Toki Tori 2+

Toki Tori 2+

Toki Tori 2+ Community Levels
Welcome to the Toki Tori 2+ community levels page. With the included level editor, you can easily create your own levels. Be creative and share your creations with the Toki Tori 2+ community!
Vatticwave 2 Jul 28, 2013 @ 12:15pm
How to create an Area of Effect?
Some triggers, like the FOV one, asks me to select an area of effect. How is that made? help me plzz!!! :D
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
watahaya 8 Aug 1, 2013 @ 9:29am 
I don't know about some trigger, I know only the "stop camera".

To use the "stop camera" trigger, just set the width and height for the position when Toki enter and stop the camera. Select the parent trigger as Tokitori.
I don't know how to enable an object with a trigger. T^T

I don't know what the other camera effects do, so I'm sorry. If you know please tell me.

About the fog, I use both color and range.
set both area effects to a soft rect. The fog will occur when Toki enter the soft rect's area.
Try set color,range as you want.
My theory from my experiment.
Range: far = background fog , near = foreground fog
The less the number = the thicker the fog
I'm not sure about the base strength

hessel 6 Aug 9, 2013 @ 1:45am 
Ok, here comes a very brief, very short explaination of the triggers/effects (it'd be awesome if somebody created a proper guid for it)

*Triggers*
Triggers are area's in which something happens, for example the "Camera No Follow" trigger will force the camera to stop following Toki as long as Toki is touching the area of the trigger. Each trigger does something except for the basic, empty "Trigger". Triggers can be parented to other triggers which disables their own area (so it ignores the height, width and position of the trigger) and uses that of its parent instead. This way you can have one area produce multiple effects.

Triggers can also be parented to Toki's spawn point which means the trigger is activated as soon as Toki spawns. One use of this is to set the fog color and ranges in a level by setting Toki as the parent of a Fog trigger.

*Effects*
Effects work differently. To use an effect you first have to place an area where the effect works (the "Soft Rect"). These areas are called soft rects because the effects of that area gradually become less intense at the borders of the rect (you can set the sizes of the borders in the Soft Rect entity). To make effects work you have to place an effect and pick the area (the soft rect) it works on.

For example: Coupling a fog color effect to an effect area will make the fog color gradually go from the existing fog to what has been set in the fog color effect entity the closer Toki comes to the "core" area of the effect rect (displayed in blue in the editor).

This is not an extensive list, but it should at least point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps!

One more thing: setting the width or height of a trigger or effect area to 0 means that the width or height will span the width or height of the entire level.
Vatticwave 2 Aug 9, 2013 @ 1:49am 
Very helpful information, thanks!
watahaya 8 Aug 10, 2013 @ 2:47am 
I didn't know the last thing, Thx!!
Originally posted by hessel:
Ok, here comes a very brief, very short explaination of the triggers/effects (it'd be awesome if somebody created a proper guid for it)

*Triggers*
Triggers are area's in which something happens, for example the "Camera No Follow" trigger will force the camera to stop following Toki as long as Toki is touching the area of the trigger. Each trigger does something except for the basic, empty "Trigger". Triggers can be parented to other triggers which disables their own area (so it ignores the height, width and position of the trigger) and uses that of its parent instead. This way you can have one area produce multiple effects.

The empty trigger does have a purpose. It's used for the tutorial bird, although that's not much of a purpose.
Last edited by The_Imperfectionist; Jan 28, 2016 @ 12:37am
Crieris 28 Apr 8, 2016 @ 12:05pm 
Base strength is the percent of all effect strength.
Crieris 28 Jul 27, 2016 @ 1:57am 
Camera effects and triggers
Trigger - Camera: Places the camera in one place through the waypoints after entering the trigger parent, centering on the last waypoint. After exiting from the trigger parent, the camera is automatically centered on Toki Tori.

Trigger - Camera no follow: Stops the camera after entering the trigger parent. After exiting from the trigger parent, the camera is automatically centered on Toki Tori.

Trigger - FOV: Displays larger or smaller area when in trigger parent, centering on Toki Tori.

Camera Offset Effect: Moves the camera to the XY coordinates when in the area of effect. Camera is moving with Toki Tori. There can be the transition when in effect border.

Camera Position Effect: Moves the camera through the waypoints when in the effect, centering on the last waypoint. There can be the transition on the way through the waypoints when in the effect border. When exiting the effect, the camera is automatically centered on Toki Tori.

FOV Effect: Displays larger or smaller area when entered the effect, centering on Toki Tori. There can be a camera size transition.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50