View the 2012 entries
You can watch the submissions below. Voting ended on Nov. 27 at 12:00am GMT and the winners were revealed on Nov. 30th on www.teamfortress.com.
For complete contest details click here.
Valve, when it comes to next year's Saxxies, please...
Either implement a filter or leave out Replays altogether...
I've been watching and rating Saxxy submissions since day one, and honestly, I'm getting really burned out. There are just too many bad Replays floating around that it's taken all of the fun out of the competition. I really wanted to watch every last submission and rate them all, really take part in the contest and make sure that I gave everyone a fair chance, but now I'm just burned out and fed up with it. And don't get me wrong, it's not just that these replays are terribly boring and lacking in any passion or effort, but the fact that a good 90% (if not MORE) of these Replay submissions are breaking some kind rule. Most of them are in 480p even though the rules explicitly state that all entries must be in at least 720p to qualify, meaning that in addition to the laziness of their submissions, they are also so lazy that they couldn't even be bothered to read the rules before submitting their half-assed entries.
So in addition to having to sit through these wretched videos from beginning to end and mass clicking the "No" button, I have to report each video. And even that wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that there are thousands of them!

Seriously, this is an absolute joke... I'm not mad at you, Valve... All you did was listen to your fans like any good developer should, but as usual, your fans have suggested something that ultimately turned out bad.

That said, I am going to push on and continue watching and rating these submissions, but I'm afraid I must ask for something in return. No, I don't want a special item or anything like that. If anything I'd rather you give each and every Saxxy participant who uploaded a video that broke the rules a Badge of Shame. No, scratch that, too fancy. A rock. An untradable, uncraftable, ungiftable, undeletable rock that will remain in their backpack forever. Ah, but seriously... All I ask in return for my diligent contribution to this contest is that next year you either ban Replays from the Saxxies, or at least implement a filter to catch any Video that isn't 720p from being submitted/uploaded.

In closing, I'd like to thank those of you who did read the rules and actually submitted some fun, inventive, and entertaining Replays. Rest assured that those of you who put any effort or passion into your Replay got a thumbs up from me. If only more folks out there had put the same kind of effort and enthusiasm into their Replays, then I wouldn't be writing this post right now and would instead be enjoying watching more of your smart, funny, and entertaining Replays.
Also, special shoutout to anyone who put the time and effort into actually making a video using Source Filmaker. I've honestly yet to see an SFM video that made me regret the time I spent watching it. In fact, I've enjoyed watching all of them.
Last edited by Blk_Mage_Ctype; Nov 24, 2012 @ 11:32am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
glocetti Nov 25, 2012 @ 3:06am 
Have you noticed that there is already filters in generating your queue and also in showing results, and imo those were there from day one? (cant really doubleheck their functionality since i have voted every entry, ues even replays)

That general whining about replays is also getting very tiredsome, i understand that finding quality replays from sea of jarate can be frustrating, but imo same could be said with some entries in comedy category. Quality problems could be also excused with that whole system were broken very long time. Few weeks before saxxys Valve finally released that findmodel patch, which allowed you actually edit videos without crashing(remember those videos with huge red error signs?).

Blk_Mage_Ctype Nov 25, 2012 @ 9:57am 
Originally posted by glocetti:
Have you noticed that there is already filters in generating your queue and also in showing results, and imo those were there from day one? (cant really doubleheck their functionality since i have voted every entry, ues even replays)

I meant a filter that prevents videos that were rendered below 720p from being accepted. In other words, a filter that catches ineligible entries so that we as viewers don't have to sift through them and report them ourselves.
tdubbz Nov 29, 2012 @ 6:15pm 
couldn't agree more
The Doctor Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:10am 
Last edited by The Doctor; Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:13am
Domesticon Nov 19, 2013 @ 9:25am 
Sounds about right, such a shame when compaines listen to their fains and get burned for it
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50