Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Gain access to the (Windows Only) level editor that the Young Horses used to create Octodad: Dadliest Catch. Create your own ridiculous levels and challenges to share with others.
Learn More
tommy6298 Aug 23, 2014 @ 12:09am
Octodad Game Editor
I recently bought Octodad and have to say it is sooooooooooooo fun!!! I have been non-stop playing it and realised that I wanted to start making my own levels (to put in the workshop). I have 3 things to ask. 1. I have started and can't find out if you can change Octodads colour? (Since he is originally orange I want him to be a different colour) 2. is it also possible to change the colour of his clothes? 3. Can you change the added characters voice(I change it to Scarlet and when I hit her its a man scream as a default and the character is a mix of Scarlet and the default.

Please help
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Luthyr  [developer] 10 Aug 23, 2014 @ 8:10am 
You can change texture by using a TriggerEventObject (or TriggerObject) with the "Change Material" OnTriggerEvent and MaterialAction "Set Texture". There, you point it to the path of the new octodad texture. Octodad's original texture is in Content/Models/Characters/Octodad.dds. You'd need an image editor such as Paint.NET (free) or Photoshop.

If you are using a CharacterObject, you can change its behavior in the ProfileName attribute, which defaults to Content/Models/Characters/EverymanProfile.xml. You can edit this in notepad, but you'll want to make a copy in your workshop level folder. You probably just want to select the ScarletProfile.xml.

Remember to save everything custom you make in the Content/Workshop/YOURMOD/ folder, or else it won't get linked in if you were to submit to Steam Workshop. This includes custom Octodad textures and character profile xmls that you might make.

tommy6298 Aug 23, 2014 @ 8:20pm 
Thanx!
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50