Crusader Kings III

Crusader Kings III

Modify the World
Modify your Crusader Kings III experience by checking out the many mods created and shared by the community, including tweaks to almost any aspect of the game.
Benjimus Jun 23, 2022 @ 7:08am
Mods broken since 1.6.0(castle update)
Hello everyone, im using the xbox game pass version of the game and was wondering if mods have been broken for anyone else here since castle update first released?

I've tried:
-reinstalling launcher,
-verifying game files
-deleting all game, launcher files, mod files and then reinstalling
-launching mods on their own like VIET, prince of darkness, and other smaller ones just to troubleshoot, on mods like prince of darkness the game crashes, on ones like Viet the mod is listed if i were to host a multiplayer but none of the rules or mod functions actually work as if its a blank mod, but all the files are in my mod folder.

Any help would be appreciated, is this a known issue or just me?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
AquilaESP 2 Jun 23, 2022 @ 2:16pm 
When the game is updated, mod authors need to update their mods because their changes may be outdated or produce bugs.

If the game notice you that the mods are for another game version, it's because the mods aren't updated.

The best is play only with updated mods.
Benjimus Jun 23, 2022 @ 5:29pm 
sorry AquilaESP, i should have noted that I have tried updating the mods and even trying mods that have had multiple patches since 1.6.0 like VIET and prince of darkness (testing them individually). the mods on the launcher are even stated to be up to date. Ive tried reintslling and updating them and the whole game as mentioned above.
AquilaESP 2 Jun 23, 2022 @ 5:43pm 
Check if your game version is 1.6.1.1 (the current game version). If you have this version, I think that can be a problem with the game launcher, try to see if my mod works because is completely update.

If my mod works, it's because the mods which you are subscribed aren't properly updated. If my mod doesn't work, can be a problem with the game launcher.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2223544446
Benjimus Jun 23, 2022 @ 6:06pm 
version is 1.6.1.1

im on game pass, so i cant use a workshop link. i use paradox mod page, even mods like prince of darkness and viet are up to date there, but neither of them work individually or grouped with others.

The mods say they are up to date, ive checked the site and the version just released a little while ago (after game version 1.6.1.1 release). ive reinstalled the launcher twice now. so i dont know what else to do to fix it.
Last edited by Benjimus; Jun 23, 2022 @ 6:07pm
AquilaESP 2 Jun 23, 2022 @ 6:25pm 
In the Paradox Forums I have found an old post of other user that have the Xbox Game Pass and the mods doesn't work. Maybe this can help you.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/mods-not-working-on-xbox-game-pass-v-1-0-3.1418654/
Benjimus Jun 23, 2022 @ 7:04pm 
i do not share all of the symptoms listed for them, i can see my playsets and mods in the list on the launcher, the game even has the loading screens from the mods. The multiplayer mode and checksum both have the mods listed, just no content from the mods appear in game. Prince of darkness the game doesent even load and i get a crash log.

ive checked through their problem with the descriptor files, and those are all pointing their respective spots/archives in the same mod folder. names are the same, they point to the archived files and all that.

a new question i have is, is there a 2nd descriptor file within the archived folder for steamwokshop versions of mods. because tehres a 2nd one in there for me that leads to a generic username that doesent exist on my pc. for some reason i cant delete it from the archive.
AquilaESP 2 Jun 24, 2022 @ 4:32am 
In Steam the CK3 mods have two descriptors, one next to the main mod folder that usually have numbers as name and other into the main mod folder that is called descriptor. Out of Steam I not know it.

Try to write your problem also in the Paradox forums.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 23, 2022 @ 7:08am