PAYDAY 2

PAYDAY 2

PAYDAY 2: Workshop
Skins are something that adds that little extra something to PAYDAY 2. And we love seeing you making them! now the community can partake in the development of PAYDAY 2. Create, Submit, Vote, Comment
Learn More
Why do base gradients have the ability to hide patterns?
Patterns can already control opacity, so why does base gradients need to do that too?
Does that even have any usage???
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
I did theory crafting, and. The opacity, can be turned angle based, in the same way as colors.
So you look from one angle, no pattern. Look from other angle, yes pattern.

I gotta say. That is pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥ cool.
So lets take the AK for example, the foregrip specifically has wood and metal. Lets say you want to place a pattern on it but you want it to show only on the wood and absolutely nothing else. So you lower the opacity on the metal in the base gradient but leave the wood at 100%.

Another case would be screws and bolts that are not supposed to have the pattern on it, and I think the rattlesnake sniper has a skin with a pattern that shows only on the leather parts of the sling.

The angle based pattern visibility isn't really the point, but it's a neat effect that is used on some skins.
Last edited by soosh.exe; May 12 @ 3:18pm
Originally posted by soosh.exe:
So lets take the AK for example, the foregrip specifically has wood and metal. Lets say you want to place a pattern on it but you want it to show only on the wood and absolutely nothing else. So you lower the opacity on the metal in the base gradient but leave the wood at 100%.

Another case would be screws and bolts that are not supposed to have the pattern on it, and I think the rattlesnake sniper has a skin with a pattern that shows only on the leather parts of the sling.

The angle based pattern visibility isn't really the point, but it's a neat effect that is used on some skins.
Neat
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50