, 2023 @ 6:54pm
ジョニー Feb 8, 2023 @ 2:48pm 
localhost DS > log file no abnormalities
rented DS > log file says this: (even if i repair/reinstall the server with a new save)
this happens as soon as equinox core is installed

can't find anything about on google...

(I added first line is just for orientation where to find in the log file 26th line/entry if you're looking for this in your logfile)

Main Thread>Havok> Info: HkGameName: MedievalEngineers Release
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.Entities.Entity.Stats.Effects.EffectOperationEffect.MyEffectOperationEffect
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.Replication.ReplicatedComponentAttribute
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type VRage.Game.ObjectBuilders.MyObjectBuilder_EntityStatRegenEffect
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type VRage.Library.Logging.MyLog
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type VRage.ObjectBuilders.Legacy.MyObjectBuilder_ItemAutoswitchComponent
Worker Default 0>AccessListBatch> Warning: While processing AllowNamespace System.Collections.Generic.ListExtensions: System.Collections.Generic.* already exists in access list, this entry is redundant
Worker Default 0>AccessListBatch> Warning: While processing AllowNamespace VRage.Components.MyMultiComponent: VRage.Components.* already exists in access list, this entry is redundant
Worker Default 0>AccessListBatch> Warning: While processing AllowNamespace VRage.SerializableVector3: VRage.* already exists in access list, this entry is redundant
Worker Default 0>AccessListBatch> Warning: While processing AllowNamespace VRage.Network.ReplicatedComponentAttribute: VRage.Network.* already exists in access list, this entry is redundant
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Medieval.Entities.Components.MySubpartAnimationComponent
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type ParallelTasks.IWork
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type ParallelTasks.Task
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type ParallelTasks.WorkOptions
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.Components.CharacterSoundsEnum
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.Components.MyRopeComponent
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.Entities.Blocks.MyCubeBlockSubpartComponent
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.GameSystems.MyGravityProviderSystem
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.Season
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type Sandbox.Game.SessionComponents.TimesOfDay
Worker Default 0>MyScriptCompiler> Error: Failed to find type VRage.Factory.MyDependencyAttribute

next errors appear in mod loading section, which are presumably caused by that
Last edited by ジョニー; Feb 8, 2023 @ 6:42pm
d-dubs Feb 8, 2023 @ 6:52pm 
Does it work without mods? You should be able to get a bare instance going. Missing types doesn't sound good. I started a fresh new instance just now and am not seeing these errors. I would agree, the mod errors are probably caused by these errors you're seeing. Maybe validate your install also?
d-dubs Feb 8, 2023 @ 7:07pm 
You should also try to validate just the ME Dedicated Server. You can do that through Steam by looking at the Tools in your Library.
d-dubs Feb 8, 2023 @ 7:27pm 
This is my server log from starting a fresh new instance (no mods, no saves), just for comparison: https://justpaste.it/96aso
Last edited by d-dubs; Feb 8, 2023 @ 7:27pm
ジョニー Feb 12, 2023 @ 11:23am 
We're currently playing on a rented dedicated server with mods,
only mods without equinox core dependencies but we just want to use rails, carts, n' stuff...

And as I can see from your logfile, this is a self hosted server, that doesn't help me. Localhost works for me too, but I don't want to have to run the server on my PC 24/7, I'd like to run this on a rented server.

I also see that you're using not the community version, but this makes no difference for me, on the rented server both versions won't work with all wanted mods.
(btw: you should hide your public ip when posting your log files, could be abused...)

in short:
On local server (my PC):
✔ New / Old save with / without mods, (all wanted mods, even mods with equinox core dependencies) → logfile ok → server appears in list, others can join and play
(theres no difference between ME dedicated or steam tools dedicated server)

On rented server:
✔ New / Old save with / without mods, (but only mods without equinox core dependencies) → logfile ok (current status)

✘ New / Old save with all wanted mods (including equinox core, rails and stuff) → don't work → logfile errors → server oddly appears as online with "all wanted mods" but we can't join → loading screen stucks at 99%, caused by these loading errors of my last post
Originally posted by ジョニー:

And yes, I've already reinstalled the server and uploaded mods manually.

I just don't know the difference, why is it working on localhost and not on the rented server with same settings
Sorry this is just mindf**k I don't know
Last edited by ジョニー; Feb 12, 2023 @ 11:36am
d-dubs Feb 12, 2023 @ 2:06pm 
What I've been doing to support my rented ME server is I keep all the mods that I use on the server, subscribed in my account. Sometimes those mods get updated. When they do I review the changes (optionally) and then I re-bundle all the mods in my account. That bundle then gets pushed to my rented server and unbundled in the mods directory. The server doesn't have the ability to pull down mods anymore, nor do rented servers. If you're already doing this, then I would suggest you try, with a new save, removing all the mods and add them one at a time until the server crashes (like it has been for you).

Does it work with a new save with no mods on the rented server (based on what you're saying above it looks like it does)? If not, then I would first suspect your config file. One of the game hosting providers provides a Space Engineers config file for their ME server instances. :-O While they're similar, they're not compatible. Double-check you're using an ME config file on your rented server with ME settings in it. There are a few settings in there that are necessary because it's a rented server, but most of it should match your local config file for your local ME server.

You could still check that config file even if it works with no mods. I suspect config settings for SE are no longer recognized by ME (ignored by ME) but I can't guarantee that.
d-dubs Feb 12, 2023 @ 2:10pm 
The more peculiar issue you're pointing to are the mods on the rented server work unless they have a dependency on equinox core. Equinox core is pretty solid from what I've experienced. That's very strange. You might check with Equinox core's developer, list the mods your using and ask if they're aware of a conflict. Make note of those missing Type errors you're getting too.
ジョニー Feb 13, 2023 @ 2:07pm 
Hmm quite possible, can you pls share your config files (dedicated.cfg / sandbox.sbc) just for comparison?
Last edited by ジョニー; Feb 13, 2023 @ 2:08pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50